Anime Megathread III and Cartoon Megathread I!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BranKetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am watching Space Dandy. It is an eccentric show that I like because it is funny.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2452  Edited By bigjeffrey

P4GA getting a extra episode, should be intresting

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2453  Edited By bigjeffrey

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 9 ~ lol

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So glad the response to Nozaki-kun has been so positive. Such a great fucking manga and the anime is doing is a great job. Hoping for more seasons.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2455  Edited By bigjeffrey

Akame ga Kill! 9 ~ the new squad has some colorful character.

lol this dude

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2456  Edited By jiggajoe14

Oh the Monogatari series, how you toy with me:

Loved Bake

Didn't care for Nise

Loved Mono

Disliked Neko

A little consistency would be nice. Also, lol @ the MAL hack.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Watched all of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann last week.

7/10

Kill La Kill's crazy was better. And I don't necessarily mean the idea behind it was better, but the writing and execution definitely were.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate you MSG 0083. I hate you with every ounce of my being.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well all I have to say about Tokyo ghoul is that I love it,but it HAS to have a second season.akame ga kill is also great and I have a ton of ideas of where the show could head.great anime season so far.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akame ga Kill! 9 ~ the new squad has some colorful character.

lol this dude

omg I laughed so hard when I saw this guy lol.which I needed because the show has been pretty dark lately.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2461  Edited By Aegon

Don't watch Space Dandy episode 9 (plants) if you haven't had enough sleep. It's like staring into the abyss of insanity.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasp: it never stops!!!

part of the reason why im taking a break from it, it somehow harder when i know everything that is coming...

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope every character in 0083 dies slow, painful deaths.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the best way to watch Psycho Pass? Is the original fine? Apparently there's a new extended version and I'm not sure how many episodes are out and where to watch them.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2465  Edited By bigjeffrey

@aegon said:

What's the best way to watch Psycho Pass? Is the original fine? Apparently there's a new extended version and I'm not sure how many episodes are out and where to watch them.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/psycho-pass/videos/episodes

There is 22 episodes in total, new edit is still airing up to ep 8 (ep15/16)

(new edit strings together 2 episodes for 1 long 43 min one w/ extra dialogue) i'd say if you are watch that version but for some reason ep 1 and 2 are not there) so i guess watch regular???

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

http://www.funimation.com/shows/psycho-pass/videos/episodes

There is 22 episodes in total, new edit is still airing up to ep 8 (ep15/16)

(new edit strings together 2 episodes for 1 long 43 min one w/ extra dialogue) i'd say if you are watch that version but for some reason ep 1 and 2 are not there) so i guess watch regular???

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2467  Edited By Daveyo520

@aegon: They both hold a special place in my heart. TTGL used to be my favorite but I think Kill la Kill has since taken its place.

@jiggajoe14: I think 2nd Season was the best, the last arc most of all. I think Neko was pretty useless. It just went into more detail stuff that was shown in other episodes. The only reason to really watch it is to see that he gets a sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Recently watched:

Avatar: The Last Airbender (complete series): So I finally (FINALLY) watched the whole series, and wow. I can totally understand the praise this series gets. Loved every second of it! Just wish the ending wasn't so abrupt. I'll have to pick up the graphic novels that continue the story at some point.

The Legend of Korra (Book One): Naturally since I watched Avatar I figured I had to start this. I didn't like it at first, but it has definitely grown on me as the episodes go on. Honestly though, I think Avatar is leaps and bounds better. There was just this heart and soul Avatar had that I'm just not feeling in Korra. I'll have to start Book 2 soon and see if that changes.

One Piece: 3D2Y Special: Fun watch. Admittedly I only really watched it to see the surprise Oda was teasing, but it was still a pretty entertaining movie. More Boa Hancock and Buggy is always cool. The big surprise was kinda lame, though, but that's probably because I'm a manga reader and already knew about it. Anime only viewers might be in for a shock. (It's literally the last thing in the movie btw. At the very end of the credits)

Hunter X Hunter episode 145: Episode was mostly kinda boring, but some major stuff did happen. Really sad the anime is ending in like 3 weeks. :(

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: While Avatar is way better Korra is not too bad. I would say book 3 is the best by far, so if book 2 lets you down at all stick through it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daveyo520: The toothbrush scene just pushed me over the edge.

