Bomb blown up in Oslo Norway today

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By sparks50

I think most of us Norwegians thought Al-qaeda or similar after the bomb blasted, after all the threats of the the recent book release with the Muhammad drawings in them,

and the failed attempts of terror which was rolled up by PST(the Norwegian equaling of FBI) only last year. It wasn't a crazy thing to assume that this was something similar.

If it is a domestic attack, at least a generation of innocent Muslims wont have to pay for it.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By D0tti
@FengShuiGod: Okey I'll agree with you on that, I maybe jumped the gun by saying "hard to draw a connection".
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By FengShuiGod

I hope I don't sound bitchy - I know the interwebz can muddle things sometimes. But in all seriousness, I feel shocked and I hope this is over for Norway and I hope Norwegians stay safe. 

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By mnzy

I hope this was an isolated event and no organisation tries to do more things like that.
Terrorism is so pointless, you can't even answer why it happened. I feel really bad for the victims.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Niall_Sg1 said:
I'm doubting this is a terrorist attack, hopefully. I heard it's a national holiday in Norway today so the area where the attack took place was pretty empty, which seems counter intuitive for terrorists. It might have been some construction work.. Hopefully not many are injured. 
Where you reading the Bullshit Times?
D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By D0tti
@FengShuiGod said:
I hope I don't sound bitchy - I know the interwebz can muddle things sometimes. But in all seriousness, I feel shocked and I hope this is over for Norway and I hope Norwegians stay safe. 
If that post was meant to me, than it's ok man, we were just discussing stuff ;).
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207  Edited By FrankCanada97

Absolutely tragic, my condolences to the victims and their families.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By foggel

@oysteinBrenne said:

@Pibo47 said:
Damn, i hope everyone is safe and ok. And i hope the people responsible for this are givin a trail and put into prison for as long as they live.
Max prison sentence in Norway i s 21 years

You can get longer through "forvaring" whatever that is in english.

Avatar image for 345t3rfgsdfwsdf
34wsdfsdfwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By 34wsdfsdfwe

I was down there working yesterday, but had today off. Jesus.

Everyone I know are ok, but friends of mine are still having problems getting in touch with their collegues.

Seems Norway just experienced what happens when you mix Ted Kaczynski with Eric Harris. 

Terrible, terrible day... :(

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Worthy

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002651290254 this is the person responsible. He matches the age, he lives in the address that the police has raided a little while ago. And his pictures blurred on Norwegian Newsreports are the same as his. He makes me fucking puke

gunde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By gunde

I've been keeping up to speed on this throughout the night and it's completely unfathomable that this has happened. I can only say that my thoughts are with every Norwegian and I sincerely hope that the death toll doesn't climb much higher, however unlikely that seems to be.

@foggel: Incarceration?

Though the most literal translation I can think of would be storage, but since I'm just Swedish and not Norwegian.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By gike987

This is most likely the person responsible .
Twitter, facebook.
Compare this picture to his facebook picture.

His tweet sounds exactly like something a mass murder like him would say.
"One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests."

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gunde said:

@foggel: Incarceration?

Though the most literal translation I can think of would be storage, but since I'm just Swedish and not Norwegian.

I think he means the nut house.
jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By jmfinamore

Have they learned whether or not the bombings and the shootings were carried out by 1 man (seems tough, to be honest) or whether there were more involved? 

It seems like this wasn't an act of terrorism from extreme Muslims, even though they said a group initially took credit (always happens) and all the happenings with that one man (can't think of his name).

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By D0tti
@gike987 said:

Twitter, facebook.
Compare this picture to his facebook picture.   His tweet sounds exactly like something a mass murder like him would say."One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests."

The newspapers just confirmed that it's that guy.
Also he started being an right-extremists at the end off hes 20s and he has been hanging on some web sites that is very critical against Islam. 
And also commented in some swedish news article were he made it clear that the media has been disappointed since they haven't been critical enough against Islam.
gunde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By gunde

@TheSeductiveMoose: Ah, that's what I get for skimming stuff through and missing context.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#217  Edited By VIGGO123

The identity of the man responsible for the attacks has been released to the public. His name is Anders Behring Breivik and is a 32 year-old white male. He deserves to burn for what hes done!!

A picture of Anders in the middle of his massacre has been released and i feel sick just by looking at it

WARNING: Extremely graphic
http://bildr.no/view/933067

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By gike987
@D0tti said:
@gike987 said:
Twitter, facebook.
Compare this picture to his facebook picture.   His tweet sounds exactly like something a mass murder like him would say."One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests."
The newspapers just confirmed that it's that guy. Also he started being an right-extremists at the off hes 20s and he has been hanging on some web sites that is very critical against Islam. And also commented in some swedish news article were he made it clear that the media has been disappointed since they haven't been critical enough against Islam.
Yeah NRK still don't want to mention his name (unless I missed it) but they just said he describes himself with that twitter quote I posted. It's pretty much confirmed to be this guy now.
FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FilipHolm

This makes the whole thing so much more disgusting. The dark side of the moon looks just like the other. I'm seriously loosing hope in humanity...

