• 58 results
xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@meltac said:

Is Snake (is it Snake? Never played any of the games.) mute? It felt sort of weird with that other guy having a whole monologue.

Snake's dialogue is mostly ellipses, "Huh", "Hmm", and repeating whatever is said to him as a question.

Anyway, good to see the Smoking-To-Pass-Time tech from Deadly Premonition is being used again.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man

i am shaking from the hype

@kevin_cogneto said:

@thehumandove said:

@kevin_cogneto said:

I don't care about Hideo Kojima. I don't care about Keifer Sutherland or David Hayter. I don't care about Metal Gear's story, lore or characters. I don't care about the cardboard box. I don't care what decade the game is set in, or which character I'm controlling.

All I want is the opportunity to be a rad commando guy meticulously infiltrating a rad fortress. Pretty please, Metal Gear games? Can you please be the thing that I liked about you again?

But...its always been that.

Metal Gear Solid 4 certainly wasn't. Neither is MGS5, by all indications.

MGS1 gave you the singular goal of infiltrating Shadow Moses, and then guess what, you went and you did it. That's the whole game. To a lesser degree, this is true of MGS3 as well. The feeling of spending the length of an entire game sneaking into a single impenetrable fortress, doing a thing, and then escaping, that's so enormously satisfying to me. That's literally all I want from Metal Gear.

What I don't want is to be bounced around from mission to mission MGS4-style, doing things I don't care about alongside characters I don't care about in between hour-long cutscenes. Metal Gear games used to be so satisfyingly focused. Now we're building oil derricks or whatever. Who is clamoring for base building in a Metal Gear game? I genuinely don't understand it.

The words of someone that clearly did not play Peace Walker.

Yeah, the one thing I wish Peace Walker had but doesn't (not counting bigger levels due to the limitations of the PSP) was the ability to walk around Mother Base, and now that that's a thing, I'm SO HYPEED!

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Meltac

@xite: Ah, okay. Now that I think of it, there's been the whole drama about David Hayter being replaced by Sutherland, so I should've known he isn't mute, but it really seemed that way judging by the video.

Anyhow, the game looks intriguing (and is very good looking), but I'm almost scared off by all the backstory. If I were to play it, I would try my best to complete most of the earlier games and I just don't have that time right now. Ah well, maybe in a couple of years.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more vagina bombs I hope...Please.

Yeah, this game looks fun. Ground zeros was just disturbing to me, didn't feel like metal gear at all.

And hopefully snake/boss actually speaks more than 3 words at a time in this one.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@nodima said:

If they're going for looser gameplay I have to imagine Kojima realizes he needs to truncate himself a little bit.

hehe... good one.

You know, I was skeptical. It just seemed like they're doing too much, and I wasn't entirely sold on Peace Walker concepts being blow up like this. But this just gives you so many options that somehow seem to work together. Almost getting a Mark of the Ninja level of empowerment here.

Visiting your base will go a long way in making me care about base building, and having people infiltrate just has to lead to a Solid Snake appearance at some point.

Can't wait, even if the story is still my main reason for excitement.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Seppli

Looks amazing. Finally a Metal Gear game I can again be excited about.

P.S. That 30 minute demo went by in what felt like 5 minutes. Good omen.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ruiner said:

No more vagina bombs I hope...Please.

Yeah, this game looks fun. Ground zeros was just disturbing to me, didn't feel like metal gear at all.

And hopefully snake/boss actually speaks more than 3 words at a time in this one.

I agree as well. I'm a bit worried so far though - the stuff they've said and shown about Phantom Pain's story seems like it's going to be very revenge-focused (with a lot of torture, massacres, and amputations driving the plot), and if Kojima approaches that stuff the way he did in Ground Zeros while also putting it in the same game that lets you Fulton Recover a sheep-- it's going to be a disaster.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Sackmanjones

@iigrayfoxii: oh god damn it it hope the multiplayer is this. In fact if it's not I am personally going to write you a distasteful letter because of how perfect that sounds and now you got me all excited for it. Better be right!!

But overall I the game looks awesome, can't wait when it comes out in 2085