Edited 7 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight, which one did you love more? (61 votes)

Before Sunrise! 25%
Before Sunset! 23%
Before Midnight! 13%
Show me the results. 39%

Of the movie franchise which one did you love more? And why?

#1 Posted by Kidavenger (3483 posts) -

I've only seen the first one and I can't remember a thing about it other than I liked it, I didn't even know they did a third one until just now, it would be interesting watching them all back to back.

#2 Posted by captain_max707 (476 posts) -

For playing games, waking up before sunrise is very nice. It's dark, quiet, and I'm not super tired!

#3 Edited by Nightriff (4857 posts) -

I've never heard of this... are you talking about the physical thing or a media called before x, before y, before z?

#4 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -

I've never heard of this... are you talking about the physical thing or a media called before x, before y, before z?

It's a movie franchise. Sorry to have confused you. ahah

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4857 posts) -
#6 Edited by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

All of them are great, but Before Sunset is, in my opinion, the best of the three.

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8382 posts) -

Wait, you're talking about actually watching a sunrise, a sunset, or the sky at midnight, right?

Because clearly sunset is the best of those options.

#8 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1579 posts) -

I liked all of them, but I gotta go with the original.

#9 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -

@jeust: Is it any good?

I liked it a lot. They are all superbly acted and portray very well the phases of life, from teenage years to near middle age. And they are full of awesome lines and parts that really delve into interesting topics. If you're interested in hearing thoughtful conversation you should see it.

#10 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -

@captain_max707: nice one :)

Wait, you're talking about actually watching a sunrise, a sunset, or the sky at midnight, right?

It's a movie franchise, sorry!

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4857 posts) -

@jeust said:

@nightriff said:

I liked it a lot. They are all superbly acted and portray very well the phases of life, from teenage years to near middle age. And they are full of awesome lines and parts that really delve into interesting topics. If you're interested in hearing thoughtful conversation you should see it.

Might have to get them to watch with the wife. All have gotten great reviews.

#12 Posted by Clonedzero (4036 posts) -

i voted before sunset because i like when the sky gets all nice, crisp and mellow.

Then i realized you were talking about the movies....WOOPS!

#13 Edited by Jeust (10448 posts) -

@nightriff said:

@jeust said:

@nightriff said:

Might have to get them to watch with the wife. All have gotten great reviews.

Yeah, the movies are awesome, and a sympton of such a chemistry in roles and in the movies is that there is a LOT of articles argue about a possible relationship between Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, that was categorically dismissed by the two many times. They act so well together... Personally I think they deserved an Oscar for their performance in the roles.

Having looked Wikipedia, they did receive an Oscar nomination for co-writing Before Sunset in 2004.

#14 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Before Tomorrow!

Whatever time is before tomorrow. Best of times.

#15 Edited by Jeust (10448 posts) -

@kidavenger said:

I've only seen the first one and I can't remember a thing about it other than I liked it, I didn't even know they did a third one until just now, it would be interesting watching them all back to back.

I've done it and it was awesome, although the last one is a bit of a downer, more of a desillusioned view of family and life.

#16 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

I don't think everyone understands the question lol

#17 Posted by Sinusoidal (1260 posts) -

I saw about half of one of them. I can't abide the pseudo-philosophical-conversation-for-an-hour-and-a-half genre of movie. I'd rather watch the entirety of Warhol's "Sleep".

#18 Edited by Jeust (10448 posts) -

@bigboss1911 said:

I don't think everyone understands the question lol

Yeah but I mentioned I was talking about a movie franchise.

#19 Edited by DeadpanCakes (765 posts) -

"Dude, I have a pretty bad case of insomnia so I'm only ever around for midnight."

Anyway, I'm so glad I read other people's responses before I posted, 'cause I woulda said that, not realizing you were actually talking about movies.

#20 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2477 posts) -

Before Sunset is my favourite. They're all enjoyable, but Before Sunset has an endearing quality to it that makes it very re-watchable for me.

#21 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

I loved the first one best, but the other ones are dang good too. I can't imagine too many people on Giant Bomb have watched them.

#22 Edited by Shaunage (677 posts) -

I went with the original, but all three are incredible. Before Midnight is still just about my favourite movie all year.

#23 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

tI try to keep up on much loved moves or well reviewed ones and hadn't heard of this series until seeing this post so I think I'll try and track them down to watch them in the near future. Thanks OP

#24 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Before midnight, because I get to stop working at midnight.

I have no idea what this is referencing.

#25 Posted by SubwayD (471 posts) -
#26 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

Before Midnight fell into that Linklater trouble of being waaaay too slow. I liked Before Sunrise.

#27 Edited by biggiedubs (493 posts) -

@canteu said:

Before midnight, because I get to stop working at midnight.

I have no idea what this is referencing.

@jeust said: Of the movie franchise which one did you love more? And why?

I looked at the opening post for you. You're welcome.

Not seen any of these, but will definitely get around to it at some point though.

#28 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@biggiedubs: I chose to ignore the opening post for you. You know, for jokes. But, no, nevermind, jokes are too hard for people on these forums.

#29 Posted by Random45 (995 posts) -

@jeust said:

@captain_max707: nice one :)

@truthtellah said:

It's a movie franchise, sorry!

Haha, well crap, I voted thinking it was the literal thing. Might want to clarify it a bit in the title.

#30 Edited by NTM (7233 posts) -

Before sunrise. Oh wait... This isn't literally. Oh, if that's the case, I have no idea what this is about. I didn't read the question about a movie until I posted either. I feel like this poll will be off.

#31 Posted by Nasar7 (2582 posts) -

I liked Before Sunrise the best as I've actually been in that situation before and could relate. I have yet to experience Before Sunset.

#32 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2855 posts) -

ohhhh

This is some kind of series huh?

#33 Posted by biggiedubs (493 posts) -

=@canteu said:

@biggiedubs: I chose to ignore the opening post for you. You know, for jokes. But, no, nevermind, jokes are too hard for people on these forums.

You should probably make your jokes funnier then. Can't really blame me for not getting an unfunny joke, to be honest.

I thought you were just being snarky and posting after only looking at the title.

#34 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@biggiedubs: I never said it was a funny joke. OH WELL