• 175 results
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mrfluke

just finished the story mode (pretty good, it was like a Justice league animated movie)

aquaman, green arrow, flash and batman seem like some of the best to chain combos with

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Played just a little bit last night. Bats is dope and Aqua is unreal. His projectile is bananas, he's got crazy range and a ton of options.

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been rolling Green Lantern and Sinestro. Fuck you colorblind.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

@sinusoidal said:

Not playing, but I'm rooting for Aquaman to be god-tier just for the irony of it all.

Aquaman is really good.

I'm leaning towards Batman. I know it's a little "boring" but I've always been a Scorpion player, and he plays a lot like Scorpion and I just like his moves.

Also, I'm really liking Raven. She has some hard hitting combos and a lot of Ermac style moves.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Almost up to 100 wins with Lex now, one of the first in the world based on how few Lex players there are, still just the one mirror match. Only Killer Frost seems more unpopular somehow. Ordinarily a character having tits is enough to make them at least vaguely popular in any multiplayer game but huge props to the Injustice community for shunning Catwoman and Killer Frost, and even though Raven is a bit overpowered she's pretty rare too. Probably switching to Frost for player matches after Luthor, she has the best on demand projectile in terms of damage though there's no EX version, somewhat limited moveset but certainly seems to be a decent character, granted Lex is way better but evidently no one likes his sexiness yet.

Got another 10 ranked streak, this time appropriately rewarded and I think the little icon you get for it is one of the best I've seen so get it while you can gents, will be a tough one in a month or two. Projectile spammers appear to be about 20% of the playerbase, if all of those were Deathstrokes that'd be an issue but it's varied; the only character that seems thoughtfully designed from a pure projectile perspective is Green Arrow, rest just spam the same couple of moves over and over; granted I'd almost prefer it if there were no projectiles but this is a fighting game after all.

Superman and Aquaman appear to be the best two characters, and Superman spammers are probably the most annoying, Lex is probably 4th or 5th due to how incredible his air-charge is. If you want to expedite matches using the environment Watchtower's main area seems to be the most reliable source of things to chuck on a regular basis, particularly if you start on the left and gradually move to the right as the match goes on. I had a 4 streak and a 7 streak in survivor mode but for some reason the leaderboard recorded it as an 11 streak with 1 loss, hurray. That's probably the most fun if you're playing against average players and you're competent, not quite as stifling to them, they can't bitch at you for not switching characters (you can't), and there's always a chance they take you out over the course of a few rounds or you die to too many environment hits or something.

In other news I completed the tutorial and did a few stage transitions! Batman is the most popular character by far though not really annoying in any way so I don't have a problem with that, Green Lantern is second and he has that lame instagrab at range, but aside from that not a particularly annoying character. Joker, Superman, and Deathstroke round out the top 5, but fighting 8 or 9 Deathstrokes out of 120ish matches isn't that bad, he's no Ken/Wesker/Scorpion. Superman is not as overpowered as he was in MK vs DC but probably still slightly better than Aquaman.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Definitely switching from Bane to Raven. I went 0 - 10 in ranked with Bane, and after switching I'm at 24 - 13. I don't really feel like I'm particularly good with Raven, but man I sucked with Bane. He has no mobility, no ranged moves, and no super armor like the other big guys. Props to anyone who can actually play him well.

Avatar image for thedigitalistic
TheDigitalistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I might be the only person online that really loves how Shazam handles.

With two meter segments and his trait, I can make him to a 50% combo. Shit is crazy effective.

