Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Stop defiling my answers with your dirty thoughts.

B

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By High_Nunez

If I want to see a movie I'll go see the damn movie. I don't judge people over nonsense like that. Now eating alone at a swanky restaurant, that's just weird. 

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Nah uh.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By melcene

Going to movies alone is kinda like drinking alone.  And I don't like to do either.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

never. 

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nick

I don't do it but I see nothing wrong with it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@melcene said:
" Going to movies alone is kinda like drinking alone.  And I don't like to do either. "
C'mon. An evening to yourself, a bottle of red and some vidja games. C'MON! 

I've never been to the cinema by myself, but I'm not against it. If the need ever transpired, I'd do it without a second thought.  

The question of whether I'd enjoy it is another thing entirely. I always feel a movie is an experience to be shared...
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lemmycaution217
@High_Nunez said:
" If I want to see a movie I'll go see the damn movie."

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By niall_sg1

Nope..I was nearly going to the other day, walking around town with nothing to do. But then I go to the movies as more of an outing. Like do stuff with friends before and after. I'f i'm going to the cinema on my own I might as well just watch a movie in my room..where I can be in bed and way more comfortable. 

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ckeats

I always go alone.  
New to town, so haven't really made many friends and there's a big theatre here so I go to more movies than I should to entertain myself. 
After spending 4 years with a shitty girlfriend and not being able to go to what I wanted cause she'd rather see the other shitty movies, it's quite a pleasure to go alone now. 
Cheaper too.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Absolutely. I go to the cinema to watch a film, not to intermingle or chat.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Daroki
@rudeboy217 said:
" @High_Nunez said:
" If I want to see a movie I'll go see the damn movie."
"  

And if that means I have to go alone, then that's the way it is.  Movies are fine going with friends, but sometimes I don't want to start the negotiations of what theater to go to, or where we're meeting up to eat before or afterwards.  Sometimes I'm like, "I'm going to see this, I'm going to be here, anyone who wants to come can come, otherwise I'm going to see this, and I'm going to be here..."
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunar_Aura
@Daroki said:
" I'm like, "I'm going to see this, I'm going to be here, anyone who wants to come can come, otherwise I'm going to see this, and I'm going to be here..."

"

Like a boss.
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By yoshimitz707

Nope, I can always count on my cousin to watch a movie with me.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

What is the purpose of C?

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

yes sometimes i don;t wantto be bothered with the hassle of  inviting  friends to come.
Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Daroki
@LunarAura said:
" @Daroki said:
" I'm like, "I'm going to see this, I'm going to be here, anyone who wants to come can come, otherwise I'm going to see this, and I'm going to be here..."

"
Like a boss. "
Must have been the years running a game store and understanding that people don't always show up when they say they're going to.   If you let those people ruin your good time, you'll never have one.  *grin*
elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By elbon

I used to but I have a reason, I have to take a bus from where I live and where I go to college, so during the summer when I'm at home I sometime need to take care of thing where I go to college so to kill time while waiting for the bus home I would go to the cinema as long as the movie won't make me late for my bus. Now I just go to a gaming cafe and play starcraft till I have to get my bus

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By donchipotle

Yes. Because my friends would rather see shit like Grown Ups and I would rather go and see something good. If I want to see a movie, I'll see the god damn movie. There's nothing wrong with seeing a movie solo.

proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By proflate

if you're ashamed about going to the theater alone just bring a pen and notebook. 

looks like you're a reviewer and no one will think the wiser

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Animasta

why wouldn't I?

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dabe

I don't go to the cinema. It's too busy appeasing 12 year olds...even the fucking "art house" one's in my city do this...

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RockAction

Never done it, would feel too self conscious i think, though in saying that i wouldn't judge someone else if they did it 

I don't really like going to the cinema, its fun and everything but contrary to a post above, for me i think films, at least some aren't meant to be a shared experience, or at least they're better if you're watching it by yourself (such as Into the Wild) 

I don't find it hard to get someone to see a film with me, but if everyone hated the film and i couldn't find anyone then yeh i would 

like i said though i don't really like going to the cinema, poor films can be one of the most annoying things to me, and its made worse by the fact that i went to the cinema to see it 

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive never done so and i never will but i dont think theres anything wrong with it

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By No0b0rAmA

No, I would just not see the movie. I'd definatly see a movie alone at home, but not at a theatre.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By yinstarrunner

I've been doing it a lot lately.  I don't have many friends anymore.  Imagine that.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#28  Edited By SMTDante89

No, mainly because the closest movie theater from my home is about a half an hour drive away and I don't have a car of my own.

