Ariel Castro Committed Suicide

• 70 results
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

hahah a massive coward. who could have guessed. the perfect and fitting end to a vile human being. the world is a slightly brighter place.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Devil240Z

Never heard of him.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hermann Goehring style

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Totally unsurprising. The man was a two-faced cowardly piece of shit and one of the very worst people to walk this planet.

I do feel for the survivors, as I don't think this is the punishment they wanted for him. It's almost like they got cheated again. :(

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

He should not have been the one to decide to end his own life. That choice should have been made for him, and it's a choice that should have been enforced.

I don't get people who want the death penalty, it's far more punishing to give them a miserable existence than outright killing them. Put them in a cell with another inmate, feed them but never let them out of it, ever.

Now that would be pretty horrible. Put them in alone if overcrowding wouldn't be an issue.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I feel completely indifferent toward this. However, I do feel happiness for the three women who are free to live their lives now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was flipping through channels earlier and on Fox News they were asking people to tweet them which prisoners should kill themselves as well to save tax payer money. I just...sat in shock when I saw that.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By golguin

@sooty said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

He should not have been the one to decide to end his own life. That choice should have been made for him, and it's a choice that should have been enforced.

I don't get people who want the death penalty, it's far more punishing to give them a miserable existence than outright killing them. Put them in a cell with another inmate, feed them but never let them out of it, ever.

Now that would be pretty horrible. Put them in alone if overcrowding wouldn't be an issue.

If making a person suffer is the point of keeping them in a cell then why not torture the person for a week and then execute them? If there is zero doubt a person committed a heinous act then why not get rid of them? How is wasting resources on their continued life a good idea when it's already been decided the person will never be a part of society thanks to the life sentence?

I'd much rather execute people who were convicted under 100% undeniable evidence (not talking about people who were convicted with bad forensic evidence decades ago and should be set free) and use the money we save toward education.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sooty said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

I think you read that wrong. I was saying he shouldn't have been able to make his own choice, not that he absolutely should have been given the death penalty. I wouldn't be opposed to him being given a death sentence, but I wasn't wishing for it either.

All I am saying is that he should not have been allowed to die on his own terms.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_152 said:

We must also remember that in committing suicide Castro managed to escape the punishment that he was legally assigned, and I think you have to answer difficult questions when you start celebrating people subverting the legal system.

You are misconstruing what his punishment was. His punishment was time removed from freedom, not time subjected to whatever depravity we endorse in our prisons. Prison is not the objective of punishment, it's merely a logical necessity for people removed from society and freedom. Ariel Castro is not a free man, so how on earth has he escaped punishment?

Prison, jail and fines are not the objective of our justice system, they're merely ways in which we restrict rights for those who didn't hold up their responsibilities (ie; follow the laws). It's the removal of rights that is the punishment, not that we've cooked up delicious sufferings to subject people to, and for some reason it's 'okay' because the subject of torture is a criminal. If anyone would be happier with Castro rotting away in a cell, they'd probably be happier with Castro was in solitary, and probably be happier he was in a 4x6 box, and probably be happier that he was beaten every day, and probably be happier if his bones were broken regularly, and probably be happier if his skin was flayed off. Congratulations, you're a torturer. And now you are completely morally neutral with Ariel Castro.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It just baffles me that he wasn't on suicide watch. Seems unbelievable that he was only being checked every 30mins.

To me it seems to undermine the prison and justice system if life-sentence criminals are allowed to kill themselves. It makes no sense that a criminal justice system that sentences people to life +1000 years then lets people kill themselves within a month inside. To the people who are saying it is moot whether a lifer lives or dies I would say that the whole point of sentencing someone to life+1000 years is that you are saying they should spend the rest of their life inside, not check out when they feel like it.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks that we live in a world where the series of events that lead to this are possible.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

@mariachimacabre said:

@sarahsdad said:

@collywolly said:

It is good that tax payer money wont be wasted on sustaining this guy in prison for 40 years. I don't celebrate his death, but it gets my nod of approval, and then we move on with our lives.

Yes.

Well the average death row inmate costs the taxpayers more than the average lifer, so...

I could be incorrect or horribly out of date, but my understanding for years has been that this is a largely estimated figure based on the average number of appeals, time spent in court, lawyers fees, etc. for most death row inmates, as opposed to an absolute figure.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

You humans are so pathetic. This thread makes me sick.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i should watch the news more i guess.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good riddance

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By vaiz

People who refer to other people as 'you humans' like they're some sort of superior being make me sick, go fuck yourself.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#68  Edited By Video_Game_King
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude said:

People who refer to other people as 'you humans' like they're some sort of superior being make me sick, go fuck yourself.

Your overreaction at a joke is clear evidence that I am in fact superior.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By jakob187

Good. Fuck him and feed him fish guts.

Either you get your day in court to prove your innocence...or the guilt eats away at you and you save some taxpayer dollars.