3rd Annual GBAD Poll Results: "Your Taste Is Bad" Edition

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Edited By DocHaus

Weeks after all the 2014 [X] Of The Year lists have faded from memory, the community has turned their attention to the next shiny thing. Of course, this is the perfect time to finally tally up the somewhat-delayed reveal of the 2014 anime poll among the Giant Bomb Anime Duders who voted. As always, if you're curious about what's good, you'll find us in the Anime/Manga Megathread.

This year, 52 people cast their vote, plus at least 2 troll votes to tell me how much anime is for jerks, so it's a sign this thing is becoming more popular. Maybe one of these days I'll actually implement a better voting system than "read the Google Drive spreadsheet and hope I didn't miss someone's vote while tallying the results" or allowing everyone to vote for an anime that aired this year without regard to if it's an ongoing series.

Then again, I just might be cynical about how the results shook out this year. Stupid me not-rigging the vote so my should would win.

But you didn't come here to watch me grumble, you came here to see the results of the poll. So without further ado...

The Top 10 Anime of 2014, as Voted by You!

Note: Results were tallied by weighted vote where First = 5, Second = 4, Third = 3, Fourth = 2, Fifth = 1. Unweighted vote served as a tiebreaker where needed.

#10: Hunter x Hunter (2011 edition) - 17 points (4 votes)

I know very little about this series other than that it was a great shounen story written by the same mind behind Yu Yu Hakusho with a verrrrrry slow update schedule. So here's a quote from one of our voters.

@shinmaru007 - Its best story arc had many of its best moments this year, and the show also concluded with an interesting arc that unfolded like a game of politics. Great show.

#9: Ping Pong the Animation - 24 points (8 votes)

One of those "artsy" shows that you will either immediately love or leave scratching your head after the first episode. A semi-realistic show about a couple of high schoolers who play ping-pong and the Chinese exchange student looking to regain his own honor, with interesting animation from Masaaki Yuasa.

@hamst3r - Masaaki Yuasa is a god.

@kvel2d - Ping Pong is a breath of fresh air, as it has zero, ZERO stereotypes or anime tropes and at the same times strays away from the common formula both in story and animation.

#8: Aldnoah.Zero - 30 points (9 votes)

A original series that feels like Gundam both in terms of attitude and the giant robots. This one started off with an assassination and ended with more than one bang at least until the pilot episode of season 2 rendered the entire climax moot, as the Earth forces constantly had to find ways to defeat the enemy with lesser firepower at their disposal.

@epidehl - [...]a group of people in the equivalent of GMs from Gundam fighting a bunch of Mazingers was amazing. Also a robot that has six (?) rocket punches and also turns into a giant fist is a win in my book.

#7: Barakamon - 31 points (11 votes)

In the grim drama and gritty darkness of the anime year, Barakamon provided a bright ray of happy sunshine. An introverted young calligrapher in self-exile to a remote island of Japan slowly comes out of his shell and refines his own craft while learning how to deal with little kids and grumpy adults alike. Naru alone makes this show worth watching.

@viciousbearmauling: Pure light-hearted joy. No other show this year was as charming and genuine feeling.

@billymaysrip - Everything else sucked and Barakamon didn't.

#6: Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - 32 points (11 votes)

Just barely edging out Barakamon in the weighted vote category, the remade classic Visual Novel-turned-actual story about Japanese magicians calling upon the spirits of legendary heroes to fight for the Holy Grail. Also, King Arthur was a girl all along.

@slyspider - Fate/Stay has the best animation quality of any anime ever. I'll hold on that statement.

HALFTIME

Thank you for staying with this blog so far. Take a break and stretch your legs.

A day before this post was written up, Russian singer and composer Origa passed away from lung cancer at the age of 44. Though born in Russia, she did a ton of work in Japan and collaborated with the famous Yoko Kanno on some music, including the soundtrack to the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtrack.

Now back to the poll results.

#5: Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun ("Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun") - 40 points (14 votes)

The story of a lovestruck Paras girl who ends up becoming the assistant to a shoujo manga-ka (maker of comics geared towards young girls) who happens to be a stoic guy. Both an homage to the writer's earlier work that got terrible reviews and a parody of the manga industry in general, this show was surprisingly entertaining.

Oh Kashima, some day you'll find your prince.

@viciousbearmauling - Hilarious! A very simple plot carried by it's comedic timing and charm.

@gaspower - Very funny dialogue combined with great use of visual comedy and really likeable characters made this my favorite anime this year.

