• 76 results
#1 Edited by Arceion (215 posts) -

Today I got myself a copy of Xenogears black label for ps1 for 30$. I looked all over ebay and amazon and they go for about 90-150$. I think I got a really good deal I have never played this game before but I hear nothing but good things about it. Anyways I just wanna know what you guys have got for deals when it comes to video games?!

#2 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11421 posts) -

Through a combination of Circuit City going out of business, and my using the last of my (well, technically was it was my dad's) Circuit City points to get money off, I got Stranglehold, Ninja Gaiden II, Devil May Cry, and Devil May Cry 3 for $3? Three or four. Again, that was with using the equivalent of a coupon, so I'm not really sure if that counts. And yes, that is a fairly strange group of games, but when Circuit City went out of business, you didn't ask questions, you just grabbed what you could.

Then there was the time when I bought a NES, three regular controllers, a Zapper (orange), a "flight stick" (that looks flight-stick-ish, but isn't one, of course), a Game Genie, and about thirty games for $40. And it all came in a cardboard box. But I bought that from a friend of mine, so again, kinda cheating a little bit here.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

I got Halo reach on amazon for 30$ when it was fairly new.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (5055 posts) -
#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Aside from things that I've gotten for free (some worth quite a bit of coin), I just got Forza 3 for 5 bucks. Pretty pumped about that.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Alpha Protocol for 2 (or was it 1?) dollars comes to mind. 
God bless Steam.

#7 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

I got both Max Payne games for 5$ when they were very old, but that's still a deal for such amazing games.

Dudeglove and InfamousBig also gave me bundles of games for free which was fucking awesome.

#8 Posted by BaneFireLord (2958 posts) -

$20 dollars for Oblivion. While not an amazingly low price, I did spend over a week's worth of hours playing that game, so that's a pretty good deal in my book. 
Also, I paid $2 each for Alpha Protocol, Company of Heroes and KOTOR on Steam.

#9 Posted by Pink_o_mat (206 posts) -

Outside of humble indie bundles (the new one is AMAZING!) I bought Civ 4 Complete for 10$ on steam.

#10 Posted by csl316 (9526 posts) -

Psychonauts was like a dollar on Steam at one point.

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Minecraft when it was alpha.

#12 Posted by Raven10 (1926 posts) -

I own a mint condition copy of The Ultima Collection which I got for $25 or so. On Ebay a mint copy usually goes for over $100. Mind you my version is complete even with registration card and copies of just the disc in a random jewel case go for more than $25. So that is probably the best deal. I also have a mint complete copy of Daggerfall which I got for $30 and usually goes for over $100 on ebay. Half Price Books is a gold mine. You never know what you get going in there. 99% of the time its all crap. Every couple years you go in there and come out with a deal like that. I have a couple other really old and somewhat valuable games that I got there for under $10. Like I have a sealed big box copy of Alone in the Dark I got for like $2 that is worth $50 or so on Ebay. So I guess that is a good deal as well. Actually I might have opened it. But assuming I didn't it is worth that much.

#13 Posted by Jazzycola (658 posts) -

Umm I got a buncha PS3 titles on the Retail Loyalty site for $10. I got God of War 3 about 2 months after it came out on there. Apart from that site. I've gotten Metro 2033, Cryostasis and Resident Evil 5 for free on PC. Although I got those because I bought a new GPU. Also I can count the amount of hours I've spent playing those on one hand.

#14 Posted by SSully (4343 posts) -

I got The Orange Box when it was released for normal price. Best damn value ever.

#15 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

Half Life 2 for $3

#16 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

The newest humble indie bundle. Even if you gave $100 it would still be a pretty killer deal for all you get. And since most people day the average (about $8) for all you get you seriously can not beat it.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16186 posts) -

I got the Halo Reach Legendary edition for $49.99 back when the limited edition was going for $79.99 and the Legendary was still $149.99.

#18 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

The newest humble indie bundle. Even if you gave $100 it would still be a pretty killer deal for all you get. And since most people day the average (about $8) for all you get you seriously can not beat it.

Agreed.

#19 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

$20 dollars for Oblivion. While not an amazingly low price, I did spend over a week's worth of hours playing that game, so that's a pretty good deal in my book. Also, I paid $2 each for Alpha Protocol, Company of Heroes and KOTOR on Steam.

I got Oblivion for around £15, which is like 17-19 dollars (I'm not sure), and is probably the only TES I would actually still enjoy playing since there is stuff in that game I still haven't done and I've spent over 300 hours over several different characters.

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Probably a steam sale, couldn't tell you which though.

#21 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

I don't know if I ever "got" a great game. I have gotten several awesome ones.

#22 Posted by allworkandlowpay (873 posts) -

About a year after the PS3 was released I bought a near mint condition special edition Motorstorm 80gb PS3 with two games and an extra controller for about $80.

Gotta love Trenton crack heads.

#23 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

I got Enslaved for $2.

How did you pull that off? That was a pretty good game, I enjoyed it.

