Bigfoot

Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bluemouth

What are your opinions on Bigfoot? Personally, I absolutely believe there is a species of Bigfoot out there.

I've written an article, which I posted in my blog (http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Bluemouth/blog/), so I urge you all to read that before making stereotypical comments in this thread.

However, if you're just going to skip the article and say the creatures don't exist then be prepared to explain the existence of dermal ridges and DNA evidence that belong in the primate family, yet come from a currently unkown species. As well as how the Patterson-Gimlin footage of 1967 was pulled off when people can't even replicate it nowadays. And finally, what the creature is that was photographed late last year, which was later proven NOT to be a bear. All of that information is in the article, by the way.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg

I don't see why not believe in big foot, but then again, I also believe in sprites so I'm not sure if many would go with what I say.

DavidLeeRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DavidLeeRoth

I'm a believer. After hearing and reading all the information from studies done on the Patterson tape, like bone structure diagnosis and what not, I'm convinced that found a sasquatch out there.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Batman

Those pictures with the bears were taken fairly close to where I live.  I remember them being in the newspaper.  As to whether I believe, I doubt it but I'm not ruling out the possibility. 

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Megalon

I'll explain the dermal ridges and DNA evidence if YOU can explain it, haha.

I've read in quite a few places that the DNA recovered from the hair was in fact Bison DNA, which as you may or may not know is not even close to being a primate. I'm assuming any source you had on the DNA stuff was actually speculation before it was actually analyzed, as my google search turned up almost 100% saying it's not "unknown" or even primate.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of stuff like this...but, well, sometimes you just need some real evidence. Just ask Nessy.

Also, Aliens totally built the pyramids.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg

Incase you make more of these threads I have a post I shall copypasta in the new ones.

I believe in Aliens, Ghosts, Bigfoot, Nessy, Sprites (Fairies and gnomes, not 8-bit vidjagame characters), 1 secret ruling government, MiB, ummmm and i cant think of any more right now.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Absurd

Could be possible, There are  Lots of undiscovered animals (I think)

Zoidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zoidy
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"Incase you make more of these threads I have a post I shall copypasta in the new ones.

I believe in Aliens, Ghosts, Bigfoot, Nessy, Sprites (Fairies and gnomes, not 8-bit vidjagame characters), 1 secret ruling government, MiB, ummmm and i cant think of any more right now.
"
I believe in most of those, but not sprites that's too much for me. Also 1 ruling government I don't believe in.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Yeah, Bigfoot is totally real.

Fucking shit man get your head on straight, Bigfoot. Christ. I'll put a big foot up your ass.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By tec3297

I don't believe in bigfoot, but I do believe in aliens.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Termite

There are always things to support any theory.

I myself don't have any opinion on Bigfoot's existence, but I think most of the "Evidence" that is used to support it is rather icky or simply not true

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By RandomHero666

Yea, i believe in alot of this kind of thing, well, aliens, Bigfoot and any other monster, ghosts are made up.
That patterson footage, i looked it up on youtube just as i read your blog, first time iv seen  the actual footage, seems pretty real to me.

Avatar image for cleverloginname
CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CleverLoginName

There are weirder creatures than an ape that can walk up-right, like the platypus, that thing should be an urban legend.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RandomHero666
CleverLoginName said:
"There are weirder creatures than an ape that can walk up-right, like the platypus, that thing should be an urban legend."
lol, and llama's
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RandomHero666

what a way wiki put platypus: The bizarre appearance of this egg-laying, venemous, duck billed, beaver tailed, otter footed.
lol, back to Biggie