#4: Parasyte: The Maxim - 42 points (12 votes)

He was an ordinary high school boy. It was an alien parasite that took refuge inside said boy's right arm. Their lives will never be the same. A sci-fi story with tons of body horror and lots of people who don't survive as a boy ends up hunting down various parasite-controlled people. If you can stomach the occasional high-octane bloody action and drama, you will love this show.

No one who voted on this show bothered to defend their choice, so let's move on and hope they don't regret it as the show continues into next year.

#3: Space Dandy - 52 points, 17 votes

How big was the hype for this show? So big that Cartoon Network threw money at the producers to make a second season and air the show on Toonami just before it even premiered in Japan. So big that there was even a commercial on ESPN at one point. So big that the show's titular character even had a shot at becoming the God of all Creation at one point.

If you came into Space Dandy expecting the Second Coming of Cowboy Bebop, you would leave disappointed. Instead, what we got was a show that Watanabe Shinichiro (the Director of Cowboy Bebop) oversaw while a whole slew of talented Japanese animators and writers took turns using Space Dandy to experiment with their own styles. With everything from a phantom ramen stand to an alien library book that erases memories to a literal musical high school, even the "worst" episodes of the show were amazing.

So of course you fuckers didn't vote this show #1. I hope you're happy with your choice.

@shinmaru007 - First half is solid, but the second half consistently hits it out of the park with interesting conceptual episodes involving taking a weird concept to its logical conclusion.

@recspec - Dumb insignificant plot points all come back in the end and tie everything up perfectly.

@jesna - Space Dandy is the only anime this year that features a fully-grown man returning to high-school to sing about how much he loves asses.

#2: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 69 points (18 votes)

Well, you Jojo bros (almost) finally got your wish, as what some consider the "best" story arc of the franchise aired this year and managed to claw it's way high up the list. A franchise that has spanned decades and contains references to all kinds of music from Ronnie James DIIIIIIOOOOOOO! to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The soundtrack is good and the fights are classic shounen style with the characters monologing for minutes in-between attacks, but they ham it up so well.

Plus, the first season got me to listen to ELP's Tarkus concept album, so props to the creator for that.

@viciousbearmauling - Unbelievably faithful recreation of one the most iconic manga out there. Everything thing here is crazy and fun.

@tobbrobb - Old Joseph is amazing.

@epidehl - The first season was what got me back into anime after years of watching nothing, and the second got me to buy the first manga I bought in a long time because holy shit I couldn't wait a year to finish arc 3.

And now, the anime you've all been waiting for and @zombiepie's favorite though he will deny it to (your) death, the back-to-back champion of the Giant Bomb Anime Poll For Duders!

#1: Sonic Adventure 2 The Anime, a.k.a. Kill la Kill - 106 points (29 votes)

Unlike last year where it just squeaked out a victory over Attack on Titan, the second season apparently cemented a place of honor in what the GBAD consider to be a "good" show. Either that or enough trolls got together to push this show over the edge.

The biggest show from Studio Trigger, here to "save anime," might have run low on budget and story as it ran through the second season and some of the fights were reduced to a looping .gif of two swords swiping through the air...but to Kill La Kill's credit, the show rode its crazy-ass premise of alien clothes conquering humanity all the way to the end.

For those of you who missed the show or wanted to wait for a translated version, you're in luck: the show has been confirmed to be coming to Toonami this February. It is unknown how much censoring will be needed for Cartoon Network's lawyers to deem it acceptable for the FCC, but at least this gives me a faint hope that they'll find a way to air Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt at some point in the future (no they won't).

@jthomeslice - Jojo's and Kill la Kill are exactly what anime action shows should be. Insane and over the top with endearing characters that pull the most ridiculous bullshit out of their asses and it working. Incredible rides all the way through.

@billymaysrip - I like boobs, Trigger, and dumb stuff. Kill la Kill has all of those, wrapped up in one. The soundtrack is killer, the art is dope, and the plot's ability to hype is unparalleled.

@hoshinosenshi - Over the top and insane, but still somehow able to make a legit plot from the tangles of whatever drugs were taken at the time.

@splodge - Anime is dying [...] fuck clothes.

@zombiepie - All of you that are voting for Kill la Kill...this is how communism wins. A vote for Kill la Kill is a vote for Stalin.

@ajayraz - I got over Kill la Kill. I did not get over Satsuki Kiryuin, though.

You guys are jerks.

