Come join the Screened Chat for the Emmys! Today!

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By PatVB

Hey guys, the Screened chat is going to be open tonight at 5pm PDT for the Emmys. If you're planning on watching them, feel free to stop by and discuss!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Screened? What's that?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

Screened is dead to me.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

People still go to Screened? Really? Why?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@iAmJohn said:

Well, PatVB is a moderator there, so I can't blame the guy for coming over here to try to drum up some more people to watch the Emmy live chat.

The disturbing part is that despite me logging in to Screened with my premium account, it a) still played an ad when I went into the chat, and b) below said ad it told me "This advertisement directly supports Whiskey Media", which I find HIGHLY unlikely.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By teh_destroyer

Screened is still stuck in that place between heaven and hell.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SlightConfuse

Screened si still a thing, wow

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By pyromagnestir

Will Rorie or Alex be there? No? Then fuck that.

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By PatVB

Oops, just to clarify, it's just the chat that's open. There's no video stream, so it still shows the old GB box.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Man, those people that spent hours editing Wiki articles in that website would probably feel pretty frustrated if they read this thread. Even if they are aware of the decreased popularity of the website.

I myself think may have neared or even reached 3000 wiki points, but with a 1000 wiki point boost because of already having over 1000 wiki points on Giant Bomb.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BisonHero

This has prompted me to go to Screened for the first time in a long while, and it makes me feel pretty sad. I know its community was never as vibrant as Giant Bomb, but it seems that the number of active users is remarkably low, given how infrequently people post in the forums.

I feel bad for the new writers on the site, as they have to live under the shadow of Matt and Alex, and even if the new writers are particularly exemplary film critics, the site was so personality driven that I still don't think it could recover. Also just the fact that it got a lot of cross-traffic (or whatever the term is) from other Whiskey Media sites, and I imagine that somewhat propped Screened up.

Anyway, can we not be dicks about "Haha, Screened still exists?" It's a bummer that its community has died off to such an extent, and it's a bummer that both Alex and Matt had to leave it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman
@Snail

Man, those people that spent hours editing Wiki articles in that website would probably feel pretty frustrated if they read this thread. Even if they are aware of the decreased popularity of the website.

I myself think may have neared or even reached 3000 wiki points, but with a 1000 wiki point boost because of already having over 1000 wiki points on Giant Bomb.

I'm in the top 5 in wiki points on Screened and I haven't been there since Rorie left. As awful as the site is now, I have no regrets. My only regret is that the site was bought out in the first place.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@BisonHero said:

This has prompted me to go to Screened for the first time in a long while, and it makes me feel pretty sad. I know its community was never as vibrant as Giant Bomb, but it seems that the number of active users is remarkably low, given how infrequently people post in the forums.

I feel bad for the new writers on the site, as they have to live under the shadow of Matt and Alex, and even if the new writers are particularly exemplary film critics, the site was so personality driven that I still don't think it could recover. Also just the fact that it got a lot of cross-traffic (or whatever the term is) from other Whiskey Media sites, and I imagine that somewhat propped Screened up.

Anyway, can we not be dicks about "Haha, Screened still exists?" It's a bummer that its community has died off to such an extent, and it's a bummer that both Alex and Matt had to leave it.

I used to post on the threads there, but ever since the split, I stopped for some reason. It's probably because I don't know anyone that's there.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Bigheart711

I still visit Screened from time-to-time, which is more depressing than fun since I used to frequent it back then. I'll still visit the chat for a bit.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePickle

@BisonHero said:

I agree with everything this person says.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By crusader8463

@BisonHero said:

@iAmJohn said:

Well, PatVB is a moderator there, so I can't blame the guy for coming over here to try to drum up some more people to watch the Emmy live chat.

The disturbing part is that despite me logging in to Screened with my premium account, it a) still played an ad when I went into the chat, and b) below said ad it told me "This advertisement directly supports Whiskey Media", which I find HIGHLY unlikely.

The live Streams here do the same thing.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Milkman

Screened aside and as far as the actual Emmys go, Parks and Rec got completely snubbed so my reaction to the Emmys is as follows:

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DoctorWelch

Like everyone else has said, people still go there?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Silver-Streak

The site is ok, and the new editors are ok, but it still doesn't have the same appeal as when Rory and Alex were there.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thegoldencat7

Poor, poor screened. We hardly knew ye.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wjb

I'm switching back and forth and all I've seen is The Modern Family Award for Best Supporting Actor and Jon Cryer winning Best Actor when it should be Louis C.K., or at least Alec Baldwin (probably not since 30 Rock had a down year last season).

I'm finished.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Milkman said:

Screened aside and as far as the actual Emmys go, Parks and Rec got completely snubbed so my reaction to the Emmys is as follows:

Ron F'N Swanson !!! BTW screened is still a good website just cause Rorie and Alex left doesn't mean it's not a great place alot good columns.

PS. Fuck Hipsters.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Milkman

@wjb said:

I'm switching back and forth and all I've seen is The Modern Family Award for Best Supporting Actor and Jon Cryer winning Best Actor when it should be Louis C.K., or at least Alec Baldwin (probably not since 30 Rock had a down year last season).

I'm finished.

Jon fucking Cryer? That makes slightly nauseous.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThePickle

Oh right, Girls got nominated despite being a terrible show. And Community didn't get nominated despite being a great show.

I think I'll stick with the Ravens/Pats game.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Screened is awesome.

Further more, fuck yall.