Anyone else alone this fine New Year's Eve?

• 95 results
Irishranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Irishranger

I'm usually always alone. Just spend my time looking for reasons to go on living, so I guess you could say I know loneliness....yeah.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Chop

I never go out on new years. People like to treat it as some free day to act like the biggest assholes they possibly can.  

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Pibo47

This is seriously the most depressing shit ive ever read. But yeah im in early tonight. Gotta job for the winter break. Fucking gotta open at 7. Total shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow you people are goddamn depressing. Its fine if you cant get out, but seriously, its the easiest time of year to go out. Seriously, you can just go out to a random place and party, its not rocket science.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By sawtooth

never alone, alone all the time

1.75 liters of Knob Creek makes everything alright.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By rachelepithet

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GunnBjorn

Yeah, I'm lonely too. Not lonely enough though. Due to my work I have to interact with people. That's the very reason I want to be rich. So I could isolate myself completely from other human beings. Alas, that'll be a dream never come true.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Blackout62

Yep. Just me, a 6 year old computer, and a recording of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and friends drunkenly singing "Auld Lang Syne".

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By GalacticPunt

All us sad bastards are alone together. I think my reasoning is sound for skipping going out this year. I've spent the last week house-and-dog sitting for two good friends. They just got back late last night, so they're wiped out, and I'm finally home enjoying my amenities (like working heat, surround sound, and all my vid-ja games). Another good friend texted me in the afternoon, announcing that they were too sick to go out but hoped the rest of us were having a good time. And the third good friend... well we hit the bar for a few hours on Wednesday and will again soon. So yeah, we're old pros and this is Amateur Night for the rest of the world.

Now the dark side to my decision is this: last year I was out with this group and it was super-depressing. They're all a little older than me and married, or as good as married in their relationships. I'm feeling like the weird old uncle when everybody else is kissing at midnight. I'm not the "forever alone" archetype, I do have relationships that last a few months here and there, but I spend a significant time alone compared to my social circle. Because I never seem to find a woman worth two shits, I spend the majority of each relationship talking to my friends about how I need to dump this broad, until I eventually work up the courage to do so. So while I have a core of true-blue friends, New Years and Valentines are depressing for me, because I'm the eternal bachelor who's getting too old for this shit.

So this New Year's I spent the evening reaching the level cap in DC Universe Online, of all things. At midnight, I closed the game down, opened a gifted bottle of shiraz, and made plans for 2012. While I didn't make resolutions during New Year's last year, 2011 was a marked improvement over 2010. I returned from under-employment to a full-time middle class situation, and lost 33 pounds. This year I am making two clear goals from the outset: lose eight more pounds to hit my ideal weight, and seriously go out looking for the woman I'm going to marry. This probably sounds absurd, but red wine is like truth serum, so there it is.

So for everyone else staying home tonight, this one night doesn't mean much, but I hope you make the most of the next 364. I'll try to as well, duders.

Edit PS: I live in a majority-Mexican neighborhood in SoCal, so staying home this year is still entertaining. The neighbors on both sides not only shot off fireworks, I think they also shot a celebratory gun in the air about three times. So I get to live Saints Row tonight!

ffdthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ffdthree

@GalacticPunt: Everything you said here was inspiring, even if alcoholically induced.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By Claude
@GalacticPunt: It's a leap year, so it's the next 365.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I don't like partying...does that make me a bad person?

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kandycane2029

@TheDudeOfGaming: Nah.

To contribute: I'm not really alone tonight, but I didn't party or do anything social. I'm hanging out with my brother and a friend at his apartment, so we just sat around playing Battlefield 3 all night.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NathHaw

I had to work. Got home about 3am. Would've just stayed home anyway.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@TheDudeOfGaming: No. I'm not much of a party person either. I love hanging out with a shit ton of friends talkin, watching movies, playing games, and doing whatever, but I'm just not one for actual parties. Meh, go figure.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Beaudacious

Suppose to go to a party tonigth fulll of half naked women(and men unfortunatly), but i decided to stay in not get laid, and play enslaved. Parties are overated, and i like to spend my new years eve peacfully reflecting about teh year. Also i don't want to see people getting into their cars drunk, cause i'll start calling them out, and a fight will start.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By avidwriter

Forever alone.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hot_Karl

I was at a friend's house and played Crash Bash in between LAN sessions of Counter-Strike Source. Probably second (or first?) best New Year's, ever.

