360, PS3 and Hollywood

mahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mahi

I was watching Bride Wars last night *Hangs head in shame* and there is a scene where Kate Hudson is talking to her BF while he's playing a 360 with his friend. Looked like Mass Effect but they were playing split screen.  Just wondering if anybody else notices when characters are playing video games in movies, what system their playing on and what game.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KillaMaStA

I always notice, but ive only seen playstations. The PSP seems to be in alot of movies.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I usually notice, but it's almost always Halo 2 or 3 being played.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10

In Charlie Bartlett they play Killzone, the first one on ps2. Also in Role Models they are playing a FIFA game for the Xbox 360 I think.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

Vince Vaungh (sp?) plays some Xbox games on The Breakup, but not 360 or PS3 >_>.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Manatassi

More to the point Every time I see people playing games in Movies they look like morons with some kind of hand spasm problem. 

Oh not to mention the amount of clearly not plugged in or switched off controllers / consoles that people play with completely the wrong sound effects for a modern game or even games that continue playing in the background whilst they arent looking at the screen. 

Begs the question, if they cant make Video Games look convincing or accurate how much of the things I don't know much about are completely wrong?

Same goes for the News :P
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Azteck

In one episode of Scrubbs they were playing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on a 360 and called it Halo. They were talking about how someone was supposed to kill the grunts and whatnot. I feel slightly ashamed that it annoyed me.

Another thing about it I found annoying was that they were playing single player with two controllers.

mahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mahi

I think Chandler plays ps1 in an early episode of Friends, can't remember the game though.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Azteck: Haha, that's what they were playing I didn't know that. That's good old Scrubs for ya.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Azteck
@gingertastic_10

I do love scrubs, and I bet it was a joke to piss off people like me. D:

EDIT: Also, in a show called "How I Met Your Mother" they play both Guitar Hero and the Wii at some points, and they actually put up a believable show. I was amazed!
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ahriman22

I notice them, what I don't like is how they just button mash when there isn't anything going on. What's wrong with really playing a game and acting at the same time?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By StarFoxA

House played Metroid Zero Mission.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

yeah, i notice games when they are in movies. the problem is that sometimes u see the actor just playing around with it but they aren't actually doing what they would do in the screen.

something i hate about video games and casuals is that really the only modern game they know are halo. i've had a lot of people say o  u play halo.... i use to but it seems like a lot of girls ask that.