Advice on job surfing?

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

The situation i am in is a rather difficult one. I have a car of my own atleast,but the county i am in has lackluster job selection. I'm very tired of working at restaurants. i have car insurance to pay but rent to pay on top of that, i feel like i am constantly being milked and Just feel stuck. Even worse, the job i am at now may close down permanently. i've never been fired at any of my jobs Ever and i am always early for work. I'm just tired of not getting any hours. The local walmart is about to leave to open a new supercenter in a different town which means this town is going to die, because that is what kept this town in check. I really don't want to work at a temp job, i would rather actually Stay at a job. i don't waste my money on booze or smokes. however i applied at walmart in hoping means of Getting a job at the supercenter thats going to have a grand opening. but no luck for some reason. the only real skills i have would be considered computers. But in order to benefit from that, i'd need to get certified and what sucks is that the A+ exam is about to outdate and update with 2009 objectives. I'm just getting really sick of not having any money. I might be blabbering. Your thoughts/Advice? oh and i need More money just to take the certifcation.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By iam3green

i would say go look around places to get a job. look on some websites like monster.com ,  craiglist.  

i  have  also heard that is a good idea is to print a lot of resumes and go to a city and just start handing 
them out to  people. u never know who u hand them to so u might get a good job doing it.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JokerClown88

My question is first off, how old are you?

I may be able to help you in your specific situation because I was in a similar situation until I found my current job.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By diz

Have you thought about turning to crime? 

The_Bumble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Bumble
@diz: hmmm, I heard that katana related deaths are rising in the crime industry however. Something to think about.
Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@iam3green said:
" i would say go look around places to get a job. look on some websites like monster.com ,  craiglist.    i  have  also heard that is a good idea is to print a lot of resumes and go to a city and just start handing  them out to  people. u never know who u hand them to so u might get a good job doing it. "
this.