• 69 results
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PillClinton

@KevinK: I completely agree, but the one thing I'm a bit nervous about, if Xbox games are no longer going to be limited to tiny DVD capacity next gen, is download sizes. It's already getting a bit crazy with even held-back-by-console games getting multi-disc releases on 360 and 15ish gigs seemingly becoming the norm for big budget cross platform games. I'm still totally ready to finally bid good riddance to these current gen machines, but I fear for my bandwidth, and hard drives.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By haggis

I'm curious, rather than excited. I'm interested in seeing what features Sony and Microsoft are going to push, and how much power they have compared to the current gen. I think it will be fun to dig into the details. But we don't actually have any of those details yet, and probably won't for months.

I won't get excited until I start seeing some in-game footage from the big-budget release window games, especially some new IPs. Until then, meh.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Fearbeard

Yes, these consoles simply can not keep up anymore. PC is always going to be a step above but right now it's not even close. Halo 4 shows that the 360 can still be gorgeous but few game devs are going to be willing to spend that effort on a console exclusive.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Draxyle

Sort of. It will be nice for consoles to hit that sweet spot where any further processor power is mostly unnecessary. But at the same time, if development costs don't go down, then I will probably not care about anything that comes out of the big budget franchises. We've seen nearly every genre disappear from big budget publishers due to them not having enough "broad appeal" to sell the tens of millions needed to break even; what else is there besides shooters and action games in the 60 dollar range this gen? Not very much. Even more powerful consoles will only require even more labor and would only exacerbate the problem.

Basically, I don't care about the graphical power. I just want new and interesting ideas and stories, and a new console generation won't automatically bring that along. Of course, if the new consoles provide heavily for downloadable titles and sub 30 dollar priced games, then that might nullify everything I just said. Having near-fully digital consoles might help give interesting mid-tier games a place in the next gen.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By BigBoss1911

@J4c_Th3_RIpp3r said:

I am just fucking hyped for it. I don't know if this is weird, but I'm most looking forward to playing current gen games on the next-gen with better frame rate/features w.e. before you guys tell me to play on the PC instead, let me just say I don't prefer that because it is very easy to use cheats, or console commands, on single player games, like skyrim and etc. And I can't resist from using them, even though they ruin experience. Most of all, I can't wait for the cloud gaming thing.

Thats a really REALLY stupid reason not to be a pc gamer.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait. WiiU's already got me hyped.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By agentboolen
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By warxsnake

As a developer YES 
MORE MEMORY PLEASE. A lot of what people complain about in games is a direct link to insane memory bottlenecks on the ps3; although I am talking about games that need it the most, not scripted corridor games like uncharted or cod. 

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Draxyle

@warxsnake said:

As a developer YES MORE MEMORY PLEASE. A lot of what people complain about in games is a direct link to insane memory bottlenecks on the ps3; although I am talking about games that need it the most, not scripted corridor games like uncharted or cod.

I will concede to that for sure. I can only imagine what open world games will become when those ram/memory limitations are greatly lifted. No more weird scenarios where the streets end up completely empty in games like GTA; you can actually make traffic jams happen without only repeated objects. I would also imagine AI getting some room to breathe in that respect as well.

I do hope that those are the directions developers focus on for next gen (for the games that could actually use it). It will certainly help open the entire field to more density either way.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ares42

Not so much that I'm excited about the new stuff than I'm "done" with the old. The playstation OS is just a mess to work with, and the new store is barely usable. Also, I see no reason in owning an xbox anymore which they might address if they're doing a new console (read: new exclusives). But other than that I'm just tired of crappy framerates, long loadtimes and every time I've been playing a game on my console I get super surprised when I go back to a PC game and it looks so much slicker.

SimplyTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SimplyTron

I am more hyped for the coverage from this site, the podcasts where they break the new shit down.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sanity

Na, i'v decided im not getting any of the new consoles right away. Sticking with pc gaming as thats what i like. I'll pick up a new video card next year if i need it but thats about it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Ben_H

Nope. I'll be sticking with the PC/3DS combo. 

If I get anything, it will be a Wii U, and only for Pikmin.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By tomance

Yes, mostly because I feel like the consoles are on their last legs now. They are really being pushed to their limits. We know that powerful PCs can push the games more (and they pretty much universally look better already) but the consoles kind of put a limit on that. Once we get into the next generation PC games will start getting better as well.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By Time_Lord

Yes I don't use my PS3 for any more except for exclusives if I can buy a game on PC I will because it always runs better.

aretak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By aretak

Not really. I can't help but feel things are going to get so much worse in terms of restrictive DRM, DLC and online passes. I hope that Sony at least stick with their region free policy.

I can certainly see myself doing a lot more gaming on my PC though.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Clonedzero

absolutely.

plus it'll calm down the rabid PC elitism thats running amok on giantbomb lately. its getting pretty gross guys.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KevinK

@Clonedzero said:

absolutely.

plus it'll calm down the rabid PC elitism thats running amok on giantbomb lately. its getting pretty gross guys.

As opposed to the "PC gaming is dead" bullshit that circulates everywhere 1-2 years after a new console generation comes out?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69  Edited By Cincaid

Currently happy with my monster PC I bought in November, and haven't touched my 360 since then. A shame, since I still have a lot of unplayed games for it and some really nice friends on Live, but it just can't compare to playing on the PC.

Still, I'm extremely excited to see Internet reactions and coverage from Giant Bomb when Sony and Microsoft reveal their next consoles. Will one of them stand out as superior, or will they be somewhat comparable? What type of games, and maybe some exciting exclusives? What will happen to Wii U sales and userbase? Many interesting things to follow, even if I doubt I'll run out and buy a new console day one.