• 69 results
J4c_Th3_RIpp3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By J4c_Th3_RIpp3r

I am just fucking hyped for it. I don't know if this is weird, but I'm most looking forward to playing current gen games on the next-gen with better frame rate/features w.e. before you guys tell me to play on the PC instead, let me just say I don't prefer that because it is very easy to use cheats, or console commands, on single player games, like skyrim and etc. And I can't resist from using them, even though they ruin experience. Most of all, I can't wait for the cloud gaming thing.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange

I'm pretty damn hyped too! It is pretty neat to see how far we have come in the past six years and you have to wonder what the next batch of consoles will be able to do.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yes. Not much more to say than that. Software, hardware, E3 2013, major disappointments and surprises. Looking forward to all of that.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

No.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Klei

I already have it. It's on my PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm more stoked for lunch. But yeah, sure. Game consoles could be neat.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

Not really. I don't usually buy next gen hardware until a year or two after launch, so all it means for me is a year or two of games I won't be able to play.

If I had my way I'd keep this gen going for awhile longer. There's still plenty they can do with current gen hardware.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

There's zero information about them yet so it's impossible to be excited for them. Make this thread again after E3 and we will can talk.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As long as the next Xbox has backwards compatibility with 360 games (Retail and XBLA) I'm stoked.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

Not especially. I'll definitely be hyped once I see the games for those systems, but the systems themselves don't excite me much. I don't plan on buying a new system until it's got the exclusive games to back it up. YOU HEAR ME WIIU! YOU WON'T GET A DIME OUT OF ME UNTIL BAYONETTA 2 IS ON SHELVES!!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By killacam

why are next-gen consoles going to play current-gen games better? when has this ever been the case?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravenlight

@Klei said:

I'm excited that a new console generation will mean that PC ports aren't being held back because they're developed for such old hardware.

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By feliciano182

If it's not too much bother, can anyone explain me what's happening with microsoft in terms of next-gen ?

Even though I might not be giving much consideration to the idea of moving forward with microsoft, PC has demonstrated to be superior, but I can't make the leap until my economy improves............dramatically.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JZ

Ehhh

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By freakin9

No, not at all. If you think about the PC games that really push things it's not even that big a leap from what consoles have now. And yes I'm aware the next-gen will probably use "future hardware" but it's to be expected when the last gen tried to do the same thing after lagging behind the pc for so long.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Sooty

@freakin9 said:

No, not at all. If you think about the PC games that really push things it's not even that big a leap from what consoles have now. And yes I'm aware the next-gen will probably use "future hardware" but it's to be expected when the last gen tried to do the same thing after lagging behind the pc for so long.

The first Crysis is a huge leap over anything on console right now, and that came out in 2007. If consoles weren't neutering PC (specifically the 360 with its stupid 8.5GB disc usage) PC would be even more ahead.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By FancySoapsMan

not at the moment, no.

Will probably change if I get a job anytime soon though.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colourful_hippie

Not until I hear solid facts about the machine, not rumors.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dungbootle

yeah man

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ducksworth

I will once I see some games I gotta have.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hitchenson

@Ravenlight said:

@Klei said:

I'm excited that a new console generation will mean that PC ports aren't being held back because they're developed for such old hardware.

Yep, pretty much. I'm excited for it but I sure as hell ain't getting a console in the next cycle for a good long time into their lifespan (if at all).

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By briggs713

I genuinely am excited, which is odd because there's still so many great-looking games on my radar coming out for current-gen (Bioshock, DMC, Tomb Raider). I think mostly I'd really like for some of the games I'm playing now just to run a heck of a lot more smoothly while still looking great.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Whitestripes09

What's there to be excited about really? I think I'm more excited about the last few current gen games coming out soon next year and I hope that the current gen lasts a good year or two more just so developers aren't pressured into having to make games for next gen launch. it also means if I want to experience the console exclusives I'm going to have to shell out whatever ridiculous price for a new next gen console. I feel that honestly I'm more scared about what next gen is going to bring and that probably I'm going to stick with PC and use the money I would buying a new console to upgrading my PC.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PillClinton

@Hitchenson said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Klei said:

Yep, pretty much. I'm excited for it but I sure as hell ain't getting a console in the next cycle for a good long time into their lifespan (if at all).

Same here, gonna wait for a price drop or two and nice batch of exclusives before I get a next-gen console. All the cross-plat stuff (which fortunately is most games) will be available on PC, with pure digital distribution, likely cheaper prices (and sales), and probably better performance with a half decent rig after the next GPU generation hits.

But I am just generally pumped for all the drama and excitement the announcements will bring at E3. That's always a fun time.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By tourgen

hyped for the Oculus Rift and how it might be integrated with next gen consoles

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Acura_Max

I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do next.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rainbowkisses

meh

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morningstar

Yes!

