Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party? (1586 votes)

Totally! The salt and frustration is what makes the feature. 50%
Not really. The tension and the sense of tedium among the crew has already worn out as a fun to watch element and will only make the next MPPs more frustrating to play and less entertaining to watch. 22%
Yes, but maybe be more selective about which MPs are played (they get better!), or wait for Mario Party 10 8%
Yes, but spruce it up with a drinking game or some additional mechanic so everyone but Dan will not die of despair 16%
Other motherfucker! 6%
 • 
jzo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

should be a weekly feature

tricky_dicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs a saltybet equvilent for the mini games.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for the third option. So far I have enjoyed the existing MPPs but I can't really see myself enjoying watching them play the next one unless it's considerably different. So I guess I ask the fellow Mario Party duder fans: does the formula change in any significant way or is it just the same but with better graphics and more mini games? Does it become more strategic (like Fortune Street which I have rewatched yesterday and holy shit, that was a blast to watch, also the crew looked like they were actually having fun)?

If the Gamecube or Wii iterations have improved gameplay that isn't literally randomness for 4 hours then I would be interested in seeing that. Plus I want them to do a Party of Mario Party 10 regardless.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I honestly don't know if they could handle it.

One part of me is all "they should totally fucking finish this bullshit endeavour that was doomed from the start because fuck it man, don't let Mario Party win", while another part of me is all "Mario Party wins if they play and we watch another fucking Mario Party Party", while another part of me is all "other motherfucker."

So I voted for "other motherfucker."

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi

@imsh_pl: Mario Party 3 is generally considered the best of the series. 5 has it's fans as well due to how much of a dick it is.

The Wii ones are the worst.

They should do Dokapon Kingdom which is basically Mario Party if it was a JRPG. Also a full game is like 20 hours.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: That kinda bums me out. For me this one had very little actual improvement or even different content from the previous one.

Don't get me wrong, all of the MPPs were amazing, but this last one was just constantly filled with all of the people (except Dan) involved thinking 'man I wish this is over soon'. Which had its charm and was really entertaining during the first two ones, but during this one it got really tense at times. At some point Brad seemed just flat out hostile to Dan, not even in a 'busting balls' kinda way. And Drew just straight up LEFT for like twenty minutes.

I guess I would like to see them do MPP10 and maybe one before that. But if the games don't get any better I fear that this feature will suffer in quality FAST.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep that shit going. Solely due to Brad's bitching about a party game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

I should add that I do enjoy this feature. The moments of gleeful madness when they tap into Mario Party Nirvana are something else. The ending to this last one was fucking perfect.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think they should keep going with the series. Maybe tone it down to 35 turns to save their sanity for the rest of the parties.

Also that ending made it worth it to keep tabs on it for four hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They got to keep going. Quitters never win.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Get that shock toy back and shock whoever looses at minigames?

beans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to the GOTY they did play all of them, so they kinda have to.

JYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got burnt out on that Grown Ups 2 podcast around the 15th episode, so 3 Mario Party Parties is probably the right amount.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Party sucks and it sucks to watch. They should stop.

Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Existence

Eh, I don't know. The crew (sans Dan) hated MP1 and 2, but they still seemed to have fun playing and bashing it, while it looked like MP3 just bummed them all out.

Kirlia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but I'd give it several months. Let there be more Metal Gear Scanlons and Demo Derbies and other features before they return to Mario Party.

Judog24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the sake of Encyclopedia Bombastica, it needs to keep going.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They REALLY need to take a long break before playing another one. Seeing how this last one sucked the life out of them (and also a lot of people in the chat even), the whole memory of this one needs to pretty much needs to be forgotten before they go back. 4 hours straight is kind of a lot of hours to play anything, let alone mario party. Hopefully the next one is more around the 3 hour sweet spot that the first two occupied.

I kind of like mario party 4 and 5, but thats probably just me...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suffer for our amusement!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If they continue, I would maybe cut the turn limit down or figure out a way for everyone to enjoy playing. I know they play up there frustration for laughs (which works) but it would have to be absolutely miserable to sit through fifty turns of poorly made mini-games. I couldn't watch the whole thing without doing something else. I ended up putting the stream on my phone and watching it while playing Dying Light.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By chilibean_3

I don't think they can get much more out of them. I mean, that was supposed to be the best one? And Drew rage quit? Nah. This feature is all out of juice. At least give it a much longer break. Even then they probably need to do something to change it up.

