Anyone ever seen Whale Wars?

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By skywing

I just started watching the show on animal planet, wholy crap these vegans are f'in crazy.  I don't know who pays for them to do any of this stuff but it makes for FUNNY TV. 

Here's the basic idea of the show.  It is fairly illegal to hunt whales all over the planet but certain exceptions are made, some native american tribes and scientists doing research.  Well this show deals with Japanese ships hunting down and killing whales in the name of 'science' and these hippy green peace rejects trying to stop the Japanese sailors from hunting the whales.  
Just check out this clip to see what I mean. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Fight fire with flowers.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I love watching this show, its fun watching amateurs try to hunt down giant whaling ships.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Im trying to understand their gameplan here. Dock next to a whaling ship and throw a brick at it, then get shot? Then ________. Then they stop hunting whales/profit.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By skywing
@ryanwho said:
" Im trying to understand their gameplan here. Dock next to a whaling ship and throw a brick at it, then get shot? Then ________. Then they stop hunting whales/profit. "
Thats what I'm trying to figure out.  It's not very clear.  I'm just happy that they post the episodes online.  That way I can watch em when I can.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Radar

I don't condone whaling but all they're doing is poking a beehive. It's like PETA burning down doctors and scientists offices for animal testing... they stopped nothing, ruined a lot of shit, and pissed off a lot of people.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It's funny that these people will "die for" the whales, yet I'm sure whales don't give two friggin whoops about the humans.

No Caption Provided
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Suicrat

Now, I'm not one for limiting humans' capacity to kill any animal, regardless of size or intelligence, but just thought I'd point out that many independent researchers have accused the Japanese authorities of selling the meat of whales in their domestic market, even those hunted for "scientific" purposes.

I just don't get the practice from a pure economic standpoint. I hear whalemeat tastes gross, plus it's hella-expensive to acquire.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

did the japanese throw grenades back? because something blew up in the air.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

I watched one episode, meh, let's just say it's not my favorite show in AP. .

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Ah, yes, the song with the bad Smashing Pumpkins theme song or whatever, about a group of ugly human beings being assholes to Japanese fishers. Yea, I've seen the commercials.