Thank you all for reading this all the way to the end. Looking forward to 2015, where at least it'll be impossible for Kill la Kill to win again even by my lax polling standards. As always, feel free to tell me how right I am, defend your choices, bitch about the ones that didn't win, or whatever you want in the comments below.

Quotes were either taken from the poll or my forum thread about the poll itself. They are authentic as of January 18, 2015

Bonus Features:

Final Vote Counts, in Alphabetical Order

NameUnTotalWTotal
Ace of the Diamond28
Akame ga Kill!38
Aldnoah.Zero930
Amagi Brilliant Park15
Baby Steps12
Barakamon1131
Blue Spring Ride14
Buddy Complex14
Chaika49
Chuu-2 Koi! S211
Encouragement of Climb 215
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!12
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works1132
Free! Eternal Summer13
Golden Time11
Gugure! Kokkuri-san13
Gundam Build Fighters25
Gundam Reconguista in G14
Haikyuu!!12
Hajime No Ippo: Rising25
Hanamonogatari310
Happiness Charge Precure11
Hi-sCool! Seha Girls25
Hunter x Hunter417
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying11
Isshuukan Friends14
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders1869
Kill La KIll29106
Knights of Sidonia416
Legend of Korra12
Locodol12
Log Horizon512
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season27
Mahouka37
Majimoji Rurumo12
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei11
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun1440
Mushishi48
Naruto Shippuden14
Nisekoi15
No Game No Life716
Nobunaga Concerto11
Noragami13
Parasyte: The Maxim1242
Persona 4 The Golden Animation310
Ping Pong The Animation824
Psycho-Pass New Edit27
Psycho-Pass S2516
RAIL WARS!13
Sailor Moon Crystal14
Samurai Flamenco515
Selector Infected WIXOSS11
Shingeki no Bahamut27
Silver Spoon 228
Space Dandy1752
Sword Art Online II410
Terror in Resonance14
Tokyo Ghoul39
Tonari No Seki-Kun28
Tribe Cool Crew11
Witch Craft Works25
Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil11
Your Lie In April24
Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V15
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru14
Zvezda13

Also, as a fun little experiment, I added an optional question to the ballot of "Your waifu (or huzbando) is...?" Here were the answers of those that chose to respond.

• Aikuro Misusugi. Yes I'm a guy, and yes, I'm straight. I stand by my choice

• Alluka

• Chie Satonaka

• Chie Satonaka!

• Chiyo Sakura

• Chiyo Sakura

• Coffee Maker (From episode 13 of Space Dandy)

• Diane (The Seven Deadly Sins)

• Elsie from Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

• Homura Akemi

• Kawakami Norifumi

• Kiryuuin Satsuki

• Mako Mankanshoku

• Marie (Persona 4 Golden)

• Mitsuru-senpai

• nico robin

• Nonon Jakuzure

• Old Man Joseph

• Rin Tōsaka from Fate/stay

• Ryuko Matoi

• Ryuko Matoi

• Saber or Jotaro

• SAMURAI FLAMENCO

• Secret

• Shiba Tatsuya

• Shinobu

• SHIT!

• Shun Kurosaki

• Sinon (Asada Shino)

• Takane Shijou

• Tanpopo Kuraishi

• Terezi Pyrope

• SATSUKI-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The 4 best girls from Kill la Kill and Joseph Jostar

• waifus are stupid.

• Yuu Kashima

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Oh hey, somebody flipped the list upside down. Weird.

I kid, I kid. I can't say that the list really surprises me, except that I wasn't expecting to see Hunter x Hunter on the list, so that's cool, I guess.

P.S. That Zombiepie quote is pretty fantastic.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

JJBA was robbed. Though I will say that I actually preferred Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency (mostly BT) to Stardust Crusaders.

Jotaro is not a particularly compelling protagonist. He doesn't have any real struggle. Both Jonathan and Joseph had to hone their skills to defeat an incredibly powerful foe that has beaten them repeatedly and taken away people they loved personally. Jotaro never loses and doesn't have any personal beef with Dio.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hassun

A day before this post was written up, Russian singer and composer Origa passed away from lung cancer at the age of 44.

Holy shit. I mean I was going to (jokingly) talk about how sad this list was but now I'm actually sad. Dying of lung cancer at 44... Damn.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wooooo!!!! My shows totally got on there!

Well, 4 of them. 3 quotes too!

Let's bust out the congratulatory champagne. @zombiepie, maybe you should drink up a little extra, since your all time favorite show won!!!

Jesna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I stand by my Space Dandy quote. That show is the perfect mixture of insanity and high quality animation.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duders have spoken!

