Are we trained for zombies?

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bighat_logan

In all zombie things the people in them don't seem to know what zombies are. There's always that opening of "Whats wrong with these people, are they crazy?" Do you think if there was a zombie outbreak in the real world, would we spot it right away? Instead of going to the guy that is obviously a zombie "Hey man are you okay?"  We would go "That guy is a zombie lets get out of here."

EDIT:
I'm not saying a zombie outbreak could happen or I'm preparing for one. I'm just asking do you think we'd be as stupid acting as people in the movies?

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bighat_logan
@Flawed_System said:

"That guy's a zombie! Let's kill him!"

Well pure avoidance is safer than taking on zombies head on.
bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bighat_logan
@Flawed_System said:

@bighat_logan said:

@Flawed_System said:

Well pure avoidance is safer than zombies on head on.

Then he has a chance to multiply. We should end it before the zombie rights activists catch wind of it. Then zombies will be everywhere...eating our food...marrying our children!

taking our jobs
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By stonyman65

Knowing what we know from Zombie culture, I think it would be pretty obvious what is going on. I'd guess we'd just be watching/reading the news like "yup. here we go!" and then get down to business and do what we've gotta do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Of all the apocalypses to train for, the zombocalypse one is the least likely.

Robocalypse is most likely.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bighat_logan
@Stonyman65 said:

Knowing what we know from Zombie culture, I think it would be pretty obvious what is going on. I'd guess we'd just be watching/reading the news like "yup. here we go!" and then get down to business and do what we've gotta do.

and what business is that?
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By stonyman65

@bighat_logan said:

@Stonyman65 said:

and what business is that?

Saving our own asses.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bighat_logan

If you could barricade yourself in one untouched store what would it be?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

Zombies arnt real. You arnt trained for somthing because you watch movies about it.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bighat_logan
@Dagbiker said:
Zombies arnt real. You arnt trained for somthing because you watch movies about it.
I'm just saying people in zombie movies never seem to know what a zombie is. We do know what zombies are, so we have a leg up.
Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

According to this Cracked article, not only are we prepared, but we would totally kick the zombies' asses. 

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By matthias2437

@bighat_logan said:

Honestly I generally hate Wal-Mart but if you were able to barricade yourself in a super wal-mart you could probably outlast the zombies. A ton of food, water, weapons, clothing, medical aid. Easily the best store to be trapped in during a zombie apocalypse.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngelN7

I'd die of laughter if a Zombie apocalypse happends , just for the thought of having a bunch hipsterish nerds fighting for us with their knowledge of zombies stuff.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Christoffer

I would still ask "Hey man, are you ok?", only get six bullets for my gun, and barricade my windows with cardboard. You got to have some excitement.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

Zombie Apocalypses and other invasions make me angry that I have fat family members. Everyone would be way too out of shape to run and they would make me feel bad for wanting to abandon them.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeF

@bighat_logan said:

In all zombie things the people in them don't seem to know what zombies are. There's always that opening of "Whats wrong with these people, are they crazy?" Do you think if there was a zombie outbreak in the real world, would we spot it right away? Instead of going to the guy that is obviously a zombie "Hey man are you okay?" We would go "That guy is a zombie lets get out of here."

but then people would feel too confident "hell yea, I've seen zombie movies and played tons of L4D, I can take out the Zedheads in the mall!" ... and end up dead anyway :)

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bighat_logan
@DeF said:

@bighat_logan said:

In all zombie things the people in them don't seem to know what zombies are. There's always that opening of "Whats wrong with these people, are they crazy?" Do you think if there was a zombie outbreak in the real world, would we spot it right away? Instead of going to the guy that is obviously a zombie "Hey man are you okay?" We would go "That guy is a zombie lets get out of here."

but then people would feel too confident "hell yea, I've seen zombie movies and played tons of L4D, I can take out the Zedheads in the mall!" ... and end up dead anyway :)

Well they are stupid for thinking playing a game prepared them for actual combat.
ashcrack1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ashcrack1087

