Have you already/ Will you pre order No Man's Sky?

• 72 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Have you already/ Will you pre order No Man's Sky? (470 votes)

Yes, I have pre-ordered the PS4 version already. 5%
Yes I plan to pre-order the PS4 version. 7%
Yes I have pre-ordered the Steam/GOG version. 2%
Yes I plan to pre-order the Steam/GOG version. 5%
No, I'm not going to pre-order. 16%
I'm not interested in the game at all. 6%
I will wait for reviews/ a QL before deciding to buy. 24%
NEVER PRE-ORDER VIDEO GAMES YOU FOOLS. 30%
Show the poll results. 4%

Figured I would put up a poll to gauge interest in the game after todays news/ announcement of price and opening up of pre-orders. I personally have already pre-ordered the digital version on PSN.

• 
Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

Once there's a hard date, PC is king

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't been impressed from what Brad wrote in the article. If what comes out turns out to be super interesting I'll just pick it up then. Until then I have no reason to go for a pre-order.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for reviews before I make a purchase decision but right now there's a good chance I'll pick this up on PS4 after it comes out. I was extremely skeptical for quite some time but I'm coming around to thinking this will work out.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the price point was lower I would consider pre-ordering one of those physical editions which are enticing.

All of these previews including Brad's are the result of 30 minutes of game time. For a game asking $60 USD I want to know what I will be doing 10, 20, 30 hours in. What is the end game and what is the replay value? I will wait for reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ship CE version if I only had the spare cash!

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It amazes me that this jumped into the top sellers instantly on steam, just handing money over for three months with no chance of losing out if you wait.

I'll probably order physical on Amazon a few days before, or just walk into a shop on the Friday

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder
Those who cannot remember the past
Those who cannot remember the past
are condemned to repeat it.
are condemned to repeat it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RonGalaxy

I might preordered if best buy has a "preorder and get a $10 credit" thing. If not, then no. I'll be buying it day 1 unless reviews for it are catastrophic, but not preordering it because there's no point.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: @wlleiotl: the game is obviously going to be amazing so why wait?

But really nms will likely be the only game I buy this year. Unless gran turismo sport actually comes out.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I will wait well into the release before I decide. I hope the game will be awesome and more bananas than anyone could ever dream of. But there's something Molyneux-esque hanging over this game. Does the promise of a billion different randomized planets matter after 2-4 weeks of play when the initial giddiness has settled? Will it deteriorate to speeding between planets to min/max your effectiveness on rare resource gathering. Running past thousands of impossible creatures and plants strung together with parts you've seen a thousand times before.

That said, Hello Games seems to be a bunch of pretty smart guys and probably fully aware of all the risks. I'm sure the game will be fun as hell.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If at first you don't succeed,
If at first you don't succeed,
try, try again.
try, try again.

Fixed that for ya.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Already preordered the limited edition for PS4. I'm all in. Let's do this.

edit: Turns out Grand Kingdom comes out the same day and SMT x FE comes out Friday that same week. There's no feasible way for me to juggle two big ass jrpgs and this at the same time. I cancelled my preorder for No Man's Sky.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By selbie

The survival aspects might make it worthwhile playing, but it doesn't make it worth a pre-order. There have to be some highly unique bonuses for doing so, but this one looks pretty tame.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Nope, I still think the game will get boring quickly. They just haven't shown that there is anything to it, except just flying around and exploring. And sure that is fine, but I am convinced it will all feel very samey, which always happens with procedural stuff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

I know there are only 76 votes so far, but I wonder why the PS4 preorder numbers are so much higher than the PC version given that the other poll running shows more people are intending to get the game on PC? It's the same game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@mike: Perhaps the people who are preordering are interested in getting the PS4 limited edition thing (that isn't available for PC, right?). People that are planning on getting the PC version might be waiting until later to pick up the game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they are getting the game but not pre ordering so they voted waiting for ql or don't pre order fools.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

F and H

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

I will buy the game day one on PC, but I will not preorder unless I can get a discount and even then will only do it a day or so ahead of release.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preordering is folley. I will wait for reviews and then decide to purchase the game or not.

I'll get it on PS4 if I do.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bane

I'm very intrigued by this game, but I think I'll wait for a Quick Look before making a final decision.

