Disappointment

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AthleticShark

Some of you guys might be disappointed with the winner of my Music Game of the Year. Here it is anyways
The winner is...Rock Revolution! This game was fucking amazing. Fantastic covers, great arcade style, and a fantastic drumset!

So that's it, see you guys later!

Ok, honestly, the game comes in last. The game was, bad. It would have been great if it came out before guitar hero, but it did not. Not customizable characters, no fucking guitars to choose from, crappy set list, overall bad game. The way the notes come down are just awkward and hard to get used too. I never even tried drums, but the drum set itself is just fucking awful looking.

3rd goes to GH: Aerosmith. The game was good for what it was. It actually added more guitars and more clothing options. Aaron Thomas said it lacked variety, well no fucking shit its called Aerosmith for a reason. It was a good filler for World Tour and was fun. I am not a huge Aerosmith fan, but I like them more now and it songs are just fun to play.

So here it comes. Numero uno. Some of you might be shocked, but it is honestly a fucking hard choice to make because I see the games differently and each are better then each other in very different ways.

So instead of giving a number 2, i just have to say it is a tie for first.

Rockband is a great game. It has a shitload of dlc, but a lot of the DLC has been crap. I mean country, Naked Brother Band? i know you can't please everyone, but they shouldn't try too really either. They should send out stuff that they know will sell and is actually "rock" in a sense. However, that is just my opinion and I know I am sort of wrong in that statement, but a lot of the DLC sucks balls lately. Along with that, the peripherals suck. The drumset is ok, but has broken to many times. The guitar just sucks ass. Mic is a mic. The game improved ALOT over RB1, but at the same time it was just RB1 with just some things that should have been put into number and added like 5 new clothing items if you catch my drift. It really was not RB2, it was more like 1.5 in my opinion. The game play stayed the same and the only thing keeping you there is friends and a shitload of DLC.

Gh:WT does not have a great set list. However, it makes everything fun. RB takes more of a realistic way, but I play games for fun, not realism. I want a challenge and it does not have to be charted that well for me to care. It is about fun, and it does that well. They toned down the difficulty, added a new one, and my favorite feature, a timer after you pause so you can get ready and keep held notes held. The customization options are great, the guitars and every instrument options are fantastic. The way the setlist is is just fine. The game is fun and I have been playing it a lot. If you say, well hardly any DLC, well they have just gotten started. So far every week they have been releasing new songs and I believe they will continue to do so. The drums are awesome, my IONS are great, but for a game, the GH's ones are better optimized for a video game. There are issues, but not for broken petals or for broken pads. just sensitivity issues. my pair works fine and the extra cymbal adds challenge, but makes me feel just fucking cool and like a real drummer. They only thing I could care less for is the real rockers. I mean they are cool, but whats the point when they play one song. Jimi Hendrix is really cool though and I like having him in there. Otherwise, I could really care less of OZZY is in my game. You can't even use them unless you are using the instrument they play, very lame. Also it is odd how when Sting is up playing bass, there is still a bassist... The other plus is a small one. In RB, if its a girl song in the setlist, they just have a guy sing it, GH has it change from a guy to girl without any loading times per say. It is so simple and it is annoying seeing a guy sing a girl song in a game, just awkward.

So on a fun level and peripheral level, GH wins. I mean the guitar is awesome even though sliding transitions are awkward. RB has the DLC though and has better effects in the venues and I prefer there graphics. However, I am worried after they released that AC/DC pack and called improvements to RB1 RB2 when it really was just a big track pack with some updates. The ION kit itself is great, but can be a big pain in the ass and can be easy to miss the cymbals and can take up a shitload of room. Also the area of where the pads are supposed to go is awkward. You can only customize so much.

I really did not mean to write this much, but I hope you enjoyed and I hope I made some good points.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AthleticShark

Some of you guys might be disappointed with the winner of my Music Game of the Year. Here it is anyways
The winner is...Rock Revolution! This game was fucking amazing. Fantastic covers, great arcade style, and a fantastic drumset!

So that's it, see you guys later!

Ok, honestly, the game comes in last. The game was, bad. It would have been great if it came out before guitar hero, but it did not. Not customizable characters, no fucking guitars to choose from, crappy set list, overall bad game. The way the notes come down are just awkward and hard to get used too. I never even tried drums, but the drum set itself is just fucking awful looking.

3rd goes to GH: Aerosmith. The game was good for what it was. It actually added more guitars and more clothing options. Aaron Thomas said it lacked variety, well no fucking shit its called Aerosmith for a reason. It was a good filler for World Tour and was fun. I am not a huge Aerosmith fan, but I like them more now and it songs are just fun to play.

So here it comes. Numero uno. Some of you might be shocked, but it is honestly a fucking hard choice to make because I see the games differently and each are better then each other in very different ways.

So instead of giving a number 2, i just have to say it is a tie for first.

Rockband is a great game. It has a shitload of dlc, but a lot of the DLC has been crap. I mean country, Naked Brother Band? i know you can't please everyone, but they shouldn't try too really either. They should send out stuff that they know will sell and is actually "rock" in a sense. However, that is just my opinion and I know I am sort of wrong in that statement, but a lot of the DLC sucks balls lately. Along with that, the peripherals suck. The drumset is ok, but has broken to many times. The guitar just sucks ass. Mic is a mic. The game improved ALOT over RB1, but at the same time it was just RB1 with just some things that should have been put into number and added like 5 new clothing items if you catch my drift. It really was not RB2, it was more like 1.5 in my opinion. The game play stayed the same and the only thing keeping you there is friends and a shitload of DLC.

