Anyone else find it hard to get into Twitter?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

I'm sitting here staringat Twitter and can't help but think "Who gives a shit?". I can understand if it's someone well known like a movie star or singer, or even journalists that people like(eg. GB guys) but for the rest of us, what's the point? Do we really need to post every thought that comes into our brain?

Came home from work, tough day.
4 hours ago

Too lazy to cook dinner. Time to order a pizza!
3 hours ago

Mmm, that's good pizza
3 hours ago

TV sucks on a Monday
2 hours ago

@whoever: LOL
1 hour ago

Ugh! I'd say less than 1% of Twitter is worth reading. Why are some people so obsessed?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Look at how popular blogging is, and this is blogging for the terminally lazy, of course it's going to be massively popular.

I might use it if I had a mobile internet device, but as I just use my phone to phone people, it's unlikely i'll bother, even then i'll probably stop caring after a week.

It's just a genius way for someone to make a fuckton of advertising money.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

It's kind of like a instant blog I guess. I use it, but very little.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm the most important person in my world so of course anything on my mind is noteworthy you peon. :P

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

I use it to send quick messages to some mates, or just complain about not getting to do stuff I want to. It's usefull for me. <:

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By Suicrat

You know, if you don't take pleasure in knowing the moment-to-moment goings-on of your friends and acquaintances, take heart! You're less likely to become a stalker!

Having said that, Twitter's value as a means of communication is undeniable.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Snipzor

Man, thank god I'm an old man who is also anti-social. I can't deal with this Twitter bullpucky.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RetroIce4

You know what sucks about Twitter. People who don't have anything to talk about so its useless...

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alsnuts2

I really dont get twitter.  I dont care what  I am doing at any given moment.  Honestly I think this is just a larger-scale media driven fad kind of like what second life was years ago.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

human beings have a disgusting illness of just... LOVING to socialize and shit like that, thats why people are obsessing..

anyway, yeah, i found it pretty pointless espicially that i dont have anyone to read my tweeting
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#11  Edited By JackiJinx
You clearly aren't following the right people. Find some celebrities or people in a field your interested in and follow them. Then their breakfast will sound that much more appetizing. 
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By Atlas

Dude whatever. Twitter's great. I jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago. I've fallen for it in a big way. I mainly keep my updates gaming related, not a ton of personal stuff. It's also to great to see what the Giant Bomb crew, Stephen Fry and my mates are doing, on the same website.

RobtheRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RobtheRobot

Twitter is very cool if you use it write. Hourly updates is better then posting up dates every 5 minutes like I used to for some dumb reason. Its just a good place to get out small thoughts and let people you ain't hanging out with at the time know what your up to. I am very guitly of posting on twitter to much and when i'm bored joking to my brother that i'm gonna twitter everytime I had to take a piss!

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alsnuts2
@JackiJinx:

Yeah thats probably why it doesnt appeal to me, I actively hate celebrities.  I , and dont take this the wrong way, kind of treat them like prostitutes.  I pay my money for them to entertain me for a while then I want them to go away.  I also heard that most tweets dont come from the people themselves. I heard most of them come from their agents and PR people.

I guess I get the appeal, People are really into famous people and they get a little more connected to them so go nuts twit's

I will close this post with a question:
Taught is the past tense to Teach
Faught is past tense to Fight
so what would you call the past tense to Tweet?  (Hint: Its funny)
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KillaMaStA

Its an internet fad, you cant explain it.

I read it for news and laughs. I dont really care what other people are doing and im not interested in telling other people what im doing.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lemon360

twitter is populated mostly by retards that try to fit into the "cool tech crowd": people that try to fit in on the internet. So i hate twitter

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AzureSupernova
@lemon360:  Is it possible to fit in on the internet?
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By DanielJW
@TeflonBilly: This is correct. 
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah, I fell of the band wagon a while ago. I don't no many people on twitter so it was hard to get into it. I might try to get back into it though.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I usually only use twitter to get news on my phone, and to post 'interesting' things that happen to me or I do. Sometimes I post stupid crap, but that's when I have nothing to do, and I say so.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

yes, i don't like any of the social things on the internet. the only thing that is useful on it are for celebs and popularize. they write all about what they are doing so pop read all of them.

i've tried myspace i didn't like it to much, i made a facebook page but that's it. i don't get what people really get into it. it's really just a little thing that some people take to seriously. i remember hearing chicks saying in class o my god his single now... he still has a girlfriend.  i'm just like don't read the persons page.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Optiow

I never tried to get into twitter. I don't really like sites like that.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bruce

There is nothing that can be gained from looking at any of the user (And staff for that matter) twitters on this site. I don't want to sound TOO full of myself, but I'm assuming that the average day in a gamer's life isn't all that interesting. And if you do have something to say, blog it >_>

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Hangid
Well, I think the point of Twitter is to stalk people, but thats what the internet in general is for.  I think the only reason Twitter is popular is because famous people (Celebrities, bloggers, whoever) use it; and people want to follow them and well, basically stalk them! 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By JazzyJeff

I look at Facebook and MySpace in the same way. I would use it if I had something to promote and building a following for, but otherwise I feel self-indulgent.

I get why people enjoy using them, though.