Also, he can teleport all over the place in a really annoying way.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Still going through and getting a feel for them all, but from who I've played with so far, Sinestro seems to be my guy, with Flash as a close second.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Okay fuck everything I said before I'm really starting to gel with Lex Luthor online... I haven't really won that many matches with him yet but I've been putting up pretty damn good fights even when I lose.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedigitalistic: Man, you think a 2-meter 50% is nice? Obviously you haven't met any good Teths.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god....@fredchuckdave is a prophet and I bow to my lord and savior Lex Luthor. Dude is amazing. His overhead attack is a great setup move. And yeah the air dash is crazy. I could see a good lex player absolutely lock someone down in the corner.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: Good for you! Join the Lex legion (of 2 players), Sex Luthor lord of Coitus and Intercourse, fearsome (he gets elected president too!). So I got about a 14 streak earlier (leaderboard didn't register it nor the previous 2 10 streaks for whatever reason) then had 2-3 people DC on me in a row, then the next guy I fought was an extremely irritating projectile spammer so I figured it was time to give a little back and bailed (via quitting out of the game application entirely), while this counts as a loss in your stats it doesn't break your ingame streak so I was able to get another 11 wins and get the 25 ranked streak reward... which is a lame picture of Bane. More importantly 15, 20, and 25 streaks give x3 experience boosts for 15, 30, and an hour respectively, stack that with the x4 experience boost (additively) and you get x7 for every match so generally you want to get a streak, drop out and go do 1v1 comp fight matches repeatedly (or a Battle if you so desire) and get 7000-10000 experience per match, 25 times 7 times 1300 for an hour and you're up another 10 levels on the long long road to 100; made it up to 44.

Disconnects hurt your rating a bit but nothing else, there's a player and ranked rating for no apparent reason; I'm 99 and 40 with 5ish DCs, a few of those being intentional; I've been DC'd on about 30 times and the better my record gets the more likely it is to occur it seems. Still not sure how the guy with 100 DCs has a 1600 rating but oh well. Best match of today was against a 35-2 guy playing the Joker, won but it was close and tit for tat the whole way; fun stuff (probably a pre-release player).

Jeff is talking about a lot of dickish Deathstrokes and Nightwings on TNT, but uh I've fought like 5 or 6 Nightwings (only 1 or 2 projectile spammy) out of 175 matches and 15 deathstrokes, went 6-0 against the stroke today; Air Charge laughs at your weakass bullets. 1 of the Deathstrokes actually played in a non dickish fashion so there is hope for Strokers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: His jumping Heavy and Light, Light, Heavy combos are great nobody ever expects how far the axe reaches.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: Yar light light heavy down back heavy is pretty solid, though the jump in heavy, overhead into down back heavy actually does more damage (23-24% on 4 hits). As for cornering people: you don't really need to, most of the time corners have an environmental that they can use so staying a fair distance away is wise (wakeup attacks also come out faster), I think Lex's greatest strength is mid-close range, usually if you're far enough away the guy will jump at you, then you can jump and charge, follow up with a jump in combo. Even against ranged spammers using the vortex punt attack is useful just for the damage it does and it also sets up that mid range air charge again. It can be difficult to cross a full screen against a spammer (especially Superman) but half the screen is no problem.

CaptCommando4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really enjoying how wonder woman plays. She's really high mobility and has quite a bit of range with her lasso. Was going to main Aquaman, but it seems people have taken to him quickly so I don't have to waste my pity on him.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Killer Frost for some reason.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By musubi

@krullban said:

I like Killer Frost for some reason.

I bet you have at least two big reasons.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Just picked it up and just feeling everyone out. I usually gravitate towards the grappler type characters (i.e. Zangeif, Hakan.) and it's looking like Bane might just fit that bill. Still messing around though, so it could change for all I know. I will say that Joker and Aquaman is also a strong possibility for me as well.

UPDATE: Yep, Bane is my main. Might mess around with Grundy sooner or later.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@krullban: Killer Frost has a standing 27% no meter combo, square square square back down X (? pretty sure that's the slide's button), then X back down X very quickly after you come out of the slide; timing is pretty vicious on the last bit but it's doable with practice. She has 2 freeze moves if you use meter and could easily use that to setup 40%+ combos

I've heard people shit talking Bane/Grundy but they're both pretty deadly if used correctly, granted I've only lost to a couple of them. Harley Quinn seems to be ridiculously difficult relative to other characters as she only has one 3 button combo that doesn't rely on weirdass timing (back square triangle square, linkable into a gunshot), also one of her 2 hit combos results in a shot that does more damage than her basic projectile move. Still not really interested in doing the daily challenges as they seem now. Yet to see a well played Harley.

I won another 4 matches in a row and that gave me a 30 streak, which gives you x4 exp for 60 minutes, I'm now extremely curious to see if you get x5 at 35, x6 at 40 etc. Would take forever to get to 100 without streak bonuses; but might be able to speed things up considerably. See this

SOLOMON GRUNDY!

