Changing airports in Tokyo?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My first time flying is coming up, and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. My flight goes fromHalifax, to Toronto, to Haneda Airport in Tokyo, and then I have to go to Narita International Airport to fly to Korea. When I arrive in Tokyo, what's the easiest way to get to Narita Airport? Kinda don't know what I'm doing. I've never even been outside of Canada before.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that you seem to be somewhat uncertain about what you are doing, traveling by shuttle bus between the airports is likely the best option (http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/). You can also take the train if you want, although obviously that is less convenient.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crysack said:

Given that you seem to be somewhat uncertain about what you are doing, traveling by shuttle bus between the airports is likely the best option (http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/). You can also take the train if you want, although obviously that is less convenient.

Somewhat uncertain is an understatement. I have absolutely no idea.

wittgkatzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really far away. The easiest way is to take what they call a "Limousine Bus" (its just a bus). They circulate between most major Hotels + Narita + Haneda and will cost about 30 USD I believe. You might want to get a reservation - it will take 1,5 hours I think?

The alternatives are all worse, but might be more fun. If you want to ride on a Japanese train, you can do it by changing once in Shinagawa (Keikyu Line -> Narita Express), but it will be more expensive, slower and less convenient ultimately.

Not a big chance for sightseeing either. Haneda is in a somewhat interesting area, Narita is in the middle of nowhere.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wittgkatzi: Okay, and I assume it's easy enough to get a ticket for the bus and everything? And I also assume I have enough time to catch my flight in Narita? I'll arrive in Haneda at 3:35 and my flight from Narita to Korea is at 7:10

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

@krullban: Here and here.

The bus ride is about an hour so you should be good on time.

Which airline are you flying with?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

It so happens I'm going to Tokyo in a couple of months. Already have everything planned out. You can get to Narita Airport by taking a direct train from Tokyo Station (which is obviously the main train station in Tokyo). It takes a little over an hour and costs about 1500 yen. I believe this train departs every hour. Apparently people actually speak English (somewhat) in Tokyo Station. You can also take a train from Haneda Airport to Tokyo, which will conveniently stop at Tokyo Station. This one takes about 20 minutes. Not sure on price. I've been told you can expect people to speak English at both airports.

So basically, once you arrive at Haneda, take the train to Tokyo Station, then take the train to Narita from there. You can also order a taxi, though you should be warned that they are much more expensive than taking these trains. I'd advise against it.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@krullban said:

@wittgkatzi: Okay, and I assume it's easy enough to get a ticket for the bus and everything? And I also assume I have enough time to catch my flight in Narita? I'll arrive in Haneda at 3:35 and my flight from Narita to Korea is at 7:10

Not trying to scare you or anything. but you're gonna have to bookit. That's not a lot of time to land, get through customs and check in again at Narita. Just have a clear plan and go go go. Assume you'll get out of Haneda at 4 at the earliest, then you gotta get the bus which can take anywhere from an hour to 2 hours. That puts you at Naritas door at 5 at the earliest. Usually, international check-in time is at least two hours before your flight. So just go go go. Stay calm and you should make it. Know your flight numbers and find the gates ASAP.

Once you get to Seoul (if that's where you're going) send me a message on here and I'll buy you a beer :)!

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramsy: scaring me man! Haha. I've never even flown before so I'm not sure how fast I can really be when I have no idea what I'm doing.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Cramsy

@krullban: nah mate that's fine, it's an awesome experience :)! Is there any time limit on you arriving in Korea? I'd say to even cancel the flight from Japan to Korea and book another at a better time. They're super cheap for a return ticket. I can't even imagine how cheap it would be one-way.

If you can't, I'd say to jump in a cab and do it that way. It's gonna be a risk looking for the bus stop and maybe missing it which might cost precious time. Then again, I don't know how often it comes exactly and you might be fine.

Like others said, a cab will be super expensive but less than a missed flight (maybe...again, it's dirt cheap cheap to and from Japan from Korea)