Except the rare occasion that me and some people go to a theater together, but see different movies.  Then I don't care too much.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You know it's never occurred to me before but I don't think I have.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By borodin
@High_Nunez said:
" If I want to see a movie I'll go see the damn movie. I don't judge people over nonsense like that. Now eating alone at a swanky restaurant, that's just weird.  "
I wish I were as blasé about it as you - I've done it a couple of times when I desperately want to see something that nobody else does but I find it a little uncomfortable. Still, I'll do it if I think it's one of those things I'll kick myself for missing on the big screen 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I went once while waiting for my girlfriend to get out of university and I watched the new Halloween 2.  

Is was shit compared to the first *new* Halloween film.

ProLife_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ProLife_Zombie

I would argue that  watching a movie alone is the proper way to watch a movie. You don't read a book in a group, you usually don't sit around with your friends and listen to a record in a group - why should it be different for movies? It's such a personal experience anyway. You're in the dark, everyone is quiet and during the two hour running time it's not a social gathering.  I find watching a movie alone lets me focus more on the narrative, the characters and the setting, and I come away with a more immersive experience then when I'm with someone and I'm always wondering in the back of my mind if they are enjoying or hating the film as much as I am.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By rjayb89

I've done it once and that was with Inception because Alex and Rorie were about to spoil it in their podcast.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

If I want.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iam3green

yes, i have gone to the movies alone. i went to see bruno a lone because my friend didn't want to go see it. he said it looked gay and stupid, he liked borat. it was made by the same guy. 

it was stupid though. i got ID TWICE!!. i bought the ticket and the lady ask for my ID to make sure i was over 18. the guy at the door to enter the theater asked to see my id. i was just like what the hell. i was 22 when that movie out.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Skald

Never. Not even once.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By izzygraze

I never have but have been thinking about it more and more lately. I've seen some REALLY hot ladies going to movies on their own and yeah...it might be a nice way to meet some art-house ladies. "You're all alone? Might if I join you?" *wink*
  Also, it would be nice to not have to wait for a movie to come out on video or torrent for me to be able to watch it. It's so awkward going to a movie with friends you're not super awesome with; since they're the only ones who like the movies you like. You spend 2 hours in silence which makes afterwards kinda weird. "So, that movie was...good right?" "Not really." "Really? I thought it was ok. Well, see you later." *cold blank stare*

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikkaQ

I did once by accident, since I got to the movie late, and I thought my friends already went in, so when they arrived I wasn't there, and they ended up leaving. The movie was Ghost Rider, so it was a pretty bad movie to begin with. And though I didn't find going in uncomfortable, I found it pretty boring, I'm used to commenting about the movie to my friends. 

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BitterAlmond

I've only ever gone to a movie alone once, and that was to Howl, the movie about Ginsberg's poem and its trial and all that. Otherwise, I go with friends.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CL60

No, I'm not an insecure person, who thinks in order to be in public you must be with another person.

quicksand31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By quicksand31

skipped out early from my brothers wedding set up to see Anchorman alone.

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By High_Nunez
@borodin: Last movie I went to see alone was Valhalla Rising at the tiny IFC theater. While there I thought "man, this actually used to bother me". It's one of those dumb stigmas that are probably perpetuated by the same people who talk mess about how old your cell phone is or something, and use the term GTL. You know, morons. 
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jimbo

I have done, plenty of times.  It's not like it's a social activity in the first place - you sit quietly in a dark room for two hours.  Sometimes I just wear a mac with nothing on underneath too.  

Of course, I don't go anymore because they stopped making good movies and ticket prices are fucking extortionate.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hot_Karl

Yeah, all the time, because if I rely on going with other people, I'd probably never see any movie I want to in theaters. Usually the bigger movies, I'll have someone who wants to go with me, but for stuff like OSS 117 or 2 Days in Paris, it's kind of hard to round up a crew to go with me.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45  Edited By spiceninja

I had a choice between The King's Speech and The Green Hornet. I chose King's Speech and ended up seeing it alone since my friends all saw Green Hornet together. That has been the only time I've seen a movie alone in a theater.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By apathylad

Yeah, I have. It makes more sense with certain movies too. Buried is a much more powerful movie if you watch it by yourself.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i hate going alone. though it doesnt make any sense, considering theres no social interaction watching a movie. so it doesnt make sense to go with someone. oh well

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By JB16
@CoheedFavorHouse said:
" i hate going alone. though it doesnt make any sense, considering theres no social interaction watching a movie. so it doesnt make sense to go with someone. oh well "
This guy pretty much stated my thoughts.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zeforgotten

Mostly after they're closed. Friend works there so it's great to just have the whole thing to myself and just lie down and watch 3 movies and eat free popcorn and candy and stuff. 
Good thing fast metabolism is a "problem" here these days. 

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By raidingkvatch

C was empty so I picked C. I occasionally go to the cinema on my own, but I usually feel a bit weird about it, although that's probably got something to do with having an anxiety disorder any way; that and the fact it always seems to be kids movies, like Toy Story 3, I end on my own in.