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: If you want damaging combos, check out Adam. Some dude hit x10 xp bonus, was like 79-1 or something like that. 56% one-meter combo in the corner, and at least one other 50+% one-meter combo that can hit anywhere, along with 40+% combos that are meterless.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@example1013: Not talking random dudes who most likely had access pre-release etc, just usable and effective combos for the average or above average player; I might be the best Lex right now but in a few weeks the random people that play several hundred matches a day and are super jittery and pale will eventually outdo me; don't really have a problem with that. Adam does seem relatively powerful though, just doesn't have great projectiles relative to Superman/Aquaman/Green Lantern

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Most of what I just mentioned is actually day 1 tech, not pre-release. It's all pretty simple stuff, I was able to do 90% of it in the lab today off only a couple hours practice, and I would say I'm well below average. Lack of projectiles isn't his biggest problem, his problem is that his AAs and air-to-airs suck. To compensate for that he has beefy combos and good traps and set-ups on the ground. I think that barring something that's legitimately broken he's never going to be S-tier, the hole in his game is too large (figuratively and literally; if you cut the screen in half diagonally, you get a good idea of exactly how much space he's kinda free to) but he's definitely got the tools to hang with almost all the cast.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@fredchuckdave: Dude.... How did you master so many characters so quickly. But I would agree with Killer Frost, I barely played with her in practice and I could already tell there are some incredible combos you could get out of her

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

@fredchuckdave: I actually don't play him as a zoner, which really means I should switch I like the way Batman plays, but I kinda hate the idea of playing Batman. I guess I'll just play Green Lantern

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@example1013: I can buy that someone was able to figure out a bigass combo in practice, but practice and executing something while under extensive pressure are entirely different. For example I played a Grundy that got 2 50% combos off on me but I was still able to win due to situational awareness; I didn't even have to zone him that much. I also played a Bane that was able to do 35-40% combos with regularity but he also pressured me well and mixed up the combo a bit; chances are the Bane played pre-release and the Grundy didn't. Due to how how matchmaking works it's entirely possible that someone could go 80-1 or whatever because there are a LOT of seemingly brand new players; but I've beaten 4 or 5 people with similar records and another 8 or 9 dudes in the top 100. If I was able to get wagers off to burn super meters and didn't fuck up environmentally I could have lost only ~15 times but oh well still doing reasonably well.

@sackmanjones: I haven't o.O As far as Lex goes he was in the demo and played way better than Batman and Wonder Woman, beating the Very Hard comp is a lot more challenging than almost every player so far, so there you go.

@commisar123: Green Lantern is almost as generic and common as Batman, if you want someone who's not generic yet and good try Lex or Raven, Killer Frost seems above average, saw a few decent Catwomen as well.

Grundy crush the bat.

The level 50 portrait of Grundy is a pretty awesome propaganda wallpaper. Talks in third person, wears Smooth Criminal garb and poses for Lenin posters, what a man that Grundy.

Without even trying the random run I did through battle mode to get Lex elected President was number 11 on that leaderboard, unfortunately it doesn't seem to sort by either challenge or difficulty so almost every other one up there is very easy (was playing on Medium). Boss Superman killed me once with like 10% hp left, the bastard. Granted I'm actually good at playing against the comp in fighting games, first time I've ever really tried online at launch.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Went 10-1 in ranked matches this morning, more info on the stupid shit here

The 1 loss was against a super captain turtle mcchampion Grundy reminiscent of how horrible SFIV has become. So projectiles might be a bit overpowered in this game but without them you'd just have Grundies killing people in 4 combos all day, I can dominate 90% of a match and still lose thanks to those silly combos. I refuse to spam projectiles except to mix things up on occasion so for some Grundies it's impossible for me to win pretty much; kinda neat (I'm very aggressive and on top of people for most of the match predominantly).

