User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JeremySpittle
teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

h:mm:ss is probably better than just number of seconds for the time.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

hahah bravo.

JeremySpittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JeremySpittle

I do (s) because it's then easier to parse the data using automatic commands. If I want to see the average time between Kojima's it's really easy to do in this format. It isn't easy to do in h:mm:ss unfortunately.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is the kind of nonsense I can get behind.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Dan wields too much power..

JeremySpittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

At least the power to make me spend $15 on a domain and hosting for it

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

At least the power to make me spend $15 on a domain and hosting for it

That is too much power.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ch3burashka

Now that you've spent your free time tirelessly working on this thing that no one has a physical need for, I demand you take it one step further and create a plugin that integrates with the player and, using the timestamp you've recorded, presents a KojimaTracker number onscreen.

I'm tickled by all the references to Giant Bomb and the crew, as if someone accidentally stumbles upon KojimaTracker.com and is confused as to its purpose.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tweeted this to Dan so he knows what he has done.

BionicIguana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@teaoverlord said:

I do (s) because it's then easier to parse the data using automatic commands. If I want to see the average time between Kojima's it's really easy to do in this format. It isn't easy to do in h:mm:ss unfortunately.

Do all your calculations then convert it at the very end

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty surprised that url was available.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#13 sgtsphynx  Moderator

This is awesome, duder. Also

@hassun said:

Pretty surprised that url was available.

Yeah, that is kinda surprising.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, so great.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ten already seems too low haha

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering how i would know if this was a Kojima Production

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By doctordonkey

If we're taking bets I'm putting my wager on around 220.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Bollard

My first thought was Dan's estimate of 301+ was lowballing it, but looking at that maybe it's closer than I thought. Gunna go 174.

EDIT: 6 episodes in and they're at 50 nearly. Regret this prediction. At this rate, assuming there will be around 100 episodes (which I believe is entirely possible) then we'd be looking at 400+ Kojimas.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shindig

Are we counting the name on the pre-loading screen and the Kojima logo you get on boot? That's two before you've even hit the menu.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahah! Thanks, I really wanted to know how many Kojimas it would end up being.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Slight spoiler, but if Drew does the side op where you extract Kojima, will that count as a Kojima?

How would it not?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Fantastic!

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading the title, I thought this was a spin-off of Drake Tracker 3000 where you somehow collate Kojima's tweets and food and have in-app purchase of..... something... cardboard box???

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ratamero

@jeremyspittle: great work! regarding the format for time, I guess you can keep it stored in seconds, but do some quick maths when displaying to get nice formatting. But then again, I don't know the specifics of what you're doing, so whatever. Anyway, congrats!

edit: never mind, I saw that it's just a google spreadsheet. You can divide the number of seconds by (24*60*60) and then format it as "duration" from the 123 button.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:
@dudeglove said:

Slight spoiler, but if Drew does the side op where you extract Kojima, will that count as a Kojima?

How would it not?

Well, because he's merely called Hideo, and not Kojima? Also, what do we do every time Drew scrolls past "Hideo" in the staff list assuming the situation ever arises? I get that this is completely minor, but we're reaching peak Scanlon tracking now.

It's double Kojima as in the long credits he's credited as the mocap and voice artist for himself.

GrimNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: it should track each appearance. I think that's what Kojima would have wanted. Kojima 3:16

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TanookiSuit

I'm amazed the URL was available and bravo for taking this on. I wonder how many end-mission credit sequences they will skip. My prediction? Probably all of them.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think Kojima productions and logos should count, only when he credits himself as a person. I also dont think it should count when reloading and resuming, it will get more dependent on Drew and not on how many times Kojima credits himself in the game.

10 is a little lower than i expected for the first episode but i can see my prediction of around 100 for the entire game being blown away. Still think 300+ sounds like much but Kojima is not known for the "little is much" approach so this counter can go through the roof for all i know.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By xymox

You're the best.

I'm almost tempted to use this instead of google as my new browser homepage.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xymox: best idea I've read all week thus far.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is amazing duder. Hard data gets me ha..................... Nope backing away from that one.

I think we need the return of the Brad's death button from Breaking Brad Volgar. So Dan can press a button and it makes the Kojima number go up.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@chu52: now that is an idea that @unastrike and @drewbert should be made aware of.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When all this is done I'd love to see the average time between Hideo on the screen.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jeremyspittle: please tell me you have an email server attached to this domain. I need to be able to contact bastardwhale@kojimatracker.com

GrantDaNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing to see the concept realized, because I'm not gonna lie, I truly want to know how many times Kojima's name appears throughout this game. Hope to see what the final tally ends up, I'm estimating 300 easily.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I'm probably guessing low, but I'm gonna say his name appears 250 times

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Cool but when I have read the topic I was thinking its a app that tracks Kojima so we can now where he is 24/7

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Dan could accomplish with the power he wields

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chu52 said:

@jeremyspittle: please tell me you have an email server attached to this domain. I need to be able to contact bastardwhale@kojimatracker.com

Oh man that'd be the best email domain, I kinda want this too.

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Work!