It'll be PC for me since I don't have a PS4.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job making 'Preorder you fool!' Number one.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have to admit, I did pre-order it yesterday on steam, only because I had some steam bux from selling CS items laying around. I've pretty much stopped pre-ordering stuff (unless there's a reeeeeally good deal on GMG or something), especially on PC because fuck paying full price for anything.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm going to wait and see. I'm definitely still very interested in the game, but I want to hear a little more about how the experience holds up long-term first. I'm not against pre-ordering in certain situations (I do it when I'm already convinced I want a product either if it means delivery on release day or if I get a slight discount for it), but I really liked Alex's point on today's Beastcast that some people forget that if they're unsure they can just wait for a couple of days post-launch and see what the response is like.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hell yeah. Pre ordering it for the PS4 next week. To infinity and beyond.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ry_Ry

I'm hyped for this game, but I'm not sold yet for day 1.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I will probably buy it whenever the PS4 pre-install goes live, but that's more of a general purchasing habit for games I'm interested in these days than a question of whether I'm pre-ordering the game or not. I don't consider that a pre-order, although Sony / the publisher / the developer does.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've decided to stop preoredering games so I'm not gonna do that, but depending on how this does It may be a week one purchase for me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By emfromthesea

I'll wait until word about the PC port surfaces before deciding to buy. Don't want to be burned like I was on Arkham Knight.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

I know there are only 76 votes so far, but I wonder why the PS4 preorder numbers are so much higher than the PC version given that the other poll running shows more people are intending to get the game on PC? It's the same game.

Maybe it's indicative of who is actually willing to pay $60 for a game at launch.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting to see if its bundled with Playstation VR so I don't end up with two copies.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Driadon

If I want to preorder a game these days, I just do it a day or two before launch, still get all the bonus shit, and the company really doesn't get my money a whole lot sooner. The concept of preordering months, or even weeks, ahead of schedule is folly in this digital age.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I was just gonna walk into a store and buy the PS4 version, but I guess I do want the Special Edition. Must I pre-order that?

@mike: Perhaps the people who are preordering are interested in getting the PS4 limited edition thing (that isn't available for PC, right?). People that are planning on getting the PC version might be waiting until later to pick up the game.

The special edition isn't available for PC, but the collector's edition is vice versa - not available for PS4. That said, only 10,000 people can pre-order that one... looks cool though.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By ProfessorEss

I dunno.

I always play on multiple platforms but I rarely impulse buy on more than one. Last year (or the year before, or the year before that) this very likely would've been a Steam impulse buy, but XBox One is my impulse buy platform of 2016 so I highly doubt I will end up getting it any time soon.

I started with "I dunno" because despite this being my standard consuming pattern, survival games really speak to me. If they can tap into enough Minecraft/Terraria/Don't Starve anything could happen, at any price. But on the other side of the coin, I still have my worries that this is more of a galactic Gone Home.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mike said:

Maybe it's indicative of who is actually willing to pay $60 for a game at launch.

Or simply indicative of what makes up the majority of this specific community.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, gonna wait for reviews, also never preorder games (unless you're really sure and know that you'll have no regrets)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:
@mike said:

Or simply indicative of what makes up the majority of this specific community.

Looking at a bunch of previous polls I can say with certainty people frequenting this forum mostly play stuff on PC which is not consistent with this poll about paying $60 in advance for a game. Hence my previous comment.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read and seen, this could potentially be my favorite survive/discover type game. I remain cautiously optimistic. I'll probably grab it on PC. I'll wait for one of those deals where it's like 25-25% off for the preorder. When they say $60, I know I'll be paying $48 at the most. Otherwise I'll wait til launch or QL to see how it plays. I'm good at determining whether or not I'll enjoy something. I've almost got all the information I need to decide on this. Almost.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Devil240Z

@puchiko said:

I'm waiting to see if its bundled with Playstation VR so I don't end up with two copies.

Its not coming to VR so I wouldn't worry about that.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#42 FinalDasa  Moderator
@puchiko said:

Hello Games seems pretty keen on it. I haven't seen anyone saying it would or wouldn't be on PS VR.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will pre-order the limited edition when it's available.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z said:
@puchiko said:

Hello Games seems pretty keen on it. I haven't seen anyone saying it would or wouldn't be on PS VR.

Sean said something like "VR would be really cool for nms but we are a really small team..." in the interview that went up on kinda funny.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@devil240z: I wouldn't count it out though. From what I had heard the delay to 2016 was caused by the port to PS4 and possible development for PS VR.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The discounts don't happen like they used to. I'm not aiming towards this game in particular, and in fact would be a little suspicious if it had a significant discount, these days. But like others, little inclination to pre-order unless I felt rock solid about it.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting to see if there's a significant difference between the PC and PS4 versions.

chalkcharmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELL NO I am absolutely not going to pre-order.

I want to know what this game is. The write-ups, the interviews - it's all still too little.

For $60, I want to know exactly what the hell I am buying.

BobDobbsJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BobDobbsJR

I pre-ordered this for $30, which is the total I paid for The Witness and Firewatch. So if this isn't exactly like a combination of those two games, I will be very upset.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The only time I pre-order a thing is if there's a decent discount or like a soundtrack or something. So no.