Unfortunately, the roster has been confirmed (what?)

• 79 results
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Only saw the Briggs family trailer, but Jax's daughter might be their replacement for the robots (I saw missiles)

Erron Black looks awesome, and Mileena looks great in this game. Can't wait for it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#52  Edited By jacksukeru

What? No Rain?

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think my only issue with the roster is that most of the new earthrealm characters don't actually feel different enough to warrant their inclusion. Kung Jin is pretty good, but that's because he's the one that seems the least like his relative (Kung Lao). Looking at the variations all together, I feel like Cassie's moves could have been split between Sonya and Johnny to make them more interesting, and the same goes for Jacqui and Jax, and Takeda and Scorpion. Personality wise and visually, they're all boring and really don't stand out. The new outworld characters, by contrast, all seem way more unique, and don't feel like they could have just been variations of other characters. They're easily the best new characters since MK3.

Apart from that, the roster looks pretty great over all. Some of the individual character variations are lackluster, but that's not a big deal. The DLC characters seem pretty good too. Tremor promises at least be a different type of ninja overall, and the two guest characters are pretty great. I'm not too excited about Tanya, since she's just sort of boring, like most of the new characters from MK4 on. A ninja lady that shoots fireballs isn't the most original concept.

Also, I'm calling it early, Takeda is going to be super popular online. His standard moveset seems like the most versatile in the whole game, and I can see a lot of people having trouble figuring out how to deal with him.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

@solh0und said:

Let's all agree that this roster is much better than the ones farted out Post-UMK3

I'm finding it difficult to agree with this. Stuff like Ferra/Torr and the multiple child characters *almost* make me long for the days of Kobra and Frost.

Also, no Shang Tsung really sucks.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Dont worry everyone I am sure they will be willing to sell you those characters at a later date. They probably left them out for balancing reasons, there were already way to many teleport characters in 9

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to get this but not sure how dedicated i can get to a new fighting game (though ive quite liked me some non-Mario Kart MK in the past). Also if i do i would like it on steam but im afraid the player base will be lacking.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like the idea of Jason, he is always super slow in the movies so seeing him pulling of combos is going to feel a bit out of place. Predator is good, and Freddy fit in well last game, but Jason seems odd.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zombie2011: they made Jason fast instead of lumbering in the most recent reboot, and since they used the reboot Freddy you can go by the logic that they're using the reboot Jason as well.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought about picking this up for a fighting game fix but now I think I'll just wait it out until Tekken 7 comes out.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I guess it doesn't really bother me, as I expected the characters that got slaughtered in MK9 to not be in this one, which seems to be the case for the most part. Curious to see the new characters.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO SMOKE, NO SALE

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like Predator is taking Cyrax and Sektor's spot, sadly. Missing Smoke and Noob is a little disheartening as well. It seems really just those 4 characters is all that is needed to make the roster perfect. I don't really get having the whole "family" thing in the game, as they probably wasted some spots, but we'll have to wait and see.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Welp. Time to learn some of these new characters.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The only characters I miss are Noob mostly and Smoke to a lesser degree. Looking good though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I just came in here to say that I'm not really into the character select screen... annnnd now I will let myself out.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a big fan of Mustard and Ketchup this roster is kind of disappointing. I know they cant throw everybody in there or make every one happy. But for me personally the lack of the cyber ninjas is a bit on the lame side of things.

Would have loved Night Wolf, Noob and Smoke in there too. Oh and Baraka.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I just came in here to say that I'm not really into the character select screen... annnnd now I will let myself out.

The portraits are super boring looking.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meierthered: on the bright side, this now means that I have more time to play Bloodborne. But man am I ever disappointed. I don't think I've been this let down by an announcement since the shuttering of Irrational (RIP)

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JJBSterling

Holy crap I had no idea this game was coming out this month. Feels like it was just announced.

I haven't been paying much attention to the pre-release announcements and such but I really liked playing MK9 even though I never had the chops to compete online.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AcidBrandon18

What? No MoKap?

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think people got to learn to lice Subzero. Then you'll never be disappointed

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know...the roster seems really robust. I think a breath of new characters that look functional & fun is a lot more worthwhile than constantly re-created classic characters.

That's obviously just my opinion, though.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand that people can be bummed that their favs didn't make it in. But I'm honestly pretty into this roster. Some of the kombat kids look bland, but Cassie seems awesome! I'm looking forward to this. I guess it's strange there are NO robots, but maybe that means there will be a robot pack?

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid: but that just means that, theoretically, one is paying 60$ + whatever they charge for the presumed robot pack.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@conker said:

@koolaid: but that just means that, theoretically, one is paying 60$ + whatever they charge for the presumed robot pack.

That's par for the course with video games (especially fighting games) in 2015. There isn't a single major publisher that's going to pass up on charging money for extra fighters, costumes, and/or terrible game-breaking gems.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one like the roster, MK 9 was great because it was a return to classic MK and had everyone you wanted. If they did the same thing in MKX they would be treading on tired ground. Most of the new characters look really cool and they get to do interesting stuff with the story. Sure the robots ,smoke, Nood, ect would have been nice to have but oh well.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conker said:

Sure that's true and another reason to be bummed if you are into robots. But there ARE 24 characters and they have 3 modes + lots of fatalities, dialogue and stuff, so I definitely feel there is a lot of value in the game already and I would feel justified paying more for new characters.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Darrius? :(

bjacks27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By bjacks27

Even though it isn't small, this roster feels super small because it has a huge number of characters that I have absolutely no interest in. I will concede that I could easily change my mind about that, but this game has "wait for the ultimate edition" written all over it.