Below I've listed some suggestions that could perhaps make your life easier.

tl;dr; Go to ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1imXKEyXMDCbZfy7ZpT_N_bEcjLZB_Ta2gXL9yoGUSS8/edit?usp=sharing ) to view a sheet that implements all of the suggested changes. It's read only but you can copy and paste from it.

Suggestions:

1. When creating a new row copy and paste from the last row in order to preserve formulas and formating.

2. Create a cell that automatically tracks the current count. You can do this with the following formula assuming the first Kojima Number is in cell A7:

=MAX(A7:A)

3. Set the Kojima number to autoincrement. Start by manually entering the number 1 into A7 then in A8 use the following formula:

=A7+1

4. Store time values as durations. Time values have a bunch of quirks and are best left to Google Sheets to manage. Not only does Google Sheets take care of the hard stuff it also allows you the user to easily compute things like averages and sums for durations using formulas. If need be, you can show duration values in terms of seconds (see suggestion 5). To use durations select cell C7 then select the menu option Format > Number > Duration. To enter time values use type them in the following way: hours:minutes:seconds. For example, 0:04:55 .

5. To display durations as seconds use a formula coupled with a custom date format. In cell D7 enter the following formula:

=C7

Then create a custom format by selecting cell D7 then selecting the menu Format > Number > More Formats > More Data And Time Formats. A dialog titled Custom date and time formats should appear. Delete all of the items in the dialog's textbox by clicking each one and then selecting delete from the menu that appears. After all of the items have been removed click the drop-down icon on the right of the textbox. A menu should appear. From this menu under the duration column select Elapsed seconds. Finally click the Apply button.

6. Spreadsheets work best when only one peace if information is stored per cell. I suggest you break out the description (e.g. Fox Logo) of the Kojima mention into it's own column separate from the type (e.g. OC).

---

(7.) This is not really a suggestion and it not advisable that you do it but if you insist on storing time values in seconds you can convert them to durations using the following hack:

=TIMEVALUE(CONCATENATE("0:0:",C7)) then format the cell as duration.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

JeremySpittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JeremySpittle

@paulwgraham said:

Great Work!

Below I've listed some suggestions that could perhaps make your life easier.

tl;dr; Go to ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1imXKEyXMDCbZfy7ZpT_N_bEcjLZB_Ta2gXL9yoGUSS8/edit?usp=sharing ) to view a sheet that implements all of the suggested changes. It's read only but you can copy and paste from it.

Suggestions:

1. When creating a new row copy and paste from the last row in order to preserve formulas and formating.

2. Create a cell that automatically tracks the current count. You can do this with the following formula assuming the first Kojima Number is in cell A7:

=MAX(A7:A)

3. Set the Kojima number to autoincrement. Start by manually entering the number 1 into A7 then in A8 use the following formula:

=A7+1

4. Store time values as durations. Time values have a bunch of quirks and are best left to Google Sheets to manage. Not only does Google Sheets take care of the hard stuff it also allows you the user to easily compute things like averages and sums for durations using formulas. If need be, you can show duration values in terms of seconds (see suggestion 5). To use durations select cell C7 then select the menu option Format > Number > Duration. To enter time values use type them in the following way: hours:minutes:seconds. For example, 0:04:55 .

5. To display durations as seconds use a formula coupled with a custom date format. In cell D7 enter the following formula:

=C7

Then create a custom format by selecting cell D7 then selecting the menu Format > Number > More Formats > More Data And Time Formats. A dialog titled Custom date and time formats should appear. Delete all of the items in the dialog's textbox by clicking each one and then selecting delete from the menu that appears. After all of the items have been removed click the drop-down icon on the right of the textbox. A menu should appear. From this menu under the duration column select Elapsed seconds. Finally click the Apply button.

6. Spreadsheets work best when only one peace if information is stored per cell. I suggest you break out the description (e.g. Fox Logo) of the Kojima mention into it's own column separate from the type (e.g. OC).

---

(7.) This is not really a suggestion and it not advisable that you do it but if you insist on storing time values in seconds you can convert them to durations using the following hack:

=TIMEVALUE(CONCATENATE("0:0:",C7)) then format the cell as duration.

Wow, thanks for all that!

So funny enough, I'm already doing this in a spreadsheet which has most of that anyway, link here. The main differences are:

-The mention type is part of the description. You're right it looks neater, but you can definitely search for cells containing OC, etc for how it is now. I actually like my solution of counting all entries in the column below the header for the total kojimas, I thought I was pretty clever!

- The time display thing.

I wanted to thank everybody for the suggestions. I can't say too much right now, but trust me when I say that we're working on making this a lot better! More news soon!

Oh yeah, one more thing: HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!!!

No Caption Provided

Camurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Camurai

Thank you for this! I actually looked up purchasing the domain when I heard him say it, but felt I wouldn't give it the effort it deserved.
Glad someone will!

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I'm amazed the URL was available and bravo for taking this on. I wonder how many end-mission credit sequences they will skip. My prediction? Probably all of them.

I don't know why people complain about the mission end credits so much. They're done in 10-15 seconds; there's loading sequences that last longer. I like to watch and try to catch the name of the Level Designer for each mission.

Speaking of which, can we track the Level Designer(s) for each mission, too? I want to see if there's any noticeable patterns in how different designers make their Missions.