Gh:WT does not have a great set list. However, it makes everything fun. RB takes more of a realistic way, but I play games for fun, not realism. I want a challenge and it does not have to be charted that well for me to care. It is about fun, and it does that well. They toned down the difficulty, added a new one, and my favorite feature, a timer after you pause so you can get ready and keep held notes held. The customization options are great, the guitars and every instrument options are fantastic. The way the setlist is is just fine. The game is fun and I have been playing it a lot. If you say, well hardly any DLC, well they have just gotten started. So far every week they have been releasing new songs and I believe they will continue to do so. The drums are awesome, my IONS are great, but for a game, the GH's ones are better optimized for a video game. There are issues, but not for broken petals or for broken pads. just sensitivity issues. my pair works fine and the extra cymbal adds challenge, but makes me feel just fucking cool and like a real drummer. They only thing I could care less for is the real rockers. I mean they are cool, but whats the point when they play one song. Jimi Hendrix is really cool though and I like having him in there. Otherwise, I could really care less of OZZY is in my game. You can't even use them unless you are using the instrument they play, very lame. Also it is odd how when Sting is up playing bass, there is still a bassist... The other plus is a small one. In RB, if its a girl song in the setlist, they just have a guy sing it, GH has it change from a guy to girl without any loading times per say. It is so simple and it is annoying seeing a guy sing a girl song in a game, just awkward.

So on a fun level and peripheral level, GH wins. I mean the guitar is awesome even though sliding transitions are awkward. RB has the DLC though and has better effects in the venues and I prefer there graphics. However, I am worried after they released that AC/DC pack and called improvements to RB1 RB2 when it really was just a big track pack with some updates. The ION kit itself is great, but can be a big pain in the ass and can be easy to miss the cymbals and can take up a shitload of room. Also the area of where the pads are supposed to go is awkward. You can only customize so much.

I really did not mean to write this much, but I hope you enjoyed and I hope I made some good points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nice explanation for each game. I bet people will get mad at you for your opinion though.

*cough* ARTIE *cough*

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BraindeadRacr

I almost shat myself when I read "Fantastic covers". Good thing that part was sarcasm...

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JamesF

Isn't "fantastic cover" an oxymoron?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I second Tru3_Blu3's comment, be ready...

Anyway I can see why you chose WT over RB2, as it's not like the game was completely devoid of fun. It was a solid first effort into the 4-player band game and maybe if it had better music I would've liked it a lot more.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Artie

Harmonix seems to be supporting Rock Band 2 more so than Neversoft will support World Tour. When you have soulless statements like "You should have to pay for custom songs," it just doesn't bold well for that game's future DLC.

Also I think you're being unfair with the drum comparison. Yeah the World Tour drums are fun, but let's not be naive they're just as busted as the Rock Band ones. Yours work great? Well my RB2 drums haven't had a single problem, whereas my friend's WT drumkit (I didn't buy it) doesn't register anything on the red pad. And the customer service is god awful. If your stuff breaks in Rock band, they just send you new stuff. If it breaks in World Tour? They tell you to buy a device that you have to pay for, so you can have a CHANCE at fixing something. My friend's red pad? It just doesn't work, even if the sensitivty is all the way up. And that's where the divide really comes down for me.

I could talk about "No Fail Mode" being a lot friendlier than World Tour's set up, and the art style being better in RB, and soundtrack being more varried, but really it's about customer satisfaction. I want DLC at a fair price, often, and I want to know that if this expensive investment breaks, I don't have to worry about fixing it with my own cash. I have that with RB, and not GH.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hexpane
HellBound said:

Rockband is a great game. It has a shitload of dlc, but a lot of the DLC has been crap. 
epic phail

QOTSA
Foo FIghters
Mission of Burna
B.Y.O.B.
etc.,..
Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Artie

I was also going to say that, yeah not all of it is awesome. But there's enough good DLC to make another Rock Band game, so what are you complaining about?

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By eric_buck

From what you wrote it doesn't seem like a tie... GH looks way better from what you wrote. RB's problems looks way bigger than GH's!

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By lvl10Wizard
JamesF said:
"Isn't "fantastic cover" an oxymoron?"

that would depend on the song...obviously.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
Hexpane said:
"HellBound said:

Rockband is a great game. It has a shitload of dlc, but a lot of the DLC has been crap. 
epic phail

QOTSA
Foo FIghters
Mission of Burna
B.Y.O.B.
etc.,.."
You forgot to mention:
The Who
Grateful Dead
Boston
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Red Hot Chili Peppers
RUSH!
Metallica
The Killers
The Police
The Smashing Pumpkings

Well, you get what I am saying. There a bunch of worthwhile RB songs out there, probably more good than bad.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hexpane
RHCPfan24 said:
"Hexpane said:
"HellBound said:

epic phail

QOTSA
Foo FIghters
Mission of Burna
B.Y.O.B.
etc.,.."
You forgot to mention:
The Who
Grateful Dead
Boston
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Red Hot Chili Peppers
RUSH!
Metallica
The Killers
The Police
The Smashing Pumpkings

Well, you get what I am saying. There a bunch of worthwhile RB songs out there, probably more good than bad.
"
Unfortunately there are only like 2 good Pumpkins songs.. NEED MORE GISH AND SIAMESE DREAM!
I do have the Boston and Nirvana albums, but holy shit singing boston songs is fucking tough