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#221  Edited By FancySoapsMan

This is really depressing and scary news. 

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By niall_sg1
@TheMustacheHero said:
@Niall_Sg1 said:
I'm doubting this is a terrorist attack, hopefully. I heard it's a national holiday in Norway today so the area where the attack took place was pretty empty, which seems counter intuitive for terrorists. It might have been some construction work.. Hopefully not many are injured. 
Where you reading the Bullshit Times?
I said that when the story was running as just an explosion. Now it's confirmed it's a terrorist attack I obviously don't think otherwise. Keep up. 
boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#223  Edited By boylie

@VIGGO123:

Did you manage to get a hold of your friend?

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By VIGGO123
@boylie: Yes, I got word form him, while he's not physically injured he has seen some shit that will leave mental scarring. He sounded pretty shocked when we talked, no wonder though, I can't even imagine how it feel to live through something like that...
Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Jerr

That's rough. One of the safest countries in the world with such a tragedy. It's pretty surreal.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Worthy
@VIGGO123 said:
@boylie: Yes, I got word form him, while he's not physically injured he has seen some shit that will leave mental scarring. He sounded pretty shocked when we talked, no wonder though, I can't even imagine how it feel to live through something like that...
Glad you got a hold of your friend. And yes, I cant even begin to imagine what awful thing this person has seen.
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Damian

I sincerely hope Norway will keep it's head high through the dark spotlight to come. It's got so much going for it that the rest of the world can learn from, I don't want to see it derailed by some bullshit like this.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#228  Edited By Matfei90

Holy fucking shit... This is atrocious. Reading the news reports about this is turning my stomach. Hope everyone's doing okay, and their friends/families.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I find it more worrying that no group has claimed responsibility for these attacks...there's no message or meaning yet and that to me is as scary as it gets.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Did he surrender? I'm still sketchy on how he was apprehended alive.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By VIGGO123
@JerichoBlyth: An ethnic Norwegian male has responsible for the attacks, the police have him in custody and has released full name and picture of the bastard.
birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#232  Edited By birchman

This is awful, followed it on the news here from Sweden. :(

Stand tall, nordic brethren, we shall fight this together!

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By gike987
@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Did he surrender? I'm still sketchy on how he was apprehended alive.

He was probably surrendered because he did not want to die. He is not like the religious terrorists who think they will get to a better place after death.
jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#234  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@JerichoBlyth: That is because the guy who did it doesn't really belong to any group. He seems to be nationalistic though, possibly a Neo-Nazi. He is Norwegian, got the ingredients for bombs though a company he made in 2009 which was supposed to work with vegetables and stuff. Which made it easy for him to get fertilizer or whatnot, which I guess you can make bombs out of. He also has several weapons on his name, some of which was found in his car standing near the island he attacked.

Before this was known I have seen several Norwegians rant out against Islam and foreigners. How all foreigners are criminal, how Islam is the worst thing ever. Which is kinda ironic, as the guy who did it is just like that. His first Facebook profile was shut down because of his "controversial" opinions on those things. He has also written comments on Swedish news articles saying that the media aren't critical enough against Islam.

Anyway, this is what our news say so far at least.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By JerichoBlyth
@VIGGO123:  Glad to hear your friend is alright.

Isn't Norway known for how open and trustworthy their society is? They've never seen anything like this before - it's a fucking shame that people like this guy exist. Extreme ideals of protest aside - there is no excuse to target government and an entire society as a whole like this.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#236  Edited By xMP44x

Once they get out of him why he went through with the attacks they should just dump him in the Arctic Ocean. He's quite clearly scum if he is prepared to kill innocent civilians in order to prove a point that nobody else will understand. This is supposedly his Twitter account, from which he posted the following almost a week ago: 

One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests.

Whether or not that's a famous quote or something I'm not sure, but I find it saddening that he did it without some kind of religious explanation. Religion has been used to explain everything, so the fact he orchestrated a Mumbai-style attack alone is quite staggering. At least if he was traced back to a terrorist organization it wouldn't reflect as badly with the underlying suggestion that Norway can be exploited for terrorist attacks easily enough. According to Sky News there was some group called "Helpers of the Global Jihad" who were doing something related to it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me absolutely sick, and i mourn for my fellow scandinavian brothers, and my norwegian bretheren. This is one of the saddest days in the history of Norway and i really hope this bloodshed has come to an end.

What further saddens me are people are instantly blaming muslims, and pointing out (without ANY information) that the man must be muslim and to an extent, a video game player.

This is taken from a Danish newspaper tabloid:

Hans yndlingsspil er rollespillet World of Warcraft og skydespillet Modern Warfare 2. I det sidste spil er der en scene, hvor man som undercover-agent skal deltage i en terroraktion. Der er det op til spilleren selv, om man vil deltage aktivt og slå civile ihjel eller blot se på.

Blandt hans yndlings tv-serier er den amerikanske serie 'Dexter', hvor hovedpersonen er en seriemorder.

Roughly translated:

"His favorite video game is the roleplaying game World of warcraft and the shooting game Modern warfare 2. In the last game there is a scene, where as a undercover agent have to participate in a terrorist action. Its up to the player himself, whether to participate actively and kill civilians or just watch"

What annoys me, and this is trivial, is just the fact that such stupidly trivial information gets brought up when its not needed and gets demonized as a result.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#238  Edited By destruktive

I'm going down there in about a month or so, so right now I'm just glad the bomb didn't go off when I was there.

Haven't heard from everyone I know that lives down there yet but as far as I know all my family and friends are safe.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#239  Edited By Dany

@Jethuty: You also left out the part of Dexter.

That always happens though. The bring up the most violent items that person is associated with and tell us, even if it is unrelated.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By NickL

@Dany said:

@Jethuty: You also left out the part of Dexter.

That always happens though. The bring up the most violent items that person is associated with and tell us, even if it is unrelated.

Yeah, Pretty for the shit storm of people trying to pass this off onto stuff like modern warfare and dexter, instead of blaming the man himself.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Choffy

Absolutely terrifying how someone can will themselves to do this. Especially since it's someone who is seemingly normal to the outside world, with a Facebook and Twitter, just like millions of other people.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Norway and their family across the world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brakken1987 said:

@Sweep said:

Apparently someone shot up a youth camp as well. "Up to 30 confirmed dead" by the Guardian.

A terror group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami (the Helpers of the Global Jihad), issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, according to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at CNA, a research institute that studies terrorism. The message said the attack was a response to Norwegian forces' presence in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad. "We have warned since the Stockholm raid of more operations," the group said, apparently referred to a bombing in Sweden in December 2010, according to Mr McCants' translation. "What you see is only the beginning, and there is more to come." The claim could not be confirmed.

This is fucking terrible :(

The official number is now down to ten. But still fucked up as hell! I will always remember the moment I heard the news of the bomb on the radio, had just bought a few bottles of wine for a party tonight and was driving home. The bottles will stand unattended on my kitchen counter for quite some time. Thankfully all my friends an family in Oslo are alright.

Yes, but several more are seriously injured. It is pressumed as of now, most are not gonna make it, their fate is quite grim :(

@Sweep: This is really, fucking terrible. He executed them in cold blood.

@Zabant: Dont be ignorant, idiot. The guy was of norwegian descent, and quite frankly he hated muslims.

@Dany: Yeah, i was just relating to video games. Its so sad. But so unneeded.

also, The police are advising everyone on Utøya to stay in doors, as they have found armed explosives that havent been triggered so far. Turns out it could have been WAAAY worse, or it might get uglier :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bad for the one guy that died in that explosion. He will sadly be forgotten, as well as the unavoidable cause of his death which proves that life is filled with trial-and-error, making it an an atrocity not worth experiencing... but that is inevitable. We, as beautiful creatures, must suffer both time and death, for being forgotten is worse than any magical netherworld forged by the human imagination.

But still, if it doesn't remain as one dead and grows to even more cadavers, then my words are quite null. I just hate it when only one person dies during a catastrophic event; people will forget about it and be relieved that the death toll was miniscule during the event when they should mourn for the one human that endured the worse of it all. But either way, I hope Norway gets through this shit. While forgive my vague opinion, but no one should rush to conclusions an call the criminal a "terrorist". A different label might work, like an anarchist with an unknown ideal that might be persuasive to the public, but isn't expressed because of governed news and media. CONSPIRACY!!! But hey, it could be true.

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Godot

Good going there The Sun.

Although considering it's a Murdoch rag, what did you expect?
Although considering it's a Murdoch rag, what did you expect?
Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Simplexity

@Godot: Absolutely disgraceful, are these people behind that shitrag remotely human?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I feel bad for the one guy that died in that explosion. He will sadly be forgotten, as well as the unavoidable cause of his death which proves that life is filled with trial-and-error, making it an an atrocity not worth experiencing... but that is inevitable. We, as beautiful creatures, must suffer both time and death, for being forgotten is worse than any magical netherworld forged by the human imagination. But still, if it doesn't remain as one dead and grows to even more cadavers, then my words are quite null. I just hate it when only one person dies during a catastrophic event; people will forget about it and be relieved that the death toll was miniscule during the event. But either way, I hope Norway gets through this shit. While forgive my vague opinion, but no one should rush to conclusions an call the criminal a "terrorist". A different label might work, like an anarchist with an unknown ideal that might be persuasive to the public, but isn't expressed because of governed news and media. CONSPIRACY!!! But hey, it could be true.

and the 20 other people that died.

@Godot: Yo dawg, English newspapers be stupid yo.

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Godot
@Jethuty: Yo dawg, only our tabloids. And their number seems to be rapidly shrinking, thank god.

@Prodstep: It would appear they are a sub-human, lizard-like species.
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Aetheldod

What sad news :( condolences to our Norwegian duders and the Norwegian folk who lost a loved one today

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Godot: Wasnt sure whether to call it a tabloid or newspaper. Ekstra bladet is technically a newspaper, but to me, its just a tabloid.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Worthy

80 people dead on Utøya. Confirmed by the Police.

EDIT:
Thats the minimal number, it might get higher as the night/day goes by. I am tears here..