Do that next time, you guys.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Portis

Stayed at home and played Mario Kart 7 with my girlfriend. Best new years I've ever had.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ZimboDK

I planned to stay at home, as usual. Got a phone call at 8pm, as usual: "Hey, we're drinking, wanna join us?" "Uh, sure". Got drunk with friends, had fun. The end. Great way to end the year.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Ravenousrattler

nah i was one of the hosts this year.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By CrimsonNoir

I've never had a problem staying in on any night, but if people invite you out you should take them up on that offer. Spending time with friends will almost always be more fun that being alone and you were probably alone the night before so you're not missing out on anything. If you keep blowing your friends off, you're just going to get less and less invites to things.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Got to drink with my sister's hot puma friends (no funny stuff, don't wanna ruin their friendship) and was "alone" for the countdown. Nobody to kiss... b'awwww...

No matter. This year is going to fucking ROCK!

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#74  Edited By Cathryn

This was my third year in a row spending New Years with my mum. Got asked to a couple things (like I do most years), but am pretty broke and mum always makes a nice dinner and we pop a couple bottles of champagne and have a nice time together. I'm still nursing a cold so I fell asleep at like 8pm and woke up just in time to ring in the new year. New Years can be quiet and nice at the same time.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By moncole

I am always alone

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#76  Edited By EpicSteve

I was in a Guard Tower...

My first New Years sober since I was 15.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DeF

yup, first new year's eve alone at home. didn't care since I couldn't care less about new year's eve and parties.

I blew some shit up in saints row, though ... :D (for some reason, a lot of other people on my friend list did the same thing apparently)

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Enjoyed a bottle of wine to myself at home. Friends have either moved away or got families of their own. Kinda got forced out of the picture. Oh well.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@BabyChooChoo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming: No. I'm not much of a party person either. I love hanging out with a shit ton of friends talkin, watching movies, playing games, and doing whatever, but I'm just not one for actual parties. Meh, go figure.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ramone

I drank with friends. It was fun.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Heltom92

New years is overrated, I like going out but none of my best nights out have been on new years eve. Having said that I had a good time last night.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dixavd: Thanks for the gracious reply! You too!
freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By freakin9

Unfortunately there was no way for me to avoid sleeping through the stroke of midnight.

Avatar image for hydrotherion1979
hydrotherion1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By hydrotherion1979

Played Saints Row. (loved it!) and watch some fireworks. A good night.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Due to several factors I decided against going out (original plan was a week of brighton, but that went haywire).

I usually spend it with family or my boyfriend, but since I was single this time around I ended up at my dad's watching Hootenanny and some stand up comedians.
T'was a good night no doubt.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CannonGoose

I spent the night with a good friend of mine who badly injured his foot on Christmas Eve, so he's mostly immobile for the next few weeks. He and I were both invited to a couple of parties but since he couldn't go anywhere I went to his and we drank, talked and played video games all night.

Had a great time!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Winternet

Spent dinner and midnight with family. 2am went out with friends. New Year's day all day with family. I love it!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88  Edited By Deranged

I was alone at work past midnight if that counts... :P

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Arbie

@CannonGoose: That's a lovely thing you did! =]

I stayed in and watched Batman Returns with my brothers and my boyfriend. Was pretty awesome because as all the penguin rockets went off so did the fireworks outside and we realised it was midnight! =]

Happy New Year! =]

manicraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By manicraider

I'm always alone so saying I'm alone on holidays or special events isn't saying much.

KyleRisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By KyleRisu

I went out, and completely killed myself. My friend has been telling me things i did that i can't remember. not good, i mean it was great fun and all, we played beer pong. But i think i would have had a better time just chilling with a couple of friends, watching movies, playing games. So i kind of envy those of you who had a chilled out night.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzetta said:

*creepy Adachi face* Bitches
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By N7

I know Loneliness. Got 'er on my speed dial. Had a few lesbian experiences with her brother Depression back in college. Then I goof'd and got beat up by her father, Misery.

It's all a part of life. Who needs physical interaction when you have have emotional interaction with people you don't even know over a wwebsite as on the internet.

ffdthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ffdthree
@N7
I know Loneliness. Got 'er on my speed dial. Had a few lesbian experiences with her brother Depression back in college. Then I goof'd and got beat up by her father, Misery.

It's all a part of life. Who needs physical interaction when you have have emotional interaction with people you don't even know over a wwebsite as on the internet.
Annonymous interaction is sometimes easier after all. No one needs a mask here
Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Chippy180

I rang in the new year with a fellow Bomber, we played Rayman and helped her traverse her way through Dark Souls, which was really enjoyable.

Heading out to get shitfaced isn't necessary, hell you don't even have to go out! Just ensure you're content with your plans and let somebody know if you aren't. Being pro-active is your greatest utility, as I'm sure you're already aware of.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BigChickenDinner

There were two shootings in Seattle and multiple arson cases, oh yeah not to forget Drano bottle bombs in mailboxes.

Happy New YEAR!!!!!!!!!!