#1  Edited By xdaknightx69
Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bell_End

you've seen how angry people get on forums about shitty little thing.

some people are just mentals

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

Some people are just metal nutcase shitholes

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kindgineer

@xdaknightx69: When you look at bullshit comments, ever notice that nearly every negative one is a try at humour? You can always see collateral damage being committed in public forums regarding these types of stories. People enter to read the story and then they see the comments. They glance over a comment that causes them to inner-rage and the topic of the page is no longer relative. They have to point out the flaw and beat it to the ground before it grows into some big hairy beast that consumes this country and their personal soul.

That last part was exaggerated for a reason.

It's a sad day when stuff like this happens and I hope that the families can find peace at some point. It's tragic that these things are being committed and I hope our law enforcement is improving to counter cases like this more in the future. The dirt-bad is a supposed White Supremacist, so it's good to know he's rotting in hell now for his crimes. I think it's a crime that the Sikh culture will now have to live in fear, knowing, that there are local residents that want to do them harm.

GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GrandHarrier

You realize shootings happen all the time, right? Certain ones just end up getting sensationalized because of the size or (in this case) the targets of the attack. Now, I'm not dismissing the tragic nature of it, believe me my heart goes out to them all. But these things happen all across the world. Humanity is capable of horrific violence. Always has been. Always will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just so you know, awful shit literally happens all the time. In your city, in your country and all over the world. The 'another shooting!' is just pure memetics and media manipulation. Just like 'zombie attacks!' the month before.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigdaddy81

I absolutely adore Yahoo news comments. It doesn't matter how banal the news story is, it will somehow be tied to Obama. You can have a story about firefighters rescuing a cat out of a tree and there will always be some nutcase in the comments screaming "America is the cat in the tree and OBAMA is the dog who chased us up there!!! Where's our firefighters to come rescue us?!" Naturally there would be more misspellings and random use of the Caps Lock, but you get the gist.

Shame about the shooting though. I'm afraid we might be seeing more and more stories like this as we approach 9/11.

Blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Blunt

Crazy people be crazy, yo.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loafsmooch

@GrandHarrier said:

You realize shootings happen all the time, right? Certain ones just end up getting sensationalized because of the size or (in this case) the targets of the attack. Now, I'm not dismissing the tragic nature of it, believe me my heart goes out to them all. But these things happen all across the world. Humanity is capable of horrific violence. Always has been. Always will.

@Brodehouse said:

Just so you know, awful shit literally happens all the time. In your city, in your country and all over the world. The 'another shooting!' is just pure memetics and media manipulation. Just like 'zombie attacks!' the month before.

Sums up what I was gonna say.

Also,

@Blunt said:

Crazy people be crazy, yo.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TehBuLL

People get shot everyday. Every weekend you would think the president would exclaim that Chicago had been attacked but instead turns out it is just us. Everyday. People need more fresh air I guess. Is it great? No. Did you know? It's the same lots of places. You only know what you are told.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jams

@TehBuLL said:

People get shot everyday. Every weekend you would think the president would exclaim that Chicago had been attacked but instead turns out it is just us. Everyday. People need more fresh air I guess. Is it great? No. Did you know? It's the same lots of places. You only know what you are told.

Would you say that maybe we stick our heads further into the sand than ever before? Or we have become really selective to what we want to hear?

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By xdaknightx69

@GrandHarrier: i do realize that people get shot everyday, I'm sure it maybe happening right now. i'm part sikh so maybe it just hit a nerve in me dunno.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

@TehBuLL said:

People get shot everyday.

Not in shooting massacres.

Also, there's no way this can be true. The American media tells us that U.S. Army vets are there to protect our country.

"U.S. troops can't possibly be terrorists."

I wish that I didn't know someone who actually spoke those same exact words about six minutes ago when I showed them this story. That person is no longer a friend nor acquaintance.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LikeaSsur

There's nothing I can say here, else I'll just say something barely funny and very sarcastic.

The world sucks, but there are glimmers of hope out there. It's a shame there's little news about saving lives.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jams

@xdaknightx69 said:

@GrandHarrier: i do realize that people get shot everyday, I'm sure it maybe happening right now. i'm part sikh so maybe it just hit a nerve in me dunno.

I've felt really bad for Indians and Sikh ever since 9/11. I can't believe people don't even care to know the difference between the religions or even Indian vs. Middle Eastern. I'm sorry that you guys get harassed by the idiots of this country and wish it were different.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TehBuLL

@Jams said:

@TehBuLL said:

Would you say that maybe we stick our heads further into the sand than ever before? Or we have become really selective to what we want to hear?

I would say that there is so much coverage nowadays for anything that happens that people are free to choose from any outrageous event they decide is within their exact circle of being. I can only compare this to my experience I had with my grandmother years ago who had no idea of any world happenings, but knew from all of her neighbors which nearby kids were likely to be out after dark. People only know what they care about or have been told to care about. That knowledge is just more available nowadays. A person caring about "the kids causing trouble after dark in the neighborhood" is one click away from "teen shoots at night in 'State'" I love the internet as much as anyone, but those that don't completely understand how large the entire world is are likely to ignore it entirely and focus only on their own agendas.

