Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6301  Edited By Darji

@petiew said:

New series of Ippo is coming out in Autumn.

With the way the manga went I'm not excited at all unfortunately. There's only so much of the same thing I can take before it gets dull.

Awesome together with Kuroko no Basuke his makes the next season already better than this season^^

Also we get a Fairy Tail Rave cross over which also will be awesome^^

Loading Video...

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a little bit disappointing to know just how much they've had to skip/change to get to the Goddesses arc, but I'm still really enjoying watching TWGOK again.

It and Monogatari are the new staples of my week.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Nothing too special happened in episode 3 of Symphogear G but it didn't waste time revealing the new doctor is evil. Also Chris henshin \(^_^)/

*Bang*

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gatchaman Crowds 2 does a much better job at making Hajime feel like an actual character, albeit an incredibly eccentric and maybe crazy one, instead of just Quirks: The Character. Really enjoyable episode. Also she is completely adorable throughout it.

Silver Spoon 2 was also really enjoyable as well.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched the 3rd episode of the new Rozen Maiden reboot, and I've gotta say, it's on a whole nother level compared to the previous seasons. I guess they reasoned that their original fans would be a bit older by now, and so they decided for more mature storytelling? In any case, the first episode kind of just is a recap of the basics of the universe, setting everything up. Then... everything changes, even the protagonist. I would highly recommend this show, it seems like one of the best this season. However, get through at least the second episode, maybe the third, because the first episode doesn't really showcase much for the show (apart from the good aesthetics they've got going on).

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi seems good as well, to me it seems to be fairly unique.

Watamote seems pretty decent, only judging by how the manga has gone it doesn't really seem to progress much. I generally like SOME character growth over the course of a series, not just an endless train ride of gags.

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gatchaman Crowds 2 does a much better job at making Hajime feel like an actual character, albeit an incredibly eccentric and maybe crazy one, instead of just Quirks: The Character. Really enjoyable episode. Also she is completely adorable throughout it.

It also makes me wonder why JJ chose her. Suddenly this series is--once again--not what I expected. Who exactly is Hajime?

One thing I'm not really clear about: so Hajime is moving in with the Gatcha-crowd? Her parents are cool with this? And do people know about the Gatchamen or not? It seems that they do, but then why do they cast that Amnesia Spell each time before a battle?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6307  Edited By Ravelle
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Wow there's a new TV special coming - Episode of Merry. Amazing, right Zach? I just wonder how much of the Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs it will include.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@belegorm said:

I just watched the 3rd episode of the new Rozen Maiden reboot, and I've gotta say, it's on a whole nother level compared to the previous seasons. I guess they reasoned that their original fans would be a bit older by now, and so they decided for more mature storytelling?

the new rozen maiden series is meant to follow the second manga series, the first episode was a recap of the first manga series or something like that

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Man, Uchouten Kazoku is the shit. I'm really loving the story or, rather, I'm loving what little bits of the story I can piece together so far. Only 3 episodes in but it's definitely my top pick so far. I'm not sure what to make of Benten (for a variety of reasons), but she sure does steal the show when she pops up. That scene at the clocktower was pretty darn great. I also really like the brother that's stuck in the well. I don't know why, but he's just great.

Other than that, the only thing that really grabbed me this season has been Love Lab. It's both surprisingly well-animated and funny. Honestly, given everything about it like the title, premise, and run-of-the-mill character designs, it's safe to say I wasn't expecting much of anything, but so far, so good in my book.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6311  Edited By Animasta

Hourou Musuko finally ended and it was a really good ending that made me pretty happy, Shuu and Anna are so adorable <3

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking pretty good.

Loading Video...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6313  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Sometimes the last comment not appears right away. This is the only thread that I know that does this thing. Weird.

Other than that, the only thing that really grabbed me this season has been Love Lab. It's both surprisingly well-animated and funny. Honestly, given everything about it like the title, premise, and run-of-the-mill character designs, it's safe to say I wasn't expecting much of anything, but so far, so good in my book.

I'm really having a hard time coping with the adorableness of Eyebrows Girl. Especially since she has the same VA as Marii from Joshiraku.

No Caption Provided

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni episode 3

It no Madoka magica but what it doing with the dark premise is nice and it doesn't ignore it.

Servant x Service episode 3

Feel like I'm watching Working with crazy people working, in this case public relations.

Shingeki no Kyojin episode 15

Like Eren said, "The recon team is nothing but crazy people wanting change". And when you have a work full of human eating giants and a mess up society you're going to need some crazy to survive or get things done.

