User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Regardless of your faith, if something happens after, or if nothing happens after. Do you fear death?    

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thehexeditor

For the most part, I fear death which is in my opinion completely healthy and natural. There have been a few occasions as of late where I feel like death would be 'alright'.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By FourWude

Not really. Whatever is to be, is to be.

Obviously that's not to say I would willingly jump off a bridge. But you can't fight fate.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scooper

I'm an Athiest and yes, right now I do fear death as it's the start of my life and there's many things I want to do still.

If I'm 93 getting my food fed to me through a tube and I don't know who my son is then I probably wouldn't mind a bit of oppertune death coming my way.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I only fear Cthulhu.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unchained

I fear the death of others who are close to me as opposed to my own. I'm not looking forward to the pain of losing my parents,my wife, my brother or my dog.  It will happen, if I outlive them, and it will suck. Conversely, I guess my own fear stems from the pain that  my death will cause to my loved ones. 

I'm not really scared of what happens after death.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hourai

Not really. It's not something I'll have to worry about for another 60-70 years anyways, unless I die in a car accident or something. What's so scary about death, anyways? It's like going to sleep forever. It's peaceful, assuming you didn't die in a horrific way. 

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zithe

Only if you consider "OH SHIT, THAT BUS IS COMI-" fear of death.

Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cslaw

is it even possible not to fear death, death is the unknown and its natural to fear the unknown, a person can be brave in the face of death, but to entirely not fear it, i don't think thats possible, at some point most likely when death is near all people fear it to some extent.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gamefreak9

I'm not religious nor suicidal... but i think it will be a relief... 

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By ReyGitano

Like Ryan said, death is something you just try to not think about or else you go crazy.

skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skadbob

No, Manny Calavera is amazing. Even if i got a cane with a built-in compass from him, I would be happy.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Roger Ebert may be declining rapidly as somebody who you should pay attention to, but I think this quote is particularly astute:

I was happy before I was born, and I imagine death will be a lot like that.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Lemoncookie01

No Caption Provided
I don't fear this guy.
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sanryd

I fear how death will feel if I don't go in my sleep or something similarly painless, but not death itself. Nothing will happen afterwards and I'm indifferent to it. Once I'm dead, I'm dead and there's nothing else. Nothing to think about, nothing I'll be doing. I won't exist anymore.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

No i do not. 
KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By KME93

it is not so much i fear it, i know i am going to die it is part of life, but it is more so that it can happen at any second that keeps me a little concerned

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vasta_narada

I don't have any knowing fear of my end, rather it forces me to wonder: what the hell's the point? The fact that I don't know what the point of my life is, is more messed up to me than what happens after.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainObvious

Of course I do. And everyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Th3_James

I don't fear death, I just fear the way in which I perish. If I die in a stupid way I would be pissed, and if I died from illness I would be pissed.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22  Edited By chstupid

I FEAR NOTHING!!!!!
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not fear, more curious really.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hatking
@CaptainObvious said:
"Of course I do. And everyone who says otherwise is a liar. "

Even somebody who say... has been hospitalized due to a suicide attempt? 

No, I do not fear death.  I do not have time to live in fear.  If I will die then so be it.  I will die and I will have a whole lot less to worry about.  I will not end my own life, not out of a selfish reason, or fear, but for those who care about me and that I care about.  I want to be there for them as long as I can.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainObvious said:
" Of course I do. And everyone who says otherwise is a liar. "
Not true.  People who strap on bulletproof vests all the time and drive 90 miles per hour are not afraid of death.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EvilTwin

I don't really fear being dead, but if someone pointed a gun at me I would probably be afraid.  I expect most of the people in this thread who say they don't fear death feel the same way.  Make of that what you will.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Junkerman
@Vasta_Narada:   Your purpose in life is to produce as many successful offspring as possible.
Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I'm not afraid of death, I'm just kind of annoyed that when I die there will be things I never got to do, most likely incredibly cool things, like upload myself into a sweet robot body or get a genetically engineered clone body that's 8 feet tall and has just as many extraneous appendages, and a sweet set of shark teeth.  Then, I'd eat my old body, because I've wanted to know what people taste like ever since the brain-cooking scene in Hannibal made me want a hamburger.

Also, I always feel kind of bad because I imagine my family would be upset if I was dead.  I'm really just interested in what, if anything, happens afterwards.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FunExplosions

Lol at people lying in an anonymous poll.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Afroman269

I don't dread it. I have more important shit on my mind, but if I was in a situation where death occurring is certain then hell yes I'll fear it.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uniform

Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun or the rain. We can be like they are!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By Icemael

lol at the people who said no. I wonder if their answer would be the same if their lives were threatened. Like, if they were being chased by psycho murderers.

*RING* 
"Hi."
"Hi. Whatcha doin'?"
"Well, I'm being chased by these psycho murderers."
"Holy shit man. Want me to call the cops?"
"Nah bro, I'm cool. I don't fear death. See ya later."
*click*

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By CL60
@Icemael said:
" lol at the people who said no. I wonder if their answer would be the same if their lives were threatened. Like, if they were being chased by psycho murderers.*RING* "Hi.""Hi. Whatcha doin'?""Well, I'm being chased by these psycho murderers.""Holy shit man. Want me to call the cops?""Nah bro, I'm cool. I don't fear death. See ya later."*click* "
That doesn't even make sense, just because you don't want to die, doesn't mean you fear death. I'm not scared of dying, if it happens, it happens. That doesn't mean I want to die, and that doesn't mean I would be cool with people trying to kill me.
Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fenrisulfr
@CaptainObvious said:
Not quite.  Just because you're afraid doesn't mean that others have to follow along with your ideals.  I don't like spiders.  I don't expect everyone else to not like them either.  You're ignoring philosophical, idealogical and even personal beliefs on the matter. 

Death is going to happen.  There's no reason in being afraid of something that you can't avoid.  Sure the preacher will tell you that god awaits behind a pearly gate, or that a devil will claim your soul, but that's not good enough for me.  I want to find out what happens.  So am I afraid of death?  No.  Do I want to die?  Yes.  Immortality is over rated and I want to find out what happens when the eyes close for a final time.  Does that mean I'm in a rush?  No. 

One day I woke up.  No memory of past events.  I just woke up.  I began life at that point as a conscious being.  As far as I'm concerned, death will be the same thing.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Icemael
@CL60 said:
" @Icemael said:
" lol at the people who said no. I wonder if their answer would be the same if their lives were threatened. Like, if they were being chased by psycho murderers.*RING* "Hi.""Hi. Whatcha doin'?""Well, I'm being chased by these psycho murderers.""Holy shit man. Want me to call the cops?""Nah bro, I'm cool. I don't fear death. See ya later."*click* "
That doesn't even make sense, just because you don't want to die, doesn't mean you fear death. I'm not scared of dying, if it happens, it happens. That doesn't mean I want to die, and that doesn't mean I would be cool with people trying to kill me. "
So you're saying that if you were being chased by psycho murderers, say, right now, you'd be totally calm and collected? Not anxious in the least?
Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fenrisulfr
@Icemael said:
This is about the fear of dying, not completely lacking a sense of self-preservation.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60
@Icemael said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Icemael said:
That doesn't even make sense, just because you don't want to die, doesn't mean you fear death. I'm not scared of dying, if it happens, it happens. That doesn't mean I want to die, and that doesn't mean I would be cool with people trying to kill me. "
So you're saying that if you were being chased by psycho murderers, say, right now, you'd be totally calm and collected? Not anxious in the least? "
That's not what I said. There is a difference between fearing death, and fearing people chasing you. 
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CL60
@Fenrisulfr said:
" @Icemael said:
This is about the fear of dying, not completely lacking a sense of self-preservation. "
Also this.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FunExplosions
@Icemael said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Icemael said:
So you're saying that if you were being chased by psycho murderers, say, right now, you'd be totally calm and collected? Not anxious in the least? "
It goes deeper than that, though. You don't fear oblivion? You don't fear being forgotten entirely? You don't fear the inevitability that no matter how hard you try, even if you invent FTL travel and fly to a peaceful alien world, that it will all be forgotten with time? That the universe will expand to the point where every single thing is irrelevant and indefinitely  inhabitable? That we'll likely never truly understand the universe(s) before our civilization is destroyed? 

Don't take that the wrong way. I'm just wondering, is all.
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By danimal_furry

There's no point in fearing it. It's gonna happen, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@InfamousBIG said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
Not true.  People who strap on bulletproof vests all the time and drive 90 miles per hour are not afraid of death. "
But if there is nothing to be afraid of, then why wear the vest? As for your second point, that has nothing to do with it. People who drive that fast are either idiots, or doing it for their job. Nothing to do with fear.
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ZimboDK
@danimal_furry said:
" There's no point in fearing it. It's gonna happen, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. "
This. Everything eventually dies (except Keith Richards). No point in fearing it. We all have to go some day. If there's life after death, awesome. If not, meh. I'll be too dead to care.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Icemael
@CL60 said:
" @Icemael said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Icemael said:
That's not what I said. There is a difference between fearing death, and fearing people chasing you.  "
They're chasing you to kill you. If you aren't afraid of dying, you have absolutely no reason to be afraid of them chasing you.

@Fenrisulfr said:
" @Icemael said:
This is about the fear of dying, not completely lacking a sense of self-preservation. "
Fear is a self-preservation mechanism. Without it, you'd be dead.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@creamypies said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
Not true.  People who strap on bulletproof vests all the time and drive 90 miles per hour are not afraid of death. "
But if there is nothing to be afraid of, then why wear the vest? As for your second point, that has nothing to do with it. People who drive that fast are either idiots, or doing it for their job. Nothing to do with fear. "
Not fearing death doesn't mean not preventing it.  
ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShadowKing7

It's an inevitability, so why fret a lot about it?  Death will come for every living thing on this planet in some way, whether it be dying in your sleep or a car wreck or whatever.  It'll happen at some point, so even as a paranoid motherfucker I don't see the need for fearing it.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CL60
@InfamousBIG said:

" @creamypies said:

" @InfamousBIG said:

" @CaptainObvious said:
But if there is nothing to be afraid of, then why wear the vest? As for your second point, that has nothing to do with it. People who drive that fast are either idiots, or