Cards Against Humanity's 10 Days or Whatever of Kwanza.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Today, Cards Against Humanity sent out an email letting people know about this year's holiday thing, "10 Days or Whatever of Kwanza." Of course I immediately signed up and happily wasted $15 I could have used for food or clothes or something.

Anyone else from the GB community sign up for this? If so, what do you think we'll get? I think we'll get cards and "evidence" on Santa's murder and it'll be up to us to solve the case.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No matter what happens, you're sure to get your 15 bucks worth of holiday bullshit (TM).

I decided to skip it this year and let someone else enjoy the batshit crazy fun .

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I signed up as well. I know we are sure to get cards but the only thing I know other than that is there is a puzzle in all this holiday bull that CAH wants the internet to figure out. They claim that it is going to be a tough one but the internet as a whole tends to figure stuff out much faster then the creators think we will.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GValo

@krevee: It took ages for last year's to be solved and it was only after someone got the answer and had to work backwards to get it.

I signed up. The only CAH stuff I'm missing are the PAX cards and the House of Cards pack

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I signed up again this year. Last year was great.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What were last year's gifts?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ok, I'll bite, what is Cards Against Humanity's 10 Days or Whatever of Kwanza?

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@flstyle said:

Ok, I'll bite, what is Cards Against Humanity's 10 Days or Whatever of Kwanza?

An FAQ on their site answers all the important questions, like:

Statistically, how many of us will die before we get the gifts?

About 20. Good luck!

There's like 100k slots left at the moment, so still some time.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limond said:

Cards, kids drawings of a few white cards, coal, a new game called Clusterfuck, and a few others that I can't remember.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeffgoldblum

@meaninoflife42 said:

@limond said:

Cards, kids drawings of a few white cards, coal, a new game called Clusterfuck, and a few others that I can't remember.

One thing you forgot that I really liked was that they made a newspaper print version of a bunch of popular webcomics and the comics they included were exclusive to it. They also took one day and just donated a dollar to charity. If you want new Cards and like fun dumb stuff I'd definitely say it was worth it.

EDIT: They also included a card with your name on it and the drawings weren't by kids they were just simple drawings by artist friends of the CAH team.

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ordered mine.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Day 1 today. Depending on if you participated in the Holiday Bullshit last year you get a white card with your name on it (If you didn't participate last year,) or something about your butt, (if you did participate last year, and a black card that says "Here lies [your name here], [year of your birth]-2015, devoted friend, lover of ________.

And like last year, there's a puzzle.

TheRiversCuomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meaninoflife42: Aw shit... now I am kind of wishing I had jumped on board again this year, even though I almost never get the opportunity to play CAH anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As soon as it was announced, i had my card out and running.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meaninoflife42: Where are you located? I wonder when the rest of us will start getting them.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo: Vancouver, BC. From what I've heard Canadians are getting the gifts earlier than Americans this year.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By meaninoflife42

After 10 days of waiting, I finally got another envelope today. It's Day 4 which is the second issue of the Funny Pages.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got 4 envelopes last week. The real question is if anybody here bought the Black Friday deal. C'mon, people did it. Come forward.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sort of off topic but whatever happened to the GB CAH expansion?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673: I assumed it was cancelled.

So I got a few stickers, the comic pages, and two small packs of cards.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rollingzeppelin
flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Day One, Two and 2 other days that don't actually say which day they are meant to be.
I'm none the wiser as to what the "puzzle" behind all the days are, I'm sure there is a sub-reddit somewhere of people who already have it sussed.

Joystick_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm crazy deep into the puzzle stuff, and as far as I can tell, unless you're an insane maniac, you need a crew of people working at it in order to solve the thing. There are so many interlocking pieces, just looking at them all would take a single person days. I'm pretty sure Reddit's going to get this one again for that very reason. When you have a thousand people all working at a thing, even through brute force they'll outpace a normal sized team.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive yet to receive a single package from this...

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By meaninoflife42

I got Day 2 today. It's a pack of re-usable stickers. (Including a humorous Kony 2012 one.)

Also, heads up to any other fellow Canadians who signed up for this, it looks like Canada Post kinda fucked up and sent Day 2 to the wrong people. So there may be an address sticker overlayed over someone else's address on the envelope.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up for it and I've received 5 or 6 so far. I think three of them have been different card packs, one was customized to my name and birth year, another made reference to my butt. They did the newspaper comic thing again.

Spoilers in case you don't want to know what it coming

Then the other day received 3 miracle beans. Apparently they are a naturally occurring thing that when coats the tongue does not allow you to taste certain tastes. It claims (and it swears it isn't a prank) that you could drink straight lemon juice and only taste sweet. They are supposed to last about an hour, and for that hour you cannot taste sour. Should be interesting.

The most recent thing is a 3 foot long printout, double sided, of everyone who donated money to John McCain this year. They donated $250,000 to the Sunlight Foundation which apparently is all about transparency in political donations. Looking through the list made me feel super paranoid - "Why are UPS and FedEX giving him tens of thousands of dollars, especially in a non-election year?"

And yeah, I bought the Black Friday bullshit. It is a small cow pie. My father in law may be receiving it. My wife's idea.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I recieved Day 8. It's an "informational pamphlet" about this thing called miracle berries that "turns sour food sweet." They, of course sent 3 of these berries for us to try.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got the Day 10 envelope and it got a good laugh out of me.

They bought a private island in Maine and gave everyone a small section. The envelope has a little flag for you to write your name on and place on that island.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gumdealer: Yeah it was pretty awesome.

I live in Maine, btw, so my goal is to go to the Waldo County Registry of Deeds to see the actual book and page of the island. Then the island itself. But it's too cold atm to check it out. I bet the lake is frozen or half frozen, so paddling out to it would not be a great idea. It's only about an hour ride away, so it won't be too much of a hassle to check it out in person.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They bought a fucking island. I was already regretting not hopping onto it (just lazy I guess) but this is the one that made me bash my skull against a wall (metaphorically). Man, to own a square foot.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Day 2 today. It's a pack of re-usable stickers. (Including a humorous Kony 2012 one.)

Also, heads up to any other fellow Canadians who signed up for this, it looks like Canada Post kinda fucked up and sent Day 2 to the wrong people. So there may be an address sticker overlayed over someone else's address on the envelope.

I thought that was only me and then started to wonder if it was part of the puzzle!!!!

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By meaninoflife42

Today's trip to the mailbox ended with me getting Day 9, which is a report from the Sunlight Foundation on the money that senators received from organizations for endorsement purposes. Each state gets a different report. Being Canadian, I was interested on who we get. Turns out we got Mitch McConnell.

Here are some interesting facts from this report:

- Pepsico gave him $7,500. Coca-Cola gives him $0

- A bunch of nice unemployed people each gave $5,200

- Sony Pictures donated $4,000. Maybe they should have used that money to beef up their firewall or something instead of giving it away.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really enjoying my tiny section of Hawaii 2

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#37 FinalDasa  Moderator

Well I guess I need to go to Maine now.

My plot is somewhere towards the middle. I look forward to standing in my square foot of land and enjoying the wilderness.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Christmas Eve CAH gave me Day 3, a 10 card pack called The Ghost of Kwanzaa Past. (Fun fact: The ancient Romans used urine for mouthwash.)

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew it was coming and today, it finally came. Day 10 is the paperwork that states that I own 1 square foot of CAH's private island, Hawaii 2. They even included a flag I can plant on my land if I ever visit it.

This is the best kind of dumb.