Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Grimhild

@Sin4profit:

Absolutely. I'm not really in the market for any more firearms right now since I have a couple for whatever purpose I need them for, but I won't turn down a testimony.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I have one carbine. Going to be getting pistols in a year when I can get a concealed weapon license. I also have combat knives and one deer skinning knife. I have a katana and 4 other swords as well. One isn't sharp, two are more like big daggers. Looking into getting throwing knives as well. Also want to get a shotgun.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Welding

I got this knife.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By largo6661

My father collects old Japanese swords but I've never touched any of them because their so valuable. But they are still weapons :)

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#205  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Dagbiker said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic said:

Soon an argument will be coming. I'm going to go grab some popcorn to get ready for the show.

No, it is just that Mariachi has been harassing me for a while for some reason... I am getting quite sick of it.

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jay444111

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Tim_the_Corsair
@Jay444111

@jakob187 said:

I have a Louisville Slugger, aluminum alloy 29" 19oz with a 2 3/4" barrel. Swings like a beauty...and it has broken three arms so far.

Okay! Time for you to tell us a story!

@MikeGosot said:

Firearms aren't allowed in Brazil, so i don't have one. But i know how to stab, so that's great, right? ...Right?

How IS Brazil anyway? I imagine it would have horrible internet service and be hot enough to melt flesh from your bone... am I far off?

@falserelic said:

@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic said:

The only gun I have is a 38 revolver. Its always in my bedroom drawer next to me. Just in case an asshole decides to break in my apartment.

How often do you fire it?

I never fired it I hope I don't have to.

Before you fire it against a intruder I FULLY recommend that you train with it at a local shooting range. Ask around to find them out. Otherwise you may as well hit a barnyard wall if you plan on using it without any experience.

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I'm from Australia, where our gun laws are actually sane and thus preclude people from owning guns for no reason. I do have a few replica swords of varying types and sharpness, as well as a legitimately deadly dagger (+1 against intruders, +3 against orcs) and a small baseball bat that is a perfect billy club substitute.

Dude... stop bad talking us. At least we won't be invaded... Without a fight that is!!! That along with the fact that guns have saved many innocent lives such as the guy below is a good thing they exist... also we no longer have a survival of the fittest attitude in the world with them and that is a insanely good thing considering we would all most likely still live in lodge cabins!

But let us not get into a debate... just stop talking crap about us in the United States okay?

Stop being such a child.
Stop criticizing our gun laws even though they are clearly terrible! Jay, he is in no way "talking crap" by correctly pointing out how bad our gun laws are. Come on.

Um... our gun laws aren't bad. How about you two grow up and stop acting like children when out gun laws are pretty sound. Sure some parts can get fixed tp be slightly better, but saying it is all wrong is bullshit.

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen typed.

See! Dude... please stop being a jerk. Do I constantly tell you insults constantly? No I don't! So please knock that shit off! Now.

You can't just say "Our gun laws are great" with no evidence to back it up. It's just not true. This isn't an insult but a plea for evidence without hyperbole. The US has thousands of incidents of gun related violence and many resulting in the deaths of innocents. It's so extraordinarily high compared to the rest of the western world that it's disturbing. 2011, our country had 12,996 murders, with 8,775 of those murders caused by guns. Compare that to places like the UK where there are usually less than 300 every year or in Switzerland where gun related incidents are so low that "records aren't even kept." The rates are going down, for sure, but not nearly fast enough. We have the highest murder rate in the western world and we need to fix it.

Yah, but if it wasnt Guns it would be knifes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16626558

Knives are much easier to defend yourself against. You can't deny that. I would much rather someone tried to mug me with a knife than a gun.

No they aren't. I've been in a knife fight before and it's the most terrifying experience. Been shot at too, and I can safely say that if I had to pick, the knife was scarier.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@GrantHeaslip said:

I live in Toronto, and I don't think I've ever so much as seen a real gun that wasn't carried by a police officer. During the G20 in Toronto, some police had rifles and it freaked me the fuck out. I can't even imagine owning a gun or having a friend who did.

It's not so much a moral thing, but more that it's such a remote idea to me. Hunting isn't something I'd ever do, and I've basically never felt threatened anywhere in the city. That said, to those defending ubiquitous gun ownership, it's hard to ignore the correlation between gun ownership and gun violence.

The number of gun related crimes with registered weapons is very small. Much of the gun violence in the US is committed with unregistered and illegally obtained firearms.

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Erk_Forever

@SathingtonWaltz: If you can outrun a person with a knife you are safe. The gun is entirely dependent on the person firing it. I'd rather rely on me than them. That's just my opinion.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@GrantHeaslip said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@GrantHeaslip said:

I live in Toronto, and I don't think I've ever so much as seen a real gun that wasn't carried by a police officer. During the G20 in Toronto, some police had rifles and it freaked me the fuck out. I can't even imagine owning a gun or having a friend who did.

It's not so much a moral thing, but more that it's such a remote idea to me. Hunting isn't something I'd ever do, and I've basically never felt threatened anywhere in the city. That said, to those defending ubiquitous gun ownership, it's hard to ignore the correlation between gun ownership and gun violence.

The number of gun related crimes with registered weapons is very small. Much of the gun violence in the US is committed with unregistered and illegally obtained firearms.

But if they weren't so ubiquitous, they'd be a lot harder to steal. If I wanted to get a hold of a gun illegally, I wouldn't even know where to start. I don't get the sense that's the case in a lot of the US.

True, but disarming the populace is hardly the answer to that.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Sploder

A couple of dumbells in my room that I could probably use to reign down my pugilistic rage.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#212  Edited By BonOrbitz

I own a bat so you better watch yer knees when you come at me with a knife.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#213  Edited By bombHills

I have a few pistols and a shotgun. I don't really think of them as being for protection, just fun. Sometimes I go bird hunting with my dad but most the time I shoot trap or targets. Anyone who has a gun for just protection and has never fired it should at least go to the shooting range and fire off a few rounds every now and then. What good is a gun for protection if when the time comes you can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's dangerous to go out alone, Here take this
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By falserelic

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

O Shit! those burglars better watchout now. Someone got that real burner yo.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#216  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I live in Deadmonton so I carry a knife wherever I go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Oh shit is right!!!! Gotta be prepared!

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By thornie

I have a few of these...

http://www.albion-swords.com/

Razer sharp. I oil and sharpen them once a month.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#219  Edited By stonyman65

A Springfield 1911, Smith and Wesson 642-2, Ruger 10/22, Walther p-22.. I'm going to get an AR-15 soon and another carry gun. A couple folding knives and a Ka-Bar.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#220  Edited By stonyman65

@falserelic said:

@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic said:

@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic said:

The only gun I have is a 38 revolver. Its always in my bedroom drawer next to me. Just in case an asshole decides to break in my apartment.

How often do you fire it?

I never fired it I hope I don't have to.

Thats what I thought. If you are planing to use it for protection, and have never practiced firing it, then you will probably be able to hit shit. Not to mention you dont know how it feels. You dont know the kick back. And all this while you are scared shitless.

I probably should go to a shooting range Just to get a feel for it.

You can never get enough trigger time..

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Jrinswand

I've got a steak knife, a butcher knife, a bread knife, a paring knife, and a whole bunch of dinner knives.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By AthleticShark

@falserelic: Not only for the reasons stated, but just because firing it once in a while is good for the gun. Make sure everything is in working order so in case you ever do need to use it you won't get an unexpected surprise.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#223  Edited By krazy_kyle

Chinese saber or "Dao"

No Caption Provided
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points