J4c_Th3_RIpp3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By J4c_Th3_RIpp3r

@killacam:

Most of the previous gen games have better performance on the current gen. One of those is metal gear solid HD collection. Metal Gear Solid 3 ran in 30 fps on the PS2, where on current system it runs on 60 with imporved AA.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By killacam

@J4c_Th3_RIpp3r said:

@killacam:

Most of the previous gen games have better performance on the current gen. One of those is metal gear solid HD collection. Metal Gear Solid 3 ran in 30 fps on the PS2, where on current system it runs on 60 with imporved AA.

so.. the handful of HD rereleases. great. yeah. that's a hell of reason to buy a $600 machine. on top of that. a good number of them play terribly (Silent Hill is the most obvious). Anyways I don't consider those previous-gen games in the stricter sense, as they are basically rebuilt from the ground up.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NiKva

I don't want a next gen console yet.

I still have many games to enjoy from this gen!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ

Not really, it just means I'll feel tempted to spend money on a shitty launch console and their shitty launch games. Ugh.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By ajamafalous

I want it to happen so that PC games aren't held back anymore because they're still being developed for seven year old hardware.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperCycle

I've started buying full games off of PSN, my hope is that the new playstation will have the same store and that all the games that I've purchased digitally will be playable on the new system. I've heard rumours that there will be no backwards compatibility for discs on the playstation 4 though, so that's really the only reason why I hesitate in saying that I'm excited for a new system. I don't really know anything about it to become excited.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By monkeyking1969

I'm interested in the next generation of consoles most because PCs are still a pain in the buttocks to deal with. Every game you load on a PC is a crap-shoot to see if it runs, with consoles only 1/10 of them are that sort of crap shoot. Oh, I'll buy a gaming PC in 2013, but I probably will do more 'animation/movie' production on it then gaming. The only game I really want that won't be on consoles is SimCity.

This generation of consoles is long in the tooth, so I'm actually surprised the gaming world has been so patient. It really does come down to the development community being very conservative because of the economy. They don't WANT to sell into an install base of 1 million machines...they want to sell into a base of tens of millions of machines. There of course have been issues where games have come out that really never should have come put on these consoles, but most developers adjusted because it was in their favor not to push for a switch. On the other hand, I think publkishers see the balance shifting into a new generation spurring sales more then trying to milk it longer with current hardware.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#36  Edited By Sin4profit

Always be curiously cautious.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#37  Edited By galiant

I look forward to reading and hearing about it, but I'm not sure I'll be getting a new console this generation...

But that could all change depending on exclusives, as per usual.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CaLe

Oh yes. I like new things.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not particularly. I haven't seen that one game that's gonna make me scream "YES!".

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I was excited for next gen consoles 2 years ago and I still am, I want to see what talented studios like Naughty Dog, Bethesda Softworks, Epic Games and Rockstar can do when given much more freedom to create bigger and better games.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#41  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Still a bit early to get excited about something we know pretty much nothing about. Once they start showing something then I'll get on the hype train.

Thanatos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thanatos3

Ill be exited when PCs that play games well become affordable to me. Consoles suck when they are released. Always have been since the days of PS2.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Khadyn

@Zeik said:

Not really. I don't usually buy next gen hardware until a year or two after launch, so all it means for me is a year or two of games I won't be able to play.

If I had my way I'd keep this gen going for awhile longer. There's still plenty they can do with current gen hardware.

I'm in the same boat...

Launch titles tend to be just meh and I have yet to catch up on the current titles released for the X360 / PS3 (about a year behind on games /sigh)...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By penguindust

Honestly, more curious than hyped. I've heard a lot of rumors regarding the next gen from Sony & Microsoft so I am interested in seeing what the final version will really look like. There are still some franchises not available on PC, so there is a reason to have a console still and I like the ease of use with a console. I prefer PC gaming for most of my needs but I still spend a lot of time playing console games because they're hooked up to my TV. I am not ready to plug a gaming-quality PC into my home theater set up. I don't have the space nor do I want to have a couple of power-batteries behind my entertainment center.

Deadbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Deadbay

I'm still enjoying this generation. I hope it doesn't come too soon.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Terramagi

I'm excited in that I want to see how badly it's jacked.

Sort of like watching a train wreck, 8 years in the making.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By theguy

I'm excited to see my PC ports a little less held back.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KevinK

@Deadbay said:

Come too soon? This last console generation is the longest ever. We would of had new consoles two years ago if the economy hadn't crashed. Or a new Xbox last year if Microsoft hadn't released Kinect.

Deadbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Deadbay

@KevinK said:

@Deadbay said:

Come too soon? This last console generation is the longest ever. We would of had new consoles two years ago if the economy hadn't crashed. Or a new Xbox last year if Microsoft hadn't released Kinect.

What are you in a rush for? There's still many great games coming out and expected to come out.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KevinK

@Deadbay said:

@KevinK said:

@Deadbay said:

What are you in a rush for? There's still many great games coming out and expected to come out.

I'm primarily a PC gamer. I'm sick of all games being Unreal Engine 3 DirectX 9 games made for seven year old Xbox 360s with DVD drives. So, the sooner that new consoles come out the better.

But, I don't understand how anybody can think that next-gen is "rushed" when these consoles are old as hell. These consoles are doing things that they were never intended for. Far Cry 3, case in point.