The lack of Silver Spoon on this list is a fucking travesty, however.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By MEATBALL

Space Dandy looks fucking awesome.

Kill La Kill salt makes me laugh.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I watched one episode of Kill La Kill and decided that it wasn't for me. But I didn't vote or even watch any 2014 anime so I can't get too salty.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Way to vote for garbage!

Also you are all going to the Gulags for this!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By recroulette
No Caption Provided

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im still upset for not remembering No Game No Life came out last year and not voting for it. Glad Kill la Kill was number on again, Giantbomb's Anime of the Year 2 years running, can it get to 3?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Daveyo520

I think the true winner is all of us. Also Kill la Kill because it is great. Nozaki-kun should have been second.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough community activities end with the organizer calling the participants jerks. Good stuff.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10:

Loading Video...

@recspec said:
No Caption Provided

me irl

Everyone: check the OP, final tallies for all the shows with bonus waifu list at the bottom.

I know there are some grammatically incorrect bits in the original post. I'll get around to changing those at some point if I feel like it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@htr10 said:

Not enough community activities end with the organizer calling the participants jerks. Good stuff.

I'm completely out of the loop on modern anime, but I'm a really big fan of how the organizer of this community poll is incredibly salty over the thing that got number one on the list. That's just great comedy, folks.

Also, I love how we've reached a point in gaming/anime culture that comparing anything to Sonic Adventure 2 is the gravest of insults.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#16 sgtsphynx  Moderator

A day before this post was written up, Russian singer and composer Origa passed away from lung cancer at the age of 44.

What? That sucks. I may not have ever listened to her other stuff, but Rise and Inner Universe are two of my favorite songs.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DocHaus

@bisonhero: You call it an insult, I call it an homage. It's like you didn't even reach the point where you could compare Shadow the Hedgehog's backstory to that of Ryuko Matoi.

I thought Kill la Kill had its charm, I just didn't think it deserved #1, but the people have spoken, so onward to the next year.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: Dammit...I was supposed to give either my number one or two vote to Gin no Saji. I was under the impression that it came out in 2013 and I totally forgot that the second cour aired in 2014. REGRETS!!!!!

By the way, I was pleasantly surprised that my quote for Nozaki-kun got on there. Thanks, Doc! :D

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus said:

@bisonhero: You call it an insult, I call it an homage. It's like you didn't even reach the point where you could compare Shadow the Hedgehog's backstory to that of Ryuko Matoi.

Oh, I reached that point, and further, and I'm glad I stuck around long enough for that video to point out how sugoi Robotnik's moustache is. So true.

Having literally no idea what Kill la Kill is actually about, it's really hard for me to parse how much of that video is oversimplifying the show's mythology, because boy do Life Fibers sound silly. All I can firmly say I understand about Kill la Kill is: underboob.

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: All but two votes for Silver Spoon. AND WIZARD BARRISTERS GOT A VOTE? Is this real life?

Also, no Mamiko Mikorin on waifu list is a huge disappointment.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GaspoweR

@dochaus: I didn't give a vote for Kill La Kill but the show will forever be remembered by me for this single moment:

Never forget...Schoolgirl Xenomorph Mako

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GaspoweR

@zomgfruitbunnies said:

@gaspower: All but two votes for Silver Spoon. AND WIZARD BARRISTERS GOT A VOTE? Is this real life?

Also, no Mamiko Mikorin on waifu list is a huge disappointment.

Don't remind me. ;_;

Also WHAT?!? How could no one else have voted for best waifu of 2014, Mikorin? I used my one vote for Chiyo coz the POLKA DOTS MADE ME DO IT. Its okay, best husbando Kashima is on the list though.

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Shows that come out early in the year are forever at an disadvantage. :_;

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

@dochaus: I didn't give a vote for Kill La Kill but the show will forever be remembered by me for this single moment:

Mako is one of my least favorite characters in the entire series. Matoi is my clear number one.

It's always a sign of quality when your protagonist is your worst character.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's always a sign of quality when your protagonist is your worst character.

Do go on if you please.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still stand by my comment. Come at me. Yeah this list seems good. No game No life shoulda prob been on here but hey, fate/stay made it so I'm good.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GaspoweR

@zombiepie: WOAH WOAH did you get it jumbled up and what you really meant to say was Mako (the sidekick) was your number one and Matoi Ryuuko (she's the protagonist) as your least favorite? I'm confused.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still stand by my comment. Come at me. Yeah this list seems good. No game No life shoulda prob been on here but hey, fate/stay made it so I'm good.