Medium Frost actually beat me once and shattered my pride; the comp shows you all sorts of shit especially on harder difficulties if you really want to find silly combos. For Frost the comp did a 24% at mid-full screen ranged combo using 1 meter, down back triangle + R2, back forward square, down back triangle again (a full screen knives > spike R2 > knives is also possible but difficult); I wasn't able to reproduce this since the timing on the second ice spike is like a few frames but still an interesting thing to have randomly occur. Frost has scorpions fire thing, sub zero's slide and counter, and Kano's knives.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As it stands, it seems like Raven is just Ermac all over again, which means that everyone will play Raven. If they don't, then it seems like Solomon Grundy (aka Jax) is the next best thing, with Deathstroke (zone king) being the third.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: All this time I've been saying heavy I meant medium I suppose; triangle is heavy in every other 3 button game so I am reprieved; the axe is still pretty sweet but doesn't combo quite as well.

From 72 to 73 is 350k experience, pretty close to 1-50

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I dunno after tonights matches with @fluxwavez making me humble at my attempts to beat him with Lex I think my time is better suited with Raven. Still like Lex but... I'm kind of terrible with him still it seems. Although to my credit I did win a few with him. Also I really wish they would put Raven's New 52 costume in. Its so fucking dumb in all the right ways.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Holy shit is Catwoman fast. That's all I wanted to say. I really like how fast she is.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: What was flux playing? Raven's a pretty strong counter to Lex so an above average Raven can beat me; anything that can stop the doom charge instantly is problematic (only a few moves in the game can). I received another job offer so my reign as Lord of Lexiness will have to be halted or at least stifled; also my dream of being the first person to get to 100 legit has been shattered (takes about 70 hours if you exploit all the systems to your advantage or boost like crazy, takes 500+ hours otherwise). STARS Lab missions are substantially more time consuming and difficult than Ranked matches at the highest level, though maybe not as exciting sometimes.

Bane seems like another solid matchup for Lex, decent strengths on both sides and Bane doesn't have bullshit grab combos like Grundy. Shoutout to @smokeyd123 for ending my 75 game win streak, at some point I got used to the idea of quitting on incredibly annoying players (still only up to like 8 DCs at most out of 180 matches) and I just don't lose very often otherwise so had to find a worthy victor. You don't get rewards for streaks above 50 (which is x10 for 60 minutes) so I had to reset it sometime. Still like 12-0 against Deathstroke since my first day; don't really think he's all that great despite the hubbub, Raven is way better at doing similar things.

I've still only had one match ever against Killer Frost which is troubling considering how good a character she appears to be. She has tits! She's a fucking night elf! What's wrong with the Injustice community to not embrace such wonderful characteristics. Sinestro also seems pretty good but no one plays him. I'm having trouble finding a third character to be halfway decent at as I won't play anyone generic and some of the promising characters are pretty tough to play (Doomsday)

Top 10: Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Raven, Lex, Grundy, Black Adam, Hawk Girl, Bane, Shazam

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: He alternated around but a lot of Joker and Flash. He was pretty good at zoning with Joker. We had @mvp1101 in the room to who actually played a decent Green Arrow and Doomsday first time I've seen anyone use those guys online.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: I've never lost to a Joker (played a 35-2 one, can't remember if there were other particularly good ones, probably a couple), his ranged hits are pretty easy to get over and he has a very long animation to start the low ranged attack. Only lost to the Flash due to playing stupid but he could feasibly prove a challenge given a good enough player (10-1 or so), for example if Jeff and I played 10 matches he'd probably win 2 or 3 at present, but he could easily get better. Flash is vulnerable to zoning even though his gimmick says otherwise, air charge is better than every jump in or dash-in attack that he has, and it's really easy to knock him out of the time warp.

Green Arrows aren't all that uncommon, seems like he's top 10 at least in terms of popularity. Doomsday though he's almost as rare as Frost and Sinestro despite journeying to the center of the earth.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#86  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

I really like playing as Green Arrow and The Flash. Unfortunately I'm at the stage of "I'm good enough to be ok-to-kind-of-good in my circle of friends but the moment I go online I become a mop."

