Anyone else shitting bricks about University?

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NukeSpoon

Hoping to get into Bristol to do Physics, and need AAB to get in but... I hold an unnerving quantity of doubt about if I'll make it. And even if I do get in, I'm not guaranteed accommodation because I fucked that up.

And I don't have an insurance choice because I fucked up the application process as well, too (lowest offer I received was AAB).

Fuck.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Good luck. Hope you get in.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DerekDanahy
@NukeSpoon: Not me!  But good luck to you man.
krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By krazychris

I was but after all was said and done I got into Caledonian (not my first choice but I'm still excited about it)

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

Clearing dude, it might have a stigma, but if you get a little below, alot of universities even very respectable ones that require decent grades have places, don't fret. 
I never did my accommodation till I knew where I was heading, that was after results, I'm sure you'll find somewhere aswell.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By bjorno

the best part of university is paying assloads of money to attend classes you will sleep through the entirety of.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By imayellowfellow

im an incoming senior in high school and am completely lost  of where i wanna go. It might seem pretty normal i guess but kids at my school have been visiting colleges left and right and are prepping all their letters and apps already. 

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NukeSpoon
@Ineedaname said:
" Clearing dude, it might have a stigma, but if you get a little below, alot of universities even very respectable ones that require decent grades have places, don't fret.  I never did my accommodation till I knew where I was heading, that was after results, I'm sure you'll find somewhere aswell. "
The way I see it, if I don't end up in halls, meeting new people will be hella difficult. Which wouldn't be cool.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Absurd

Yes, I don't even want to think about it. I'm going into my last year of high school with no idea what I want to take or where I want to go...

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By cloneslayer
@bjorno said:
" the best part of university is paying assloads of money to attend classes you will sleep through the entirety of. "
so true

last semester I showed a up to my philosophy class five times total, the first day, 3 tests, and the final. Got an "A". Thanks college for teaching me shit!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK

If your roomates asks to touch your penis, just roll with it and call the police after

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Ineedaname
@NukeSpoon said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" Clearing dude, it might have a stigma, but if you get a little below, alot of universities even very respectable ones that require decent grades have places, don't fret.  I never did my accommodation till I knew where I was heading, that was after results, I'm sure you'll find somewhere aswell. "
The way I see it, if I don't end up in halls, meeting new people will be hella difficult. Which wouldn't be cool. "
I hear you on that, but are there not alot of halls? Mine are private, recommended by the Uni, met some incredible people, those same people I'll be sharing with next year, if you do get in, and you've not sorted it, ask the Uni, they'll more than likely help you out if they're taking your money.
Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm pretty excited for it. I'm going into my last year of high school and I already know what I want to do and where I want to go. Now it's just a matter of keeping my grades up and going through the application process/working out finances. Which, I guess, is the hardest part.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Im going into senior year of HS, and I dont know what the fuck I wanna do. I havent visited any colleges or anything. Although I am pretty smart with a high GPA and advanced classes. I need to start thinking about this :(

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

crazy, i'm going to community college. universities are crazy with how much money it cost per semester. my brother's cost $20,000 for him to go to school. 

53% of college students graduate in four years. it pretty low percent of college students. i heard it in a news paper saying that it should be a lot higher.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThomasP

You've come this far. Do your best and if you don't get accepted, take the opportunity to do some extra credits, courses, travel, work, etc... and apply again next year. Don't be discouraged. We all have struggles and they just make us stronger. Hold strong and this will be nothing but a pebble in the sea of life; give up and this could be a defining moment you look back upon with regret.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By goodwood
@iam3green said:
" crazy, i'm going to community college. universities are crazy with how much money it cost per semester. my brother's cost $20,000 for him to go to school. "

hells yes community college. I went to one for two years and now going to california state university Chico. Where are you people from that keep calling it uni?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By natetodamax

You are going to do horrible. Don't even bother.

Just kidding.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By elbon

the only thing I'm worry about is not getting the grant (my drinking money) other than that i looking forward to going back. If you hate the people you get stuck with in the student hall just do what i did and fart or piss on his pillow

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NukeSpoon
@Ineedaname said:
" @NukeSpoon said:
" @Ineedaname said:
The way I see it, if I don't end up in halls, meeting new people will be hella difficult. Which wouldn't be cool. "
I hear you on that, but are there not alot of halls? Mine are private, recommended by the Uni, met some incredible people, those same people I'll be sharing with next year, if you do get in, and you've not sorted it, ask the Uni, they'll more than likely help you out if they're taking your money. "
I fucked it up because I applied 4 days after the deadline. 4 days because that was the length of time it took them to send an email to say the deadline had passed. I know it was fool on my part but it would have been nice if they had sent me an email a week in advance of the deadline. Still, I tried applying to under-subscribed halls, hopefully that will count for something.
Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Carlos1408

I can't wait I'm really excited, even thought I got into my backup only lol, I'm all sorted, I know for sure I'll get in and accomodations are pretty much done. Can't wait for Uni.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By asurastrike

Hey I'm just curious, is it a European thing to refer to it as University? I live in the Bay Area and I swear I've only ever heard universities referred to as college.

Anyway, I'm starting my second year and I'm pretty excited. :P

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NukeSpoon
@Asurastrike said:
" Hey I'm just curious, is it a European thing to refer to it as University? I live in the Bay Area and I swear I've only ever heard universities referred to as college. "
Yep. Gets pretty confusing, as we have "sixth form colleges" as well, which is a level below.