Least favorite Kill la Kill characters:

1. Ryuko Matoi
  2. Nui Harime
  3. Ragyo Kiryuin
  4. Mako Mankanshoku
  5. Nonon Jakuzure
Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I guess two of the five anime I voted for getting on isn't so bad. That's what I get for voting for weird stuff (Samurai Flamenco, Zvezda) or stuff for kids that nobody watches (Gundam Build Fighters). At least I helped get Hunter x Hunter onto the list.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Dang, JoJo almost had it in the bag. I did not care much for Kill La Kill therefore it never made it to my personal favorites. The only rationale I could come up with it taking the top spot over JoJo is that JJBA is for all intents and purposes a 90's cartoon whereas KLK is extremely post modern in origin and execution. I can see why people find KLK appealing but it just never clicked with me and I actually adore Gurren Lagan. It just seems like a show more catered to millennials than to someone like me. Those damn millennials... Regardless of my feelings over the number one spot and thinking that Nozaki is better than Parasyte, this list looks fairly appropriate for anime in 2014. This year we should include a western cartoon category since I could totally list five from last year that I really liked.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daveyo520

@zombiepie said:

Least favorite Kill la Kill characters:

1. Ryuko Matoi

You are insane. Literally insane.

Also I am glad someone else voted for Love Live! besides myself.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm glad Ping Pong made the list. It's such a cool-looking show.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

JOJO WAS ROBBED! SCREW DEMOCRACY!

Also can we retroactively remove Aldnoah Zero for ruining it's credibility and destroying it's own ending?

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

This was a great read. Thanks, @dochaus, the real waifu is you.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ain't no love for the farm anime. My other two votes made it on back-to-back, though. That's neat, I guess.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Ping Pong made the list. It's such a cool-looking show.

Me, too. I didn't vote for Ping Pong but I'm glad a lot of people voted for it and its getting some recognition.

@redyoshi said:

Ain't no love for the farm anime.

It's okay, it's okay. You're not the only one who loves Silver Spoon. I just forgot to give one of my votes for it. ;_;

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh shit, I forgot to vote! It's like the real thing! The democracy thing I mean, not the voting for anime thing. That's not real. Yet.

Anyhow- I would've voted for Dandy to win. So I'm good. And so's this list. Nothin' against Kill la Kill- the action is ridiculous and it one-ups itself again and again- until the very end of the show. And I'm okay with that.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another fun fact: if the Psycho-Pass voters agreed on which version they wanted, that version would've gotten into 10th place easily (maybe even 9th if they could find one more voter).

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Crembaw

SUCK IT NERDS, THE RIGHTFUL QUEENS/KINGS ON THE THRONES.

@corevi It really gets better during the Egypt arc. It might not redeem part 3 for you, but DIO's World is still one of my favorite arcs in the entire eight parts of JJBA.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Corevi

@crembaw: I've read it and I agree, Dio's World is fantastic, but of the 4 parts I've read/watched so far Stardust is my least favourite (would be tied with Phantom Blood if that wasn't my intro to the series). For some reason I have a hunch that'll change when I get around to reading Vento Aureo though.

It may sound like I'm super down on Part 3 but I'm not. It's still really good, just not as good as the rest.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Way to vote for garbage!

Also you are all going to the Gulags for this!

^^^^^^ 100%

I didn't even watch a ton of animu that came out last year and I can confirm you are all monsters. WHERE IS SAMURAI FLAMENCO.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My 5 were Kill la Kill, SAO2, Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, and Chuunibyou Season 2.

Only 2 of my top 5 made the list, but I would have easily placed Jojo, Aldnoah, and Fate/Stay Night on my list as well. They were all super close to being on my list, but how was I the only one to vote for Chuunibyou? What about Rikka?

Loading Video...

SigmaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one other person voted for Love Live and everybody who didn't is a bad person.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Daveyo520
SigmaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SigmaCloud
Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus said:

Another fun fact: if the Psycho-Pass voters agreed on which version they wanted, that version would've gotten into 10th place easily (maybe even 9th if they could find one more voter).

It's a good thing they didn't, because Psycho-Pass 2 is fucking terrible.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Interesting results! I see we have more slice of life and sports preference here than AV. I wasn't surprised on the number one result since it was very hyped show and a lot of people were telling folks to vote for it or not. A bit of reverse psychology from ZombiePie helped it a lot. Space Dandy has more love here, too.

Awesome job, DocHaus!