I also seriously don't know if it's just me, but I have pretty good-to-great internet, and every time I join a KotH lobby, I have 4 bars, a few will have 3, and the rest are 0 - 2 and in matches I get real shit input lag. I dunno what is up with that. Like I said, either way I'd be a mop but I feel like I'm not exactly getting a fair chance here.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By musubi

@fredchuckdave: Even though I lost to his Flash I do see how he could be contained. Raven can totally grab him when he tries anything from his Running Man stance which was the crux of what was throwing me off since he has both high and low options off of it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: After testing out the Flash in practice he seems like a solid choice, high skill ceiling that isn't solely caused by memorizing long button chains. The Running Man stance has a 0 frame startup so you can actually embed it into combos and I imagine a really good flash player would use it quite often as such, if you do it right you're only in the stance for a split second (or possibly shorter depending on how the game reads inputs); you see a lot of flashes get down in the stance and just sit there for a second but that's definitely the wrong way to go about doing it (for Lex when they do this you can just use your orbital laser).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LiquidPrince

I just got a 15 game win streak alternating between Harley, Hawkgirl and Green Arrow. Those three are my guys.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking on it more and more, Teth might just be top 5. He has a 40% meterless BnB combo for basically any touch, and can hit over 50% for a meter. AA is mediocre, but who cares when you got a swag-ass footdive, decent air-to-air, and can basically kill off 4 touches. Timings are kinda tight on learning his combos, though.

I can't wait until I have enough time to really sit down and get good at this game, so I can show you all what the true power of SHAZAM means.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@example1013: Again problem with him is his ranged game isn't that solid, rest seems okay but if he could add in some annoying projectiles from time to time he'd be much better (Lex especially can murder him off the dodge of the lightning strike)

Worth noting is that if someone quits on you manually (doesn't DC) then it counts as a loss and a huge rating dip in your statistics, could possibly even count as a DC (went from 1572 to 1530). Kenpachi who's number 2 on the leaderboard is an obvious pre-release player and there's probably only 5-10 people that could potentially beat him right now but he still has 100 losses, that's why (chance of him playing those people is ridiculously unlikely). Personally I only consciously remember 25 or so losses but have 44 according to the stats, that's probably why.

There's also some "interesting" records on the King of the Hill leaderboard if you want a laugh (Exp leaderboard is now completely hacked out as well)

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I'm 100% convinced that if he had a reliable anti-air and/or a normal fireball he'd be SSS tier broken. As it stands, the only thing that makes Teth balanced is that he can't apply constant pressure, because his strengths are stronger than any other characters, and he needs his glaring weaknesses to balance out how powerful his strengths are. I originally thought he couldn't be S-tier because of the holes in his games (at least not without being literally unbalanced), but I've changed my mind, and I think he's probably going to be either A+ or S going forward, even as he stands now.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I've been a Nightwing / Flash guy but I'm really liking Joker. He's like the Drunken Boxing fighter of all those fighting games out there. His Unorthodox way of fighting is pretty fun.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I believe level 100 is 16 million exp or thereabouts; if you got there only by losing matches repeatedly it would take 320,000 matches, instead of merely 16,000 wins.

Saw a Frost who was reasonably competent! No reason Frost can't be a top 10 character either though not especially strong anti-air, every other part of her game is solid.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#95  Edited By Hailinel

Been mostly playing Harley. I'm going to experiment with Hawkgirl a bit.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I believe level 100 is 16 million exp or thereabouts; if you got there only by losing matches repeatedly it would take 320,000 matches, instead of merely 16,000 wins.

Saw a Frost who was reasonably competent! No reason Frost can't be a top 10 character either though not especially strong anti-air, every other part of her game is solid.

That spike move she has is fucking fantastic, its really quick and can be put almost at the end of any combo. I'd really like to learn her once I get settled with Nightwing.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones: Yep and if you add R2 to the spike it becomes a combo extender, ending the second combo with slide, heavy, slide works wonders.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really more of a story mode guy, but on the rare occasions I might play other people, I'd probably go for Batman. I like the feel of his combos the most.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Man I am just getting utterly thrashed online. Maybe I shouldn't have beat the story first. I'm just getting ranked agaisnt crazy W/L ratios dudes who juggle me around like a toy. And this one Doomsday I fought, holy what the hell.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone actually able to get into Ranked matches? The matchmaking system seems awful in this. Seems way faster to just go to a room and find people to fight with. I would like to do some ranked fights here and there but I've been able to connect to a whopping 1 Ranked fight which I promptly lost.