Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party? (1586 votes)

Totally! The salt and frustration is what makes the feature. 50%
Not really. The tension and the sense of tedium among the crew has already worn out as a fun to watch element and will only make the next MPPs more frustrating to play and less entertaining to watch. 22%
Yes, but maybe be more selective about which MPs are played (they get better!), or wait for Mario Party 10 8%
Yes, but spruce it up with a drinking game or some additional mechanic so everyone but Dan will not die of despair 16%
Other motherfucker! 6%
 • 
Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think I can watch any more of them. The games are super boring to watch and noone seems to be having a good time except Dan. Even Jeff's reactions will get stale eventually.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By matiaz_tapia
@danzig said:

@anund said:

Brad's outright hostility towards Dan really made this last stream hard to enjoy. I mean, I like Jeff's misery, he takes it out on the game, not the people around him. Brad just made things uncomfortable.

^^^ This man knows.

Brad sucked the life out of that room. Constantly. The entire time. If he's just going to be a miserable prick the whole time just let him not do it and get Danny O'Dwyer or Jason or anyone else to play.

Like Brad Shoemaker is above playing Mario Party 3. Give me a fucking break.

Could you guys please cut that shit out, this is not high school.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I hate how these types of threads just dissolve into a bunch of passive aggressive (and just outright aggressive for that metter) insults and bullshit...

Oh well. Thanks Mario Party!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I hate how these types of threads just dissolve into a bunch of passive aggressive (and just outright aggressive for that metter) insults and bullshit...

Are you saying that Mario Party is an agent of evil

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@babychoochoo said:

Are you saying that Mario Party is an agent of evil

Honestly? That just might be the only explanation at this point lol

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Take a break from this feature for awhile. I would like to see more Mario Party Parties, but it's obvious the crew (except Dan) are done.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like mario farty amirite

[/thread]

Avatar image for metalliccookies
metalliccookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By metalliccookies

I seem silly saying this but I would rather let them decide if they want to contine :P If they chose not to play another one I will be fine but if they play another one then I will stay up till 2am again watching it live :D I must commend them though for sticking through the last one... saying that my only idea for future MPPs would be to perhaps lower the turns to 20, since I want to see them have somewhat of a good time while playing it XD

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Mario Party. I like Dan. They're finally onto the good Mario Parties, so I'd love to see more.

Though I think alternative games with a similar board-game-like mechanic might be a good compromise (between the jokey torture of Mario Party, and something new that the others might be interested in) like maybe that (not great) Smash Bros. WiiU board game thing. Or maybe Fortune Street or Wii Party (or the sequel on the WiiU).

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have take some prozac, or get drunk, or something if they do any more of these to enjoy it. I get the point, Dan beats the shit out of them in a game they don't even like and brags about it in the most grating way. If someone acted like that towards me I would break his or her nose.

Snowden42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are officially committed and they absolutely have to finish what they have started. They shall only be free of the Mario Party Party when they have completed 50 turns on every Mario Party game.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzig said:

@anund said:

Brad's outright hostility towards Dan really made this last stream hard to enjoy. I mean, I like Jeff's misery, he takes it out on the game, not the people around him. Brad just made things uncomfortable.

^^^ This man knows.

Brad sucked the life out of that room. Constantly. The entire time. If he's just going to be a miserable prick the whole time just let him not do it and get Danny O'Dwyer or Jason or anyone else to play.

Hey man, just because you can't read people doesn't mean the ones of us who can shouldn't be allowed to talk about it. It was clear as day.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they were just putting on a show. I dunno. The hostility came off as fairly real to me though. When people are annoyed and inebriated they tend to behave in unusual ways.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund said:

@matiaz_tapia said:
@danzig said:

@anund said:

^^^ This man knows.

Hey man, just because you can't read people doesn't mean the ones of us who can shouldn't be allowed to talk about it. It was clear as day.

Watching it again, I have to disagree with you. Brad's pretty clearly playing it up and Dan knows it.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this even a question?

The Party don't stop.