Anyways, I got Final Fantasy XIII for $10 at Best Buy when Final Fantasy XIII-2 came out. They always run deals on previous iterations of a game when a new game in the franchise comes out. But anyways, just this week I sold it back to them for $12! Lolololol. All of this week they were doing 100% bonus trade-in credit on all games. And this is why if you still go to Gamestop, you should stop immediately.

#24 Posted by Daveyo520 (7010 posts) -

The current Humble Bundle is pretty great.

#25 Posted by FilipHolm (669 posts) -

@SSully said:

I got The Orange Box when it was released for normal price. Best damn value ever.

#26 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Mount&Blade: Warband for like £5, and I played that game for 450 hours and loved it. I cannot think of a better cost:time value I've ever had with a game.

#27 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

About 25$ for Fallout 3 after about two weeks after release.

#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6450 posts) -

Buying a thousand pounds worth of games for £17. Goddamn Gamersgate :D

#29 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I've spent 400 dollars on Steam for about 60 games. Most of them are AAA, so on average I pay less than 7 dollars per game. Can they all be the best deal? :D

@Atlas said:

Mount&Blade: Warband for like £5, and I played that game for 450 hours and loved it. I cannot think of a better cost:time value I've ever had with a game.

This one has to be the biggest one for me too, though. Some duder recommended it when it went on sale and I sank about 50 hours into it in the first few days.

#30 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I downloaded Steam for free.

If we take rentals into account here, I played Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 and Saints Row the Third for 1 dollar this January.

I signed up for a 3 month blockbuster delivery trial for free. Played Enslaved, Saints Row 2, Mirror's Edge, MLB the Show 2011, and got Nier, but don't think I'm gonna actually play it.

#31 Posted by KillerPidgeon (64 posts) -

GTA Vice City on PC for £0.79 during a Steam sale

#32 Posted by SomeJerk (3403 posts) -

A fully functional JAMMA ready arcade cabinet for $150 with excess peripherals and a DECO board I sold for $90.

..why the fuck did I sell it?! :(

#33 Posted by Harkat (1122 posts) -

Humble Indie Bundle V, especially after the surprise extra games.

#34 Posted by Getz (3160 posts) -

Sin and Punishment 2 for 5 bucks

#35 Posted by Zleunamme (706 posts) -

$36 dollars for Fallout 3 collectors edition at a gamestop. It came in a lunch box with an art book, making of dvd and a bobble head. $8 dollars for Ratchet and Clank Future A crack in time. It was on clearance at a Target.

#36 Posted by Jeust (10864 posts) -

Geeting the Binding of Isaac as part of one of the Humble Bundles. I played it for months!

#37 Posted by Dixavd (1381 posts) -
#38 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Jazzycola said:

Umm I got a buncha PS3 titles on the Retail Loyalty site for $10. I got God of War 3 about 2 months after it came out on there. Apart from that site. I've gotten Metro 2033, Cryostasis and Resident Evil 5 for free on PC. Although I got those because I bought a new GPU. Also I can count the amount of hours I've spent playing those on one hand.

I remember when they were free. Loved it. I was a quiz taking machine. Got a bunch of free PSP and PS3 games. So awesome.

#39 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

Back in the day I bought a Dreamcast, 2 controllers, and 4 games including Shenmue for $60 from a friend of mine who was going through a rough patch. I'm not sure who fleeced whom there, but I played the crap out of that thing until it stopped reading discs. I had to leave the lid open and push the door latch sensor down with a mangled paperclip, but it worked.

#40 Edited by Nilazz (639 posts) -

GTA IV and a xbox 360 elite for $1, now that's a good deal, on the release day of GTA IV.

#41 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

I got a free copy of Bayonetta when i bought Vanquish, can't beat free games :D

#42 Posted by ashleychittock (135 posts) -

When GAME went into administration here in the UK they temporarily went a bit mental (read: actually not unreasonable for a change) with their prices. Got about ten games for fifty pounds, including gears 3, arkham asylum, darksiders, forza 3 and a bunch more.

#43 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

There have been a lot of good steam sales but but my best would probably be Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for -$7. It was on a special sale on amazon for I think $20 and by trading in Killzone 3 regular I got $27 so it's like they gave me $7 to buy it.

#44 Posted by Akyho (1700 posts) -

I bought Stranglehold for £3 I played it until it became a realy bad game. A month later I traded it in to the same shop I bought it. I was given £5. £2 PROFIT!!

#45 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@SSully said:

This is the right answer!

#46 Posted by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

Crisis 2 for $2. Maybe Dragon Age Ultimate + Dragon Age II for $11 was even with that.

#47 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

Probably the GTA pack for 30€ on Steam.

#48 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

When I got the 4 pack of booarderlands GOTY on Steam for $60. Hours of good fun with three of my friends for cheap!

#49 Posted by gunstar (254 posts) -

Age of Empires 3 for a dime?

Or: 7-11 near me was gonna stop selling/getting in new videogames because no one was buying them. I picked up Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock 2, and Lego Rock Band the year they came out for $30 total.

#50 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Between Steam Sales and Humble Bundles, I've gotten tons of games for sub-double-digit prices.