CNN: An influx in real superheroes.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

Pictured: "Geist" patrols Rochester Minnesota.
Here is the link.

With all the negative news these days (Especially regarding Carradine today: My god.), I dunno, this one just made me smile. Here are some points from the CNN article that I found both hilarious and awesome:

* There is a "superhero" named Mr. Xtreme (Again: Spelling "Extreme" with an "E" is so...not "Extreme".)
* He founded the....*ahem*.... "Xtreme Justice League".... In San Diego.
* Mr. RavenBlade was laid off from a computer coporation in my state of Washington. Was inspired after he succefully stoped a rape/mugging.
* It's difficult to be a super hero in North Carolina. Citizen arrests are illegal.

Great quotes:
"Sometimes it's been really positive with people saying, 'Woohoo, the superheroes are here,' and then the usual barrage, saying 'Oh, these guys are losers.' Other times people will look kind of freaked out, and then sometimes people just don't know what to think about us."

"A lot of kids say they're real-life superheroes [on MySpace]," Mr. Ravenblade said. "But what are you doing? Being in front of a computer is not helping anybody."

Mr. Ravenblade said he and some of his superfriends would soon be trying to organize a Walk for Babies fundraiser in Portland, Oregon.

Pictured: "The Coon" patrols South Park Colorado

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Ah patrols, time for me to dust off the fedora and get my titanium/spiked cane.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheFreeMan

Hell to it, I'm going to say that this is all sorts of kickass.

Although, you kinda need superpowers to be a "super"-hero. And the only even moderately good costume was Geists, and that still looked strange.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Crono

Wow.  I don't know if it should be considered as such, but this may be (one of) the strangest case(s) of life imitating art.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

Perfect picture for the situation.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By vidiot
@Snipzor said:
" Ah patrols, time for me to dust off the fedora and get my titanium/spiked cane. "
I KNEW YOU ARE "THE CANE!"

@TheFreeMan said:
" Hell to it, I'm going to say that this is all sorts of kickass.Although, you kinda need superpowers to be a "super"-hero. And the only even moderately good costume was Geists, and that still looked strange. "
Hey, my hat goes off to them.
Mr. Xtreme was not as "Xtreme" looking as his name entailed.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47

LMFAO! This is awesome. "If i were a super hero, i would be awesome man"

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thats pretty cool, but when I saw a video of some real life super heroes, they actually were pretty dumb looking, if your going through the trouble of becoming one, atleast make an awesome suit, don't get it at the salvation army.