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
RandomHero666 said:
"Yea, i believe in alot of this kind of thing, well, aliens, Bigfoot and any other monster, ghosts are made up.
That patterson footage, i looked it up on youtube just as i read your blog, first time iv seen  the actual footage, seems pretty real to me.
"
I have a non-physical being in my apartment who would beg to differ about the ghost thing.
I've seen him, and he has a tendency to fuck with me. One time he was rattling the door to my mom's bedroom all day trying to scare me and my brother and at one point i went into the room while on the phone with my girlfriend and left the door open about a foot, and the windows in the room were closed. I commented to my girlfriend about how the ghost was messing with it all day and that I was surprised he wasnt doing anything at the time and yet he wasnt. The SECOND I turned away from the door it slammed shut.
Try and explain that as anything else.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RandomHero666
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"Yea, i believe in alot of this kind of thing, well, aliens, Bigfoot and any other monster, ghosts are made up.
"
I have a non-physical being in my apartment who would beg to differ about the ghost thing.
I've seen him, and he has a tendency to fuck with me. One time he was rattling the door to my mom's bedroom all day trying to scare me and my brother and at one point i went into the room while on the phone with my girlfriend and left the door open about a foot, and the windows in the room were closed. I commented to my girlfriend about how the ghost was messing with it all day and that I was surprised he wasnt doing anything at the time and yet he wasnt. The SECOND I turned away from the door it slammed shut.
"
why not tell how you "seen him"?
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By epic_pets

I have alwas believed in him, he has to be real

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
RandomHero666 said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"
"
why not tell how you "seen him"?
"
by physically having seen him. Woke up in the middle of the night and saw him. And it was like 7 years ago so if it was a dream i would have long forgotten by now. He was somewhat tall with dark hair, raggedy clothing and white t-shirt.
fuzzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By fuzzay

I'm not so sure and after watching that 5 part series, I'm still not sure. The Patterson footage is interesting, but there's still no unsubstantiated proof... just the various eye witnessed reports of people who claim they saw him... or THINK they were in his presence. I mean, we're talking about a rather large creature living in our own backyard here, and still, nobody with a camera or camcorder to really back up the claims with full validity. Strike me as a non-believer.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RandomHero666

Like the Futurama episode: spanish fry.
Fry: why not set up like a billion cameras in the forest and wait for bigfoot to walk by one.
:Tour guide: Beacuse that would cost alot of money, and most people who believe in bigfoot are poor.
Lol one of the best bigfoot related things

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By dethfish

I don't know if he is real. I just hope he is.

People believe in God so why not Bigfoot?

fuzzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By fuzzay
Dethfish77 said:
"I don't know if he is real. I just hope he is.

People believe in God so why not Bigfoot?"
Someone should start a religion.

Oh mighty sasquatch, tell me who to smite and he shall be smitten!
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bluemouth
fuzzay said:
"I'm not so sure and after watching that 5 part series, I'm still not sure. The Patterson footage is interesting, but there's still no unsubstantiated proof... just the various eye witnessed reports of people who claim they saw him... or THINK they were in his presence. I mean, we're talking about a rather large creature living in our own backyard here, and still, nobody with a camera or camcorder to really back up the claims with full validity. Strike me as a non-believer.
"
Yes, but think of all the forest out there that humans don't venture into. Bigfoot is going to be hard to find, based upon the assumption the creature is shy and wary.

There are other unexplained videos concerning Bigfoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAHu79CfoBw&feature=related (the thing is right at the end - the creature appears to grow 3 feet, suggesting an infant climbed onto its shoulders)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hObFzzC6Q (this one I strongly believe, even though it seems like a set up. Even though Freeman has admitted to making fakes in the past, he promises this one is real ...)

There's also another amazing one that not many have seen but I can't remeber it off the top of my head. And apologies for the 25 second intros - but those movies are the full versions.

Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bluemouth
Dethfish77 said:
"I don't know if he is real. I just hope he is.

People believe in God so why not Bigfoot?"
Precisely.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By atejas

Practically evey culture has folk tales describing large, anthropomorphic creatures. The again, quite a few cultures believed in dragons.
The video was inconclusive, just a running figure. The picture in you blog was interesting, those arms were too long to have been hoaxed, imho.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
atejas said:
"Practically evey culture has folk tales describing large, anthropomorphic creatures. The again, quite a few cultures believed in dragons.
The video was inconclusive, just a running figure. The picture in you blog was interesting, those arms were too long to have been hoaxed, imho."
Hey, maybe dragons are real. It's a big world, and I feel that anything may exist unless proven to not.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By atejas
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"Practically evey culture has folk tales describing large, anthropomorphic creatures. The again, quite a few cultures believed in dragons.
The video was inconclusive, just a running figure. The picture in you blog was interesting, those arms were too long to have been hoaxed, imho."
Hey, maybe dragons are real. It's a big world, and I feel that anything may exist unless proven to not.
"