I guess it depends if it's the retard slow zombies or I am Legend or 28 Days Later zombie type things.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I don't know about you guys, but I have been training for that shit my entire life.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kermoosh

i would drive to cosco, and start eating all the perishable foods. then build a community and start mating to ensure the human race survives. then i would pop out the door to find the army slaughtered all the zombies

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

Again, this is all racist bullshit. Why train for zombies? They're only gonna want you dead if you did something worth killing a man over.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ravenlight

I've been playing Left 4 Dead all week and feel pretty prepared as long as it's a Normal difficulty zombie apocalypse.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ducksworth

There would probably be a mad-dash for the closest grocery and/or gun store where things get ugly and a lot of people end up wiping themselves out before the Zombies can even get to them.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By breadfan

@bighat_logan said:

See that's the thing. The likelihood of an actual zombie outbreak is so unrealistic that if it did happen, people wouldn't see a dude shaming towards them and be all, "yo, that fools a zombie."

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TooSweet

I fought zombies last night in a game. So I'm ready. There was a series of Dark Horse Comics long ago where anything living got infected. So you had a full subway of rats infected and going after people. We could still be screwed if that were the case.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bighat_logan said:

@Flawed_System said:

@bighat_logan said:

@Flawed_System said:

Well pure avoidance is safer than zombies on head on.

Then he has a chance to multiply. We should end it before the zombie rights activists catch wind of it. Then zombies will be everywhere...eating our food...marrying our children!

taking our jobs
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gamefreak9

I'd like to say I don't interact with anyone unless I get verbal communcation with them beforehand... that should keep me pretty safe... unless the zombie talks... so if I see something weird and i'm asking someone if they are okay... I won't get lets say withing 5 meters... should give me enough room to run when they want to chase after me and eat me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Justin258

@matthias2437 said:

@bighat_logan said:

Honestly I generally hate Wal-Mart but if you were able to barricade yourself in a super wal-mart you could probably outlast the zombies. A ton of food, water, weapons, clothing, medical aid. Easily the best store to be trapped in during a zombie apocalypse.

To think realistically on this one, the best thing about locking yourself up in a Wal-Mart would be somewhere to go. I don't mean while running from zombies - they're locked out, remember - but getting away from other people. Four, five, six people in one cramped space easily breeds contempt even without the stress of a very literal death knocking on the door. A Wal-Mart would allow you to walk all over the store, look at things, sit down, take a nap, eat some food, read a book, etc., and I'm sure there would be something battery-powered laying about that you could fiddle with. Ration yourself properly and Wal-Mart is pretty much unquestionably the best place to board yourself up in incase of a zombie apocalypse, if you can keep the whole place properly boarded.

EDIT: And, as Cracked so kindly just pointed out to me., by the time you run out of food in that Wal-Mart, chances are that the zombies will have long since decayed and can't really move anymore, leaving you free to find your way out to another Wal-Mart.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've got a small arsenal of firearms. each month i add about 2 or 3 more. some of them have suppressors. i'm also certain that some of my guns can take down a terminator.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@AngelN7 said:

I'd die of laughter if a Zombie apocalypse happends , just for the thought of having a bunch hipsterish nerds fighting for us with their knowledge of zombies stuff.

Uneducated generalizations r bad k?

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vincent92

i wouldn't get to close to someone if they look like something wrong with them, i would ask if they were okay and if they start to make wierd noises then you run like hell

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

We'd definitely put up more of a fight, but a virus or something would spread very quickly. If, let's say, your mother was infected, your brain isn't programmed to go 'kill it, it's a mindless animal!' it's more programmed to go 'oh my god!'. Long story short, we all need to be heartless, remorseless trained killers if we're going to make it through.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By crazyleaves

FIrst of all, you guys talkin about going to Wal-Mart is the dumbest idea ever. You might barricade the door from Zombies but every other yokel is gonna break it down and rape you and your women. As far away from population is where it's at.

Mel Brook's son did his research and wrote one hell of a book about this stuff, you duders should read them. Nuclear bombs just make radiated Zeds btw.

I got my bug out bag and a place to go in the country. So I'm totally ready.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By aspaceinvader

In estimated 30 days a zombie style infection would destroy the world, so no you might survive beyond 30 days but you eventually be killed by overwhelming numbers.