• 60 results
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I. WILL. OWN. A. 3DO. DAMMIT.

But f'real, I always wanted a high quality replica of Freddy Krueger's glove. (yeah, I was *that* kid) There are some amazing handcrafted ones for sale online, but if I'm going to buy something that useless, I want to go all in, and the high-end models are crazy expensive. Well, they're all expensive, but yeah.

My dream collection would be a room filled with horror props and memorabilia, but that's a desire that started post-childhood. That said, I'd give your left arm for a handmade Lament Configuration from Hellraiser.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@patman99 said:

Every time I walk by those absolutely massive nerf guns in stores, the inner-kid begins to have a hissy fit as the inner-adult tells him 'maybe for christmas' and walks away.

I have two Vulcans in my closet. They are only good for looking at.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is some gi joe stuff I'd like to get but honestly I wouldn't know where to put it.

There is one thing I'd buy that I've wanted since I was about 10 is a Gibson thunderbird, i didnt even consider owning one as a possible reality until i started my first professional job but even then, once a was earning good money i was thwarted as gibson dont make the thunderbird in a lefty, I even went so far as to email Gibson and ask about getting a super expensive custom made, they said they can't/wouldn't do it. I've considered getting a custom guitar place to make one but without the Gibson logo I dunno if it'd be the same.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I run into this all the time, however what I lack now is SPACE.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ninnanuam: That's what you get for being born left-handed.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I was fortunate to have a job at a young age making nothing but pocket money. I was able to buy things I wanted when I was a kid, when I was still a kid.

@jouseldelka: I. WILL. RUN. EVERYTHING.

Except for legacy stuff like Grim Fandango, The Curse of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, &ct.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I do this a lot. It's how I wound up with a GameCube. I also have a habit of making impulsive nostalgic purchases that I quickly regret.

I'm trying to work on that.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By crusader8463

There was no single toy or thing I always coveted that I could never get. It was just in general when I would go to the toy aisle I would see all these awesome toys that I could never get. I was usually able to convince my mom to let me get one random toy that was around $10 or less, but I always wanted the cool looking one that was $20-$30+ and she would never go for it.

Several years back I was walking through a store for some dumb reason when that thought process went through my head and it dawned on me that I was an an adult now and that there was nothing stopping me from going to the toy aisle and buying the most expensive cool looking toy I could find. I decided then and there that was my mission and made a straight line to the toy aisle. Sadly when I got there it was complete shit and there was no cool toys. There were toys, but they were all complete shit.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents divorced when I was a wee lad, and my father skipped out on child support for years and years and years, so my mother had to work 2-3 jobs at a time to support my brother and I. Never had time to spend with us, so she suffered from a sort of single-parent guilt, and thus could easily be cajoled into irresponsible spending.

So, unless something was ridiculously expensive, I typically got the toys I wanted. But growing up poor can teach you the value of a dollar, so I never really asked for anything excessive. Except for a Power Wheels. Which I never got.