I like to make a note here that Hyperdimension Neptunia isn't good. It was funny in the game but the sexual jokes and flat characters aren't gripping enough to keep watching.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6315  Edited By spazmaster666

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya is rapidly becoming my favorite new show of the season so far, though that's probably not saying much considering the many mediocre offerings available this summer season. I should probably be watching Monogatari S2 as well but I need to get caught up with Nisemonogatari first.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The only thing I've seen of the current season is Gatchaman Crowds. I'm not really sure what to think about it. It's not my Gatchaman, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit. I just haven't seen enough to decide. I do know that I am turned off by CG animation in 2D shows when it looks blatant and obvious. That immediately shortens the shelf-life of a series in my opinion. CG is always improving and stuff made even a few years ago is distracting by today's standards.

For entertainment, I am watching Prince of Tennis. I've really grown to enjoy the sports genre. I was wondering if there's ever been a golf-based show or perhaps a manga. If there's tennis, swimming, figure skating and even American football, surely golf must be represented in anime/manga somewhere.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@spazmaster666 said:

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya is rapidly becoming my favorite new show of the season so far, though that's probably not saying much considering the many mediocre offerings available this summer season. I should probably be watching Monogatari S2 as well but I need to get caught up with Nisemonogatari first.

I need to get on top of Fate/kaleidrightnow. Nevermind that I've missed three whole seasons of other anime I need to catch up on.

Also, did you hear that they're making yet another Fate/stay Night adaptation? PLEASE BE HEAVEN'S FEEL.

EDIT: OH and it's Ufotable + Type-Moon which has always done good by me.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Uchouten Kazoku is the shit. I'm really loving the story or, rather, I'm loving what little bits of the story I can piece together so far. Only 3 episodes in but it's definitely my top pick so far. I'm not sure what to make of Benten (for a variety of reasons), but she sure does steal the show when she pops up. That scene at the clocktower was pretty darn great. I also really like the brother that's stuck in the well. I don't know why, but he's just great.

It really is such a good show with a great cast of likeable or interesting characters (I wouldn't say I like Benten but I sure do like the scenes she appears in as well) and the focus on an "Eccentric Family" over the typical high school slice of life we've been getting for so long now is nice. It also helps that the show is just so gorgeous.

xlab3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone here watch Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@babychoochoo said:

It really is such a good show with a great cast of likeable or interesting characters (I wouldn't say I like Benten but I sure do like the scenes she appears in as well) and the focus on an "Eccentric Family" over the typical high school slice of life we've been getting for so long now is nice. It also helps that the show is just so gorgeous.

DUDE SHE RODE A WHALE FUCK YEAH...

But yeah, Uchouten Kazoku is in my Top 3 this season so far. The characters are super likable so far with the interesting story that is not showing all it's cards so far (If Benten the reason why Yasaburou father died than why does he have some feeling for her still?)

My number one pick so far this season is Gin no Saji: Sliver Spoon. The only show so far to make me laugh out loud, the main character is great in a great setting. Did you know eggs come out of the anus?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6321  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@alexandersheen said:

I'm really having a hard time coping with the adorableness of Eyebrows Girl. Especially since she has the same VA as Marii from Joshiraku.

OH MY GOD. I was wondering why she sounded so familiar. I never even looked it up. That just earned her a ton of points in my book.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So Discotek Media secured the North American DVD rights to Thermae Romae.

Oh mae.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Attack On Titan is slowly getting better. It's just about at where I left off in the manga. The next episode should contain the last of the events I've read through before stopping completely. Take note those of you who devoured those chapters like a horde of ravenous titans. Patience is a virtue. As one of the biggest naysayers of this anime in this thread I must admit I have high hopes the series. Looking forward to the big horror moments that I crave. I'm certainly not looking forward to the conclusion if it's yet another all-story.

@penguindust: Yeah Prince Of Tennis is great if you watch it with the right expectations. It's goofy and over the top which is why I come back to that genre in the first place. The stuff in between matches is boring but the tennis itself is appropriately ridiculous. Only golf themed series I know about is Dan-Doh!! which was kind of mediocre. There have probably been golf episodes within broader shows but that's the only one I can think of.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I've seen of the current season is Gatchaman Crowds. I'm not really sure what to think about it. It's not my Gatchaman, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit. I just haven't seen enough to decide. I do know that I am turned off by CG animation in 2D shows when it looks blatant and obvious. That immediately shortens the shelf-life of a series in my opinion. CG is always improving and stuff made even a few years ago is distracting by today's standards.

For entertainment, I am watching Prince of Tennis. I've really grown to enjoy the sports genre. I was wondering if there's ever been a golf-based show or perhaps a manga. If there's tennis, swimming, figure skating and even American football, surely golf must be represented in anime/manga somewhere.

King Golf

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww, Titan didn't take the "most first week blu-ray sales for a TV anime ever" crown from Madoka. : (

Better luck next time, I guess!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Awww, Titan didn't take the "most first week blu-ray sales for a TV anime ever" crown from Madoka. : (

Better luck next time, I guess!

Madoka is pretty good so it's a good spot to fight for. Speaking of Madoka I just started watching "Day Break Illusion" and it's pretty good. It's obviously aiming for some of that Madoka mojo so we'll see how it does. Since it's a straight up anime it's impossible to spoil and there wont be any people trying to be clever about things they already know about.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6328  Edited By penguindust

@turambar: @mezmero: Thanks for the info on Dan Doh!!. I looked around the web and the general consensus is that it's rather cliche and forgettable. Oddly, I can be okay with that if I like the characters involved. I'll be sure to check out a few shows and report back in the new few weeks.

King Golf looks interesting too, but there doesn't seem to be too many translated issues out. Seven appears to be the limit. The link said there were 19 volumes out in Japan. Still I'll take a look at this whenever I decide to start reading again. I plan to get an Ipad later this year and catch up on all this stuff. I can read during my lunch hour at work.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

AnoHana got a new opening for the re-airing if anyone is still interested in that show.

I still remember the feels. : (

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6330  Edited By FirePrince

So, I'm rather new to anime. I also basically hate most of it.

Still, there IS hope. I've enjoyed Persona 4 The Animation, I'm currently watching Death Note, and I'm about to finish Devil Survivor 2 The Animation.

As you can probably deduce from my choices, I absolutely hate the "high-octane non stop fighting 657 episodes and counting" bullshit, and I'm searching for anime more like the above mentioned.

As a side note, although I don't find that DS2 is very good, there is still something about it that makes me like it. I think it's the premise and overarching story. Opinions?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6333  Edited By Darji

Is it only me or does anyone eolse think that this is a absolute terrible list?

@fireprince Try Monster for the suspense or Space Brothers for the real life.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: I'm okay with you disliking my list. We are different people with different tastes after all. And that is why this thread is a good place for gathering suggestions and not everyone recommends the same things.

Also, Space Brothers is great.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@darji: it's literally just you.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yep. Pretty much what I was looking for outside of a Working season 3.

Servant x Service episode 3

Feel like I'm watching Working with crazy people working, in this case public relations.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6338  Edited By Cloudenvy

@dochaus said:

Pretty much. Except don't watch Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari as an anime novice.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6339  Edited By Animasta

@fireprince: steins;gate is a lot like persona 4 with a sci fi bent and it's also fucking incredible.Try that first and foremost!

Also Bodacious Space Pirates is kinda like what you'd imagine star trek the anime would be like. Except with high school girls

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: And the fact that it's the dullest thing ever? ; )

*runs away from Ani's wrath*

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vehemently disagree with you, Bodacious Space Pirates is far from dull! Although... I certainly would only recommend it to those who share my line of interests in campy science fiction, which is probably a minority of people who watch anime?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus said:

luckily I know this is not the case^^

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Bodacious Space Pirates. You started off so well before you became Girls Own Space Adventure... :)

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: your imaginary friends don't count.

Finally got around to watching the initial eps of Sunday Without God and Gatchaman Crowds.

The former kinda screwed up the whole Genesis verse 1 and it didn't really click with me, but I did find it funny that one day God just tells everyone, "Well fuck, I screwed up this whole creation thing, guess I'll have to try again. Peace out, y'all." Turns out the Agnostics were right that God exists, but he just stopped giving a shit about people at some point.

The latter show was...well, it was pretty damn anime, that's for sure. Not bad, but not sure if I feel like keeping up with it.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@cloudenvy said:

I vehemently disagree with you, Bodacious Space Pirates is far from dull! Although... I certainly would only recommend it to those who share my line of interests in campy science fiction, which is probably a minority of people who watch anime?

I enjoyed it. There is something about space battles and yelling techno gibberish while holographic projections show complex geometric nonsense of charts, trajectories, and positions that I find appealing.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6347  Edited By Cloudenvy

@dochaus said:

The Director of Serial Experiments Lain is dead. Lost his battle with pancreatic cancer at 58 years old. RIP.

Guess that means Despera is going to stay in development hell.

I really doubt that it was going to come out anyways. This probably doesn't help though! RIP.

EDIT: side-note: hilarious that Urobuchi is writing the next Kamen Rider.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free Ep4: A lot of fansservice but finally we are getting to the swimming part XD

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6349  Edited By EXTomar

I wouldn't say BSP was "boring" or "dull" but it did definitely have a "methodical pace". Some people like or dislike that stuff.

Edit: I saw RWBY pop up and I believe the previews of it was posted here many pages ago. It isn't quite Anime but it is still fun to watch

Loading Video...