There have been no contemporary sightings of large, fire-breathing lizards.
They mistook them for crocodiles, my guess.
Did you know the squid was originally thought to have been a monk who walked on water?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_monk
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"

Did you know the squid was originally thought to have been a monk who walked on water?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_monk"
I know dragons were probably crocodiles and shit and i know about misidentifications, but hell, maybe dragons died out and their bones have been misidentified or not found for some reason.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By atejas
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"

I know dragons were probably crocodiles and shit and i know about misidentifications, but hell, maybe dragons died out and their bones have been misidentified or not found for some reason.
"

maybe large reptile-like creatures still exist. Nessie could be one of those. But I refuse to believe breathing fire is anything but exaggeration.
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"

"

maybe large reptile-like creatures still exist. Nessie could be one of those. But I refuse to believe breathing fire is anything but exaggeration."
might make sense if it could be a possible evolution. Like, maybe the large reptile creature requires it's meat to be cooked like we do, but isnt smart enough nor able to use a giant lizard-friendly stove, so they evolve fire breath.
shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shadowjak

I beleive at one point their may have been a big foot when evolution went wrong, but it could not reproduce and died off quick.

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By sculsoldi3r

bigfoot im assuming is a man with a big foot. probabaly a basketball player.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
sculsoldi3r said:
"bigfoot im assuming is a man with a big foot. probabaly a basketball player. "
Hmm, let's analyze this post.
you say bigfoot is a basketball player
Basketball players tend to be black
Bigfoot is often thought to be an earlier evolutionary stage, meaning less evolved than us
less evolved than us would be inferior
so therefore, if you think bigfoot is a basketball player you think black people are inferior.
shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shadowjak
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"sculsoldi3r said:
"bigfoot im assuming is a man with a big foot. probabaly a basketball player. "
Hmm, let's analyze this post.
you say bigfoot is a basketball player
Basketball players tend to be black
Bigfoot is often thought to be an earlier evolutionary stage, meaning less evolved than us
less evolved than us would be inferior
so therefore, if you think bigfoot is a basketball player you think black people are inferior.
"
...This made my day sooooo much.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By atejas
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"atejas said:
"

"

maybe large reptile-like creatures still exist. Nessie could be one of those. But I refuse to believe breathing fire is anything but exaggeration."
might make sense if it could be a possible evolution. Like, maybe the large reptile creature requires it's meat to be cooked like we do, but isnt smart enough nor able to use a giant lizard-friendly stove, so they evolve fire breath.
"
first off, how would that work? fire-breathing seems pretty hard to pull off.
Secondly, any species that could shoot fireballs would have a firly big evolutionary advantage. Therefore human beings would not be a dominant race.
unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By unclejohnny79

oh gee, who knows?

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RandomHero666
Bnfbnggbfg said:

first off, how would that work? fire-breathing seems pretty hard to pull off.
Secondly, any species that could shoot fireballs would have a firly big evolutionary advantage. Therefore human beings would not be a dominant race."
end of quote crap.

Anyway i got 2 words.....Ice age.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't believe in it

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I can't bring myself to believe in it.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Virago

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By boxman

I'm a believer because we didnt think that bald mexico cyote was a live any more but there it is.so bigfoot could be real

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By boxman
fuzzay said:
"I'm not so sure and after watching that 5 part series, I'm still not sure. The Patterson footage is interesting, but there's still no unsubstantiated proof... just the various eye witnessed reports of people who claim they saw him... or THINK they were in his presence. I mean, we're talking about a rather large creature living in our own backyard here, and still, nobody with a camera or camcorder to really back up the claims with full validity. Strike me as a non-believer.
"

there is video proof but it was a old camcorder so it is   fuzzy video there been many ppl who have study it but cannt explain it (will look for video later)
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Black_Raven

I think a person being able to pull off a stunt like that back in the 60s and have it look so real is almost as unbelievable as bigfoot itself

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By boxman

Black_Raven said:

"I think a person being able to pull off a stunt like that back in the 60s and have it look so real is almost as unbelievable as bigfoot itself
"

this was proven that it was not a person in a suit.the way it walk was not like any human or able.(was proven  after many years)