I enjoyed it but I don't know how it keeps going like this and remains worth it.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MezZa

I pretty much already said my thoughts in the waiting room thread, but I think they need to take a couple month break or lower the turn count so that they stay around 3 hours at the most. This one didn't seem to have as much of a lets have fun by making fun of how bad and luck driven this game is feel to it. It was more of a because this game is so bad and luck driven we're just waiting to be done with it after the first ten turns feeling. Part of me hopes that they could enjoy the gamecube ones because besides MP1 those are the ones I played the most as a kid, but at this point I kind of doubt it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24 chaser324  Moderator

Maybe, but I'd personally prefer for them to reduce the number of turns. There's certainly some enjoyment from seeing Jeff and Brad deal with the frustration of enduring four hours, but I think it would be better for all involved, both players and viewers, if we could cut this thing down to something more reasonable - an hour or 90 minutes or something.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one felt incredibly painful for everyone involved except maybe Dan. The near-palpable sense of being on the razor's edge of fuckery was completely gone, since everyone was just getting reamed constantly. Take a break, maybe pare it down to once or twice a year, or skip to some later games if they really feel the need to keep it going. Otherwise I think what there is to be gotten has been got from the games.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By MEATBALL

I love the feature, I'm totally up for more Mario Party Party, 50 turns is a bit much, though, it was particularly bad for Mario Party 3. :P

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By pr1mus
No Caption Provided

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Move on to a different series, this one has been burnt.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see them endure 24-hours of mario party for charity. That is a ChildsPlay stream that could pry money from my hands.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of the feature, but that stream today just killed me. I'm dead now.

I'll watch another, though.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Absolutely, but they need to be spaced out decently like this. Watching them in one sitting is completely draining and I need time to recover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they should should do a different game than Mario Party before doing more Mario Party. Get some Fortune Street going, I dunno.

Also 50 turns is completely pointless. Less than half of those turns have any value toward the end of the game anyway.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After today, i'd be fine if they held off on it for a while. Jeff seemed like he was legitimately miserable and did not want to be there while Brad and Drew (and Jaaaaaaaaason) seemed like kind of whatever and they just wanted to get it over with. I love the endless fountain of fun and joy that is Dan, but he seemed like the only one who was having fun which made it a bit awkward to watch sometimes.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By jkz

Bring back Fortune Street for a stream, maybe do a look at Mario Party 10 at launch (at a turn limit more reasonable than 50) and call it a day, I'd say. They already got 6-10 good (some of this one was excruciating but I still enjoyed it) hours of "fun" out of Mario Party. I'd say that equates to doing their due diligence.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to see the crew make their way through all of the Mario Parties! Someone is probably going to kill someone if they keep doing 50 turns, though.

Screw all of the talk of just not doing Mario Party Party any more.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zella

They are still gonna do the dishwasher 40 at the end right? You need to do them all then to make it legit. They also space them out enough that I think going through them all won't get too bad. I can see skipping the gamecube releases and going straight to Wii as that will at least shake the main games up.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to be honest, from what I saw Mario Party 3 seems way more boring then 1 and 2

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Nah I skipped the live event even though I was home and probably could of watched it live. It was probably one of the first non-dota premium things I chose to skip live in a long while. I have no issue with Mario Party but I think it truly reflects on the product when the people on it are probably not having the best time. After awhile a joke can sometimes runs its course and that's probably how I feel about the mario party streams.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

After this one I think it's abundantly clear why they only do these every few months. But also the complete misery of Brad, the quiet hatred of Drew, the boiling hatred of Jeff, and the hyper-competitive enthusiasm/bad sportsmanship from Dan is what makes the feature so entertaining in the first place. I'm not sure if they have to do 50 turns again though...

Really, they should just play a whole game of Dokapon Kingdom because that game is even more bullshit and takes forever to play.

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I would absolutely love for them to go in chronological order and find a way to stream the portable games, multiplayer and live. They at least gotta do 4. I only rented it once but from what I remember it's probably better than all its successors.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't know why 50 turns was originally decided. That's not the way people that like Mario Party play Mario Party.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The frustration and tedium is the point

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually someone is going to snap and take things too far during one of these streams. That will be one awkward ass stream.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By probablytuna

I think they should play until they can handle no more.... which might mean they are probably done after Mario Party 3 given that even Drew was fed up with the game.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mcfart

I can't believe Dan did 50 turns this time. I was expecting Brad+Jeff to explode and force 25.

50 was a great gimmick last time, but not again lol

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46  Edited By Giantstalker

Well, like, what else are they gonna do?

Dan gets props for at least putting forward an idea which made it into a feature - a feature that they've actually stuck with (much like Metal Gear Scanlon).

If nobody else comes up with something "better" then let them continue to host a monthly Mario Party Party.

The only thing that should displace this is something better, not the alternative of nothing at all!

EDIT: voted the fourth option, maybe some directed discussion ala podcast would make it more palatable

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only watch the beginning and end of these, and for 3 I watched the bits where Drew left and came back("Garbage!"). I don't want the guys to sit through 4 hours of garbage so I can see the last 5 minutes of it. The last five minutes are amusing, but seriously.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By btrdeadthanred

More Mario party, more drinking. BECAUSE FUCK IT.

Also Jesus people are reading too much into this. They're grown men, and it's a dumb game. They're not going to snap.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only people who want more of this are the members who have reached a boy band level obsessed with the staff. They'll pay 5 bucks a month to watch Brad sleep.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. Yes. Maybe. OK.