THE PARTY NEVER STOPS.

Danzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Danzig

@babychoochoo said:

No insults. Just calling like I see it. Did not enjoy Brad on this one, felt his demeanor was a negative for the rest of the guys.

Obviously they should keep going. We must see this experiment through to the end.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Anund

@itwongo said:

@anund said:

@matiaz_tapia said:
@danzig said:

@anund said:

^^^ This man knows.

Watching it again, I have to disagree with you. Brad's pretty clearly playing it up and Dan knows it.

In parts yes, I agree with you. But on numerous occasions it's not just for a laugh. Anyway. Like it matters anyway, eh? I didn't enjoy it because of it. I don't care if they do another, because I likely won't watch it, at least if they make Brad do it again. Just let him go home to sleep.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You guys can be a bunch of humourless nerds

Danzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Danzig

@tajasaurus: You're right it was hilarious those 30 times Brad made it so no one else wanted to talk because 90% of what he said were negative things.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzig: Oh, i wasn't talking about towards the staff. I was talking about community members talking about other members.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys can be a bunch of humourless nerds

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

OmnislashF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni said:

I'm going to have take some prozac, or get drunk, or something if they do any more of these to enjoy it. I get the point, Dan beats the shit out of them in a game they don't even like and brags about it in the most grating way. If someone acted like that towards me I would break his or her nose.

Well unfortunately that's who Dan is. Although, the GB crew certainly doesn't help by letting his ego run rampant with these types of videos. From the custom t-shirt with his name and Rocky imagery on it, constantly shilling his novels, and now this new podcast about life advice I just can't stand his antics. He's the definition of 'that guy' who ruins everything with his self-absorption mixed in equal parts to his stupidity and arrogance. In comparison, Jason is an amazing addition to the team and gels so well with the overall attitude of the crew through his genuinely thoughtful and nice demeanor. Going forward I hope that Jason subs out Dan for a chunk of content because he damn well deserves it more than that blathering fool.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. Just replace Jeff and Brad with people who aren't miserable.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@danzig: Why are you so incensed by this? It's one video feature that has happened three times every month or so. It's not like this is happening at the detriment to other content. You're more than welcome to dislike this series but the amount of energy you are expending on it is kind of unhealthy. Just say you don't like it and move on.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. Just replace Jeff and Brad with people who aren't miserable.

Pretty much thing. Maybe leave Jeff, but get rid of Brad. Make it 35 turns only and it would be better. Brad ruined this last one.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Nick

one every 3 months would be fine

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I mean they're going to play 10 because that's what this whole thing was about but I don't need to see them do any more no. I think after three they've got as much out of this as they can get because even though the visual bumps would be nice, it would quickly get back to the same thing if they went in order.

At least there's some editorial value in doing 10 at launch and seeing what the jump would be from 3 to 10.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzig said:

@anund said:

^^^ This man knows.

WHOOSH

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund said:

@matiaz_tapia said:
@danzig said:

@anund said:

^^^ This man knows.

Haha, man. You're a funny guy.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

In several months, absolutely. MPP is one of my favourite features.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lelcar said:

Can I just point out that there was 100 days between Mario Party and Mario Party 2? Then 85 days until Mario Party 3. They really aren't coming frequently.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love the brutal nature of the MPP. I hope they do all 10 as promised. I like seeing dreams die before me.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seriously worried about Jeff.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By chrissedoff

There must something about Brad that triggers naturally hateful people's bullying instinct. All I saw him do was express a lack of interest in the outcome of the game whenever Dan poked and prodded him. So what? He doesn't care anymore and he said so. I didn't think people came to Giant Bomb to see hyperactive phony-baloney antics. There is loads of that on YouTube and elsewhere. I like how dark it gets when they play these mind-numbing games for hours.

Danzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: So you like how dark and uncomfortable it got but we're the bullies because we think Brad could've been nicer? Okay.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep it going. For some reason a lot of Mario Party fans are just getting worked up because they can't listen to more Mario Party shit talk. As someone who played the shit out of Mario Party 4, the GB crew hit the nail on the head on the franchise simply being a random luck-based bullshit factory with poor mini-games sprinkled on top. Dan is a good counterweight

@baillie said:
@lelcar said:

Can I just point out that there was 100 days between Mario Party and Mario Party 2? Then 85 days until Mario Party 3. They really aren't coming frequently.

I love that they space these out long enough for the absolute venom and disgust they have for the franchise to wear off just enough for them to foolishly think that they can endure another Mario Party game.

Don't listen to the naysayers, GB! Best premium feature next to Metal Gear Scanlon

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danzig said:

@anund said:

^^^ This man knows.

It's like you guys never saw friends pick on each other before, things don't have to always be happy go-lucky. It just shows how close they are and able to riff off each other when they can deal that much shit to each other.

Keep it up, GB!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

You people are crazy! Watching their complete and utter disdain for these games is fucking hilarious.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who can read minds professionally, they are all thinking about eating tacos and being mad that they aren't eating tacos.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By mellotronrules

@omnislashf8 said:

@kasaioni said:

Well unfortunately that's who Dan is. Although, the GB crew certainly doesn't help by letting his ego run rampant with these types of videos. From the custom t-shirt with his name and Rocky imagery on it, constantly shilling his novels, and now this new podcast about life advice I just can't stand his antics. He's the definition of 'that guy' who ruins everything with his self-absorption mixed in equal parts to his stupidity and arrogance. In comparison, Jason is an amazing addition to the team and gels so well with the overall attitude of the crew through his genuinely thoughtful and nice demeanor. Going forward I hope that Jason subs out Dan for a chunk of content because he damn well deserves it more than that blathering fool.

whoah. you guys are so right- let's break that guy's nose because he's just a blathering fool who's equal parts stupid and arrogant.

(with that sort of attitude, you'll NEVER invited to any mario parties! just saying).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ripelivejam

You know, keep it going just to make the naysayers and sensitive /overanalytical types squirm. This is some kaufman-esque shit right here.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, keep it going just to make the naysayers and sensitive /overanalytical types squirm. This is some kaufmann-esque shit right here.

next week brad and dan break up and then it's oh god MARIO FIST FIGHT.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By chrissedoff

@danzig: Brad could have been nicer to whom? Mario Party? Don't make me laugh! And yeah, you are being bullies. It's not like Brad stood up and spiked the game cartridge, but he's the one being singled out as a problem by the resident malcontents. It would be nice if the message board whiners were a little more self-aware because if people don't like to see Brad looking grumpy on video, imagine how well-adjusted people feel when they see you guys shitting up threads with all your grousing about how Brad ruined your day because he didn't jump for joy and praise the Lord for giving him one more chance to play Mario Party.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: No one is saying he has to jump for joy. We'd all settle for him just not being a miserable child for 4 straight hours and ruining a potentially great feature. Just don't have Brad play next time, bring in Danny or Mary, and the feature would be great. No one wants to watch someone be grumpy and ruin a potentially good time for other people, and having to pay to watch it just makes it worse.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep them coming. Best feature on the site. Drew shouldn't be allowed to tag out though.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do really enjoy watching them, but I was a bit worried about Jeff, as he just seemed downright miserable near the end of it, not even his usual ranty, angry miserable either. I thought Brad was okay.

That said, I do want to see more.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never watched the Mario 1 and 2 parties live, but they looked morbidly entertaining from the highlights I've watched. However, Mario party 3 just felt sad and boring to me. Dan dragging everyone through these miserable games while being the only one to have any “fun” could not be less entertaining to me.

I want to see the crew do something together that they all actually give a fuck about, but that's probably asking too much. I like Dan (to a certain extent), but I feel like he's been kind of taking charge of the site content because nobody else cares or is too lazy. Jeff, Vinny, and Drew are the reasons I'm a subscriber, but where is all their premium content?? I don't watch MGS and I know BEast is working on it, but Jeff? Surely he can do something more then Jar times and sitting in on other things.