EDIT* "on agendas" changed to "own agendas" because you know...letters.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bybeach

I will be suprised the shooter didn't know what his targets were. Say if he was delusional. I feel the motivation will prove more basic..the Sikhs were different. Just that, all the reason needed.

That is what hate groups like nazism focuses on, those who are different..

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By megalowho

Justifying insensitivity because humanity does bad things that we don't hear about on top of the ones we do is bs. Those people were massacred in their place of worship, likely because of what they worship or even worse, because of what the shooter thought they worshiped. Even if all you feel is "not my problem," at least have some tact.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By halberdierv2

nutases. My prayers are with the family.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Orbitz89

This is terrible news. It makes me sick to hear stuff like this.

Also, the fact that he served in the U.S military is irrelevant to be perfectly honest.. He was just a deeply disturbed, racist nutcase. End of story.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Elazul

@Jams said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

I've felt really bad for Indians and Sikh ever since 9/11. I can't believe people don't even care to know the difference between the religions or even Indian vs. Middle Eastern. I'm sorry that you guys get harassed by the idiots of this country and wish it were different.

I sincerely hope you're mistaken about that being his motivation. I mean, I know some people are ignorant and all, but it takes an exceptionally dumb brand of motherfucker to attack Sikhs because of 9/11, especially after a full decade.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Milkman

The "people get shot everyday" response is so dumb. Yeah, people do get shot everyday but in churches and movie theaters? Not so much.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jams

@Elazul said:

@Jams said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

I sincerely hope you're mistaken about that being his motivation. I mean, I know some people are ignorant and all, but it takes an exceptionally dumb brand of motherfucker to attack Sikhs because of 9/11, especially after a full decade.

Well seeing as how most of my family members don't know (or care to tell) the difference, I'd say that yeah he probably didn't either. Then when you tell them the difference, they usually reply with. "WHATEVERITSTHESAMETHING!". All it takes is a nutty fuckhead who doesn't care to tell the difference to do what that guy did.

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YOUNGLINK

@TehBuLL said:

This. I live in a suburb of Chicago but I wont go into the city on weekends if its hot out. Seriously, if the temp increases by 5-10 degrees, more shootings happen. More people outside and more chances for incidents. Fucking sad.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Matterless
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Drebin_893

@GrandHarrier said:

Wow thanks bro, that's deep.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Elazul

@Jams said:

@Elazul said:

@Jams said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

Well seeing as how most of my family members don't know (or care to tell) the difference, I'd say that yeah he probably didn't either. Then when you tell them the difference, they usually reply with. "WHATEVERITSTHESAMETHING!". All it takes is a nutty fuckhead who doesn't care to tell the difference to do what that guy did.

Wow, sorry man. I didn't mean to talk shit about your family or anything, I just find it quite hard to believe (or at least accept) that this kind senseless, ignorant rage could still be so widespread after this long.

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Breaking news: Shootings happen every day.

You kidding me? They happen every second. Doesn't make this one any more tolerable.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jams
@Elazul said:
Wow, sorry man. I didn't mean to talk shit about your family or anything, I just find it quite hard to believe (or at least accept) that this kind senseless, ignorant rage could still be so widespread after this long.

Don't worry, no offence was taken. It's just information that isn't relevant to their lives. It's frustrating at times, but it's also important to know that not everyone learns everything about the world whether they need to or not. Hell, I wouldn't expect anyone who isn't in or fresh out of school to remember all the presidents we've had or all the branches of government, etc. because in reality, that's just entertainment on the news to them. It might affect us in certain ways, but you don't need to know that stuff to live happily and work, etc.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stonyman65

I think this guy hits the nail on the head with almost every point: http://youtu.be/ht4Kn9PBbYk

It's a shame that this has to happen, but there are a lot of crazy assholes out there.

Stay safe guys.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Elazul

@Jams said:

@Elazul said:

Don't worry, no offence was taken. It's just information that isn't relevant to their lives. It's frustrating at times, but it's also important to know that not everyone learns everything about the world whether they need to or not. Hell, I wouldn't expect anyone who isn't in or fresh out of school to remember all the presidents we've had or all the branches of government, etc. because in reality, that's just entertainment on the news to them. It might affect us in certain ways, but you don't need to know that stuff to live happily and work, etc.

That's a very fair point. We actually have a large Indian/Pakistani community here in Britain and have done for a very, very long time so the distinction seems pretty obvious to me, but I guess it's just not like that if you rarely (if ever) see or talk to people from that part of the world. People over here don't really seem to know shit about Mexican people or culture, for example.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunar_Aura

As more people have nothing to lose, more and more things like this will happen. Add said people having no ambition or love and you have an accelerating recipe for disaster.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By big_jon

This is getting more and more lame, fucking crazy people.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

The fact that people are saying "This just shows that everyone in the army isn't a boy scout" makes me want to punch my computer.

