NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@realph said:

I'm sorry, but this show has jumped the shark this season, and dangled the carrot for far too many a seasons. They keep dragging out Dexter getting caught. The dynamic of the show is so stale that it's become formulaic.

Dexter stabbing a guy in broad day at a shooting range. Debra hugging LaGuerta and turning up to the party without even blood speck on her shirt. Fuck off! The writers have gotten so lazy this season, I can't wait until they put a bullet in this show.

To add onto it, it's fucking lame that Dexter gets caught mostly because he's terrible at being "invisible". So it's not like you see clever people outwit each other, it feels more like the is driving the characters. From the very first episode on it was clear that LaGuerta would pursue that crap and confront Dexter near the very end of the season. Slowly, step for step - exactly how everyone imagined it. No mid-season "holy shit!!! it's going down NOW!" No, none of that. Just the obvious season-end plotpoint coming closer and closer. And again, it doesn't feel like LaGuerta is especially clever. I mean, to be honest, Dexter is so awful at being careful that the entire world should know his "secret" by now, but apart from that it's a lot contrived bullshit that allows LaGuerta to find out about Dexter. I mean oh, boat recordings? Well I guess, I mean okay, no reason for those not to exist I suppose. Wedding photos with Dexter on there? Okay, yeh, that could happen. Security footage that Mike ordered? Aye.

You know, it's nothing where you can straight out say that it's terrible and super improbable but it wasn't build up in a clever way either. They didn't plant tiny plot points in the previous seasons that could make LaGuerta's discovery more existing. It's just another mediocre plotline, which Dexter has tons of. I also love how LaGuerta just blindly, without notifying anyone, drives to Dexters position after she got the call from that one dude. He was missing, none would've called out LaGuerta if she asked for backup or so for it.

Oh well, I know that I'm kinda nicpicking here but eh, fuck, that show deserves it. It's not like it's especially great in the grand picture either.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#202  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Deb should've shot herself in that last scene. Having LaGuerta get shot just felt like such a cop out.

I love Dexter, but the show just needs to wrap itself up... it's gone on for far too long.'

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By realph

@NaDannMaGoGo: TOTALLY AGREE! That mid-season "holy shit" moment isn't in Dexter's DNA. Same shit. Different season. Follow the carrot into Season 8.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#204  Edited By Ben_H
@dudeglove said:

@Ben_H said:

Just like Lila killing Doakes, Deb killing Laguerta means that Dexter still hasn't broke his code.

Yes he has. Two episodes ago he iced Hanna's father and it's made blatantly clear that the father didn't fit the code, but Dex wanted to do it anyway. He's also accidentally killed other folk in the moment as well, like whatshisface's brother at the start of Season 3.

Last night's episode was ballin'. I liked the little romantic sequences between Doakes and Dex.

Wow how did I forget that. He also killed that random dude in season 5 when he was out boating. I definitely wasn't thinking that through. I guess I was just thinking of major kills.
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#205  Edited By pyromagnestir

@YI_Orange said:

This finale just reminded me how much I miss Doakes and how good those first two seasons were.

Losing the dynamic his character brought to the show is really the biggest complaint I have about the show post season 2. Without him the show also seemed less funny, when I thought that the first and second season were actually quite funny. The first half of the second season was, at least, as if I recall correctly the second half was a lot darker.

Having said that, the way Deb reacted to finding out Estrada was in the trunk was fucking hilarious.

I really, really liked the finale. I thought the season was sputtering a little bit down the stretch, but they found a good stopping point.

Certainly there are nits that can be picked in the finale. No backup, Laguerta? I guess I could chalk that one up to her feeling ostracized after the debacle that ensued arresting Dexter. And I was just plain hoping for a more interesting resolution to all the Hannah stuff since it's been central to the show since Sirka's death (if it really ends with her, "OK I did it, but I won't tell anyone about you!" followed by her to escaping, never to be seen again, well, that's not great.)

I also think the pacing of Laguerta's investigation into Dexter throughout the season was off. At first her investigation was moving at a snail's pace leading me to suspect it would pick up in the finale and be a main thread for season 8, but then suddenly copious amounts of circumstatial evidence fell into her lap (oh and of course everybody else thinks she's just crazy) leading for her to put the screws in for the last couple episodes, but in a season that already had Sirka, Hannah, Deb finding out about Dexter, maze guy, plus a dumb Quinn arc, a brief arsonist distraction, Estrada, and fuck, creepy geek guy was around at the start of this season too, wasn't he? I don't know, it felt like too much for just one season. Something should've been cut or reworked to make it all flow better.

But man that final scene... I think that shit was good. Damn good. And Doakes!

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#206  Edited By spankingaddict

Amazing season ! You guys are crazy how you pick everything apart . If you think you can do better then make a show yourselves :D

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By intro

Great season, really enjoyed it.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By NinjaBerd

Doakes saying "Surprise Motherfucker!" was the best thing this season.