Bricks: They be the wave of the Wii's future

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

Edited By Pepsiman

Interesting shenanigans came out of that previous blog post of mine about the Wii HD. One such instance involved the revelation that a mere brick would be a part of the Wii's future. Intrigued, I decided to investigate this for myself and tracked down Vidiot, a user who has never been wrong about anything ever. I decided to ask him to elaborate on the brick theory.

Pepsiman: But what SORT of brick am I going to be playing games with? Cinder? Typical house red? I HAVE TO KNOW! D*:
VidiotDefiantly traditional red. Very important. Think of all the great things you could do with it. Like throwing it. I predict construction games will take off in the "next-er" generation. Can't you wait to play Super Brick Layer 7? It will be part of Nintendo's new outreach to the blue collar gamer demographic. Did I mention that the replacement of the nunchuck will be a beer bottle? The future is bright indeed. 
Pepsiman: So what you're really saying is that Steven Spielberg should have held back on making the Boom Blox games until these technological advances were made a reality?
Vidiot: In hindsight yes, but don't worry. Expect full backward compatibility brick support for Boom Blox and future games in the franchise. The reason for the delay was because rumors of the "Brick Motion Plus" addon was making the rounds online, and Spielberg/EA didn't want to commit to hardware that would be outdated in a few months. It's a far cry from Spielberg's next game project is another family oriented puzzle game called "Chug!". It utilizes the beer bottle peripheral in ways you might not expect. Oh, and there's aliens in it.
Pepsiman: Do I get any special preorder bonuses if I tell such fine outlets as GameStop that I wish to reserve a copy of Chug? Maybe some obtuse unlock code that will just get posted on the Internet the day of release anyway?
Vidiot: Confused and fet-up that unlock codes are not working as an incentive to preorder, EA is trying a new strategy that uses reverse psychology. The unlock code for pre-ordering gets you the ability to download the demo a full week after the demo is released online to everyone. 
Pepsiman: ZOMG THIS IS MARKETING AT ITS FINEST! :D
Vidiot: That's not all. Collectors edition of "Chug!" comes with a six pack of beer. "Chug!" is rated "T: For Teen"
Pepsiman: And with that, the entire high school market has surely been snatched. The world will never be the same after this fine game gets out.
Vidiot: It's Nintendo's long term strategy. You might be thinking that current Nintendo strategy of ignoring their base is a bit insane, especially if the markets they are currently advertising too either stop paying attention, or in other cases: Don't exist. They have foreseen these possible trouble spots, and have decided to entice the younger demographic with alcohol. I personally cant wait to see their new commercial where a mother doing yoga on a Wii Fit board, and her young teenage son throwing a brick at his TV while downing a bruski in the living room. It's really about bringing the family together.

Anyone care to agree or disagree? Maybe Nintendo will comment on the matter at E3 next week.
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

Interesting shenanigans came out of that previous blog post of mine about the Wii HD. One such instance involved the revelation that a mere brick would be a part of the Wii's future. Intrigued, I decided to investigate this for myself and tracked down Vidiot, a user who has never been wrong about anything ever. I decided to ask him to elaborate on the brick theory.

Pepsiman: But what SORT of brick am I going to be playing games with? Cinder? Typical house red? I HAVE TO KNOW! D*:
VidiotDefiantly traditional red. Very important. Think of all the great things you could do with it. Like throwing it. I predict construction games will take off in the "next-er" generation. Can't you wait to play Super Brick Layer 7? It will be part of Nintendo's new outreach to the blue collar gamer demographic. Did I mention that the replacement of the nunchuck will be a beer bottle? The future is bright indeed. 
Pepsiman: So what you're really saying is that Steven Spielberg should have held back on making the Boom Blox games until these technological advances were made a reality?
Vidiot: In hindsight yes, but don't worry. Expect full backward compatibility brick support for Boom Blox and future games in the franchise. The reason for the delay was because rumors of the "Brick Motion Plus" addon was making the rounds online, and Spielberg/EA didn't want to commit to hardware that would be outdated in a few months. It's a far cry from Spielberg's next game project is another family oriented puzzle game called "Chug!". It utilizes the beer bottle peripheral in ways you might not expect. Oh, and there's aliens in it.
Pepsiman: Do I get any special preorder bonuses if I tell such fine outlets as GameStop that I wish to reserve a copy of Chug? Maybe some obtuse unlock code that will just get posted on the Internet the day of release anyway?
Vidiot: Confused and fet-up that unlock codes are not working as an incentive to preorder, EA is trying a new strategy that uses reverse psychology. The unlock code for pre-ordering gets you the ability to download the demo a full week after the demo is released online to everyone. 
Pepsiman: ZOMG THIS IS MARKETING AT ITS FINEST! :D
Vidiot: That's not all. Collectors edition of "Chug!" comes with a six pack of beer. "Chug!" is rated "T: For Teen"
Pepsiman: And with that, the entire high school market has surely been snatched. The world will never be the same after this fine game gets out.
Vidiot: It's Nintendo's long term strategy. You might be thinking that current Nintendo strategy of ignoring their base is a bit insane, especially if the markets they are currently advertising too either stop paying attention, or in other cases: Don't exist. They have foreseen these possible trouble spots, and have decided to entice the younger demographic with alcohol. I personally cant wait to see their new commercial where a mother doing yoga on a Wii Fit board, and her young teenage son throwing a brick at his TV while downing a bruski in the living room. It's really about bringing the family together.

Anyone care to agree or disagree? Maybe Nintendo will comment on the matter at E3 next week.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

How does it play? Is it fun? Games.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pepsiman

You mean Chug? Naturally, this will be the front cover story of next month's Game Informer, a publication which you can purchase from fine GameStop outlets everywhere.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

So, you could say that the Wii makes people shit bricks?

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Disgaeamad

Finally, my Wii now has a meaning to be lying in my room! I look forward to the masterpiece known as "Chug!"

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By vidiot

Wow. You actually posted this.

For those of you who may have a slight inclination to presume that I might be a bit, insane,you couldn't be further from the truth.
Expect the Brick to be all over Nintendo's E3 keynote. Seriously. If it's not there I personally owe you money.

Chug!Will be on the front issue of Game Informer (Game Informer editorials may or may not express the concerns and opinions of GameStop (C) ).
Not only that, but early leaks of Chug! from the newest issue reveal an Xbox 360 port is ON THE WAY!

Chug! Will be the first game to give you negative achievements. Giving shame soon after the feeling of your immediate success.

"...Vidiot, a user who has never been wrong about anything ever."
I can't tell if it's sarcastic or genuine, whatever it is: It's awesome! Thanks!