NO SHIT. Just because someone does something for a living doesn't mean they are entitled or inclined to be perfect or even normal for that matter. Everyone is different. Everyone has issues. This guy was from or had been from the military. He was also dishonorably discharged. He was an obvious douche nugget and i'm glad hes gone. One less psychopath to worry about.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jimmyfenix

i have muslim and sikh friends and there the nicest people i have ever met. shame to see the minority of people seeing every muslim and sikh's as terrorists

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Ugh doesn't surprise me becoming weekly news now. Soon it wont even be shown on the news like dead soldiers in Iraq\Afghanistan.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@phrali said:

the fact that he was us military is absolutely relevant. I am so tired of hearing 'everyone in the military is a hero they are the best of the best' that is BULLSHIT. I could introduce you to many veterans that are violent racist homophobic worthless assholes. I had to call the police last week on 3 army guys beating the crap out of a guy and yelling 'faggot' at him outside my workplace. THEY ARE NOT ALL HEROES. Some of them are, many more of them are the scum of the earth

Of course they are hired killers.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DelroyLindo

I'll never understand why America clings to its gun laws

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sooty

@DelroyLindo said:

Because they need to defend themselves against robberies! Of course guns are needed for this, never mind that school shootings and other things like this happen every year because of guns, those burglars need to be deterred.

(and never mind that guns actually increase the chance of robbery, but nvm, they don't listen to logic)

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By casper_

as an aside yahoo comments are more fucked up/morally backwards than 4chan but with 80% less irony.

every article i see, the most popular comments are insanely racist/homophobic/violent etc.

i know the internet is the collective id of humanity but america is still a weird place dude.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By scarace360

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@scarace360 said:

Who cares more people died.

People were massacred in a temple, who gives a fuck.

Ok and.

And your comment was stupid.

Stupid because I don't care or stupid because you don't like what I said?

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tsoglani

@DelroyLindo said:

Either will I, it seems so bloody stupid, but I guess it proves the power of the NRA and similar lobbies.

Australia had one bad massacre, the port Arthur massacre over 15 years ago and the gun laws were changed almost immediately; since that day there hasn't been another shooting massacre. If you need a gun for work/hunting/hobby etc. fine, but why do Americans need M-16s and M-4s and other high-power automatic weapons etc to protect themselves at home? It's nuts if you ask me.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Tobiass said:

Typical

Americans..

What a bunch of primitive savages.

Poor sikhs. I can't imagine the horror.

Shit is about to get real!

My condolences to the families of the victims.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mcfart

The only reason the last shooting was broadcast was because it would result in more Batman sales.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By stonyman65

@Tsoglani said:

@DelroyLindo said:

Either will I, it seems so bloody stupid, but I guess it proves the power of the NRA and similar lobbies.

Australia had one bad massacre, the port Arthur massacre over 15 years ago and the gun laws were changed almost immediately; since that day there hasn't been another shooting massacre. If you need a gun for work/hunting/hobby etc. fine, but why do Americans need M-16s and M-4s and other high-power automatic weapons etc to protect themselves at home? It's nuts if you ask me.

We don't have " M-16s and M4s and other high-power automatic weapons". You have no idea what you are talking about. We have semi-auto rifles. That's it. To even come close to getting something full auto, you need to submit a $300 tax to the ATF and provide Class 3/NFA paperwork. That then goes through the FBI, DEA, ATF, and every other government agency in the country. Your name is put on a list, and you are registered as having a Class 3/AOW firearm. After about a 6 month waiting period (assuming you are cleared by every background check), you are allowed to buy ONE Class 3 firearm that has to be engraved with your name/address, and can be owned only by you. If you violate any of these regulations, you go to federal prison for 25 years. I doesn't get much more restrictive than that.

EDIT: All of this is assuming you even live in a state where this is legal, and it's not in the majority of states.

Learn the facts before you spread disinformation

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By stonyman65

@DelroyLindo said:

It's a big part of our history. Without us being armed, we would have never been able to be a sovereign nation. I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't live here to understand.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xdaknightx69

@scarace360: @Bucketdeth: really? would u care or give a fuck if it was one of your loved one's? or maybe if it was a in church?

also posting on the forums/topic is completely volunteer.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spartanlolz92

@Tobiass said:

Typical

Americans..

What a bunch of primitive savages.

Poor sikhs. I can't imagine the horror.

^^^^ typical racist,biased,idiot.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By scarace360

@xdaknightx69 said:

@scarace360: @Bucketdeth: really? would u care or give a fuck if it was one of your loved one's? or maybe if it was a in church?

also posting on the forums/topic is completely volunteer.

Wouldn't care if it was in a church either. They are almost the same thing in my mind maybe there are some differences but I don't know of any. Also probably wouldn't care if a loved one died there either.