Starting Zeta Gundam right now. Trying to catch up to a buddy. He hates it and wants me to help him finish lol.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2471  Edited By Akyho

@jiggajoe14: Zeta Gundam is good I mean it is old and it can be a bit off putting some certain kids are awkward..... Gundam ZZ on the other hand...ooooh man....oooooh man....I mean...ZZ is TERRIBLE! If you or your friend watch the first three episodes that is it, for 40 episodes. Then a big moment happens tension! a serious story!....AND THEY RUINED IT SOO BADLY. I am literally stuck on this frame of ZZ and will probably never move beyond this point.

No Caption Provided

Also Bright makes this face in the first episode....it was a warning.

No Caption Provided

Bright should be on the bridge chomping on a burger and slapping the shit out of kids to "correct" them. Guess how many kids fuck up selfishly and should be "corrected"? EVERY TWO MINUTES IN AN EPISODE FOR 40 EPISODES! How many times does Bright "correct" 0.......they even have that Hong dude that "corrected" Kamille in Zeta. HE SHOULD BE SLAP HAPPY WITH THESE KIDS!

Watch Zeta....then watch Chars Counterattack. There is 0 story linked to Chars Counterattack from ZZ.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2472  Edited By bigjeffrey

looks like Aldnoah.Zero is getting 12 more ep. cool more episodes of people taking a dump on Slaine

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho: A few episodes into Zeta. So far I'm feeling like Zeta is to the original MSG as Sailor Moon R is to the original Sailor Moon. Outside of the lsd-infused final few episodes of MSG, there was an endearing quirkiness to it that I really enjoyed. For Zeta so far, I haven't liked how it has introduced characters, nor has it had the charm to offset the lame dramatic moments so far.

ZZ sounds terrible, which should be fun for me to watch with someone else since they want to go through the whole UC timeline. The tradeoff is that he agreed to finally watch Legend Of The Galactic Heroes if I watched all of this (I've already seen LOTGH).

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hunter X Hunter episode 145: Episode was mostly kinda boring, but some major stuff did happen. Really sad the anime is ending in like 3 weeks. :(

Oh man, I didn't even realize it was ending.... and it's the only current series I've really been watching, too. That's kinda sad, but honestly, I'm glad they're just choosing a stopping point. It was something I really appreciated about the '99 series too, it made it feel special for me as a kid that they didn't feel the need to prolong or derail the story arbitrarily.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Aw geez there's already another season full of shows coming up? I'll have to blog about that at some point.

PS: Barakamon continues to be heartwarming in a season full of (somewhat well-written) despair.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poyopoyo is possibly the cutest thing that I have ever seen. It's about a spherical cat.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus said:

Aw geez there's already another season full of shows coming up? I'll have to blog about that at some point.

PS: Barakamon continues to be heartwarming in a season full of (somewhat well-written) despair.

Talking about despair. Glasslip. It's such a bummer after Nagi no Asukara, the previous P. A. Works joint. Everything and everyone is either confusing, out of place or straight up fuckin' weird.

Don't watch it.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill la Kill's Graduation Episode was a bunch of buildup for 30 seconds of fantastic action, and it was totally worth it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the comedic delivery was on par with the original series. It was a fun goodbye, even if it was a very simple one.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo_Ghoul 10 ~ alright episode this week, dude got the sht beat out of him and napped. There's got to be another 12ep right? feels so rushed.

P4GA - -_-

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo_Ghoul 10 ~ alright episode this week, dude got the sht beat out of him and napped. There's got to be another 12ep right? feels so rushed.

Not sure how they're going to handle the Yamori stuff. It's too messed up for Japanese TV so I'd imagine there will be a lot of edits. The anime has already changed quite a few things and with the current pacing we'll be getting pretty close to where the manga is right now.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: It was not bad. I really want another season though. I don't want it to be over. Give me slice of life please.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man seeing Kill la Kill 25 made me realize how much I miss it. That was some Graduation.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoJo Phantom Blood volume 1 JoJonium edition is up for digital purchase. Go buy it and show support for the series.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just start calling Inaho Solid Snake? Between all the dialogue during the shower scene, the gun handshake (if that's not a romance flag, I don't know what is), and stoic tsundere-ness, episode 10 of Aldnoah.Zero pretty much turns Inaho into Solid Snake without the dumb pickup lines. I'm just waiting for him to say something like "There are no heroes in war" or some shit like that. Solid Inaho, motherfuckers. Martians get rekt.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2486  Edited By bigjeffrey

Mahouka 23 Slow Episode cliffhanger ending, Only 1 oniisama.

Aldnoah.Zero slaine strikes back (also winter 2015 for next 12 ep)

SAOII9

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Barakamon - I feel Hina deserves more screen time.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man i just finished Kill la Kill 25 and i just wanted it to keep going and going, had the biggest smile on my face from how ridiculous it all was.

I seemed to have got behind in Jojo, Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul, and Zankyou no Terror. Im gonna go back to the first 3 but is ZnT worth picking back up?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man i just finished Kill la Kill 25 and i just wanted it to keep going and going, had the biggest smile on my face from how ridiculous it all was.

I seemed to have got behind in Jojo, Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul, and Zankyou no Terror. Im gonna go back to the first 3 but is ZnT worth picking back up?

ZnT is still interesting for me because I still don't know the main antagonistic force that's driving Sphinx to do the bombings, but it seems it's all one huge conspiracy having to do with their origin story.

Tokyo Ghoul is still good. SAO2 continues with it's cliffhanger endings as does Aldnoah Zero. Jojo is still Jojo.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the latest akame ga kill episode was something else,kinda changes where this show could go.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Zeta Gundam doesn't explain its politics too well. Also, not a huge fan of all this newtypes stuff :/

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2492  Edited By FrostyRyan

So am I the only one enjoying P4G anime even though it's kinda bad?

Also, hello all. I'm new on Giant Bomb. Hoping to make some friends here. :)

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Welcome! Glad to have you here!

I don't know what else to say. I'm literally the worst at introductions lol

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2494  Edited By bigjeffrey

Gekkan_Shoujo_Nozaki-kun 10 ~ at the movies was pretty funny

Akame_ga_Kill! 10 ~ He escaped from the raid jaegers

also dog thing and crazy girl

@frostyryan said:

So am I the only one enjoying P4G anime even though it's kinda bad?

Also, hello all. I'm new on Giant Bomb. Hoping to make some friends here. :)

Hello new gaint bomb user

Yeah, i mean it's got Marie which instantly makes it better that the original P4A, but that's not saying much. But still watching "enjoying" it, the Adachi stuff was pretty good though also dat ED is pretty good

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2495  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Man i was hoping we would spend alot more time with the Jaegers, i found them to be far more interesting than Night Raid.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any thoughts on the latest GITS: Arise installment?

Just finished it. It had some of the more impressive action sequences of the series, although I found the narrative a little confusing (not a huge revelation when it comes to GITS though).

All in all I loved it. I really like what they have done with the prequels.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello new gaint bomb user

Yeah, i mean it's got Marie which instantly makes it better that the original P4A, but that's not saying much. But still watching "enjoying" it, the Adachi stuff was pretty good though also dat ED is pretty good

I disagree Marie makes it better, even though I really like Marie(unlike most persona 4 fans.)

The show has Marie at the center of attention and it's weird. It's Marie Golden: The Marie animation. I really really liked the first anime and thought it was genuinely a good adaptation apart from the ending sequences which were a little too rushed.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Well i reckon she was the only "big" addition to Golden so it makes sense to focus on her since it's "P4a Golden the animation".

that said , yup it's okay.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

Any thoughts on the latest GITS: Arise installment?

Just finished it. It had some of the more impressive action sequences of the series, although I found the narrative a little confusing (not a huge revelation when it comes to GITS though).

All in all I loved it. I really like what they have done with the prequels.

The months in between each episode isn't doing the series any favors for me personally (a "previously on" would do wonders), but it was still pretty good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Randomly clicking on this thread has reminded me that the P4G Animation is a thing that exists. It's not very good, right? I thought the original animation wasn't amazing or anything, but it had its moments (usually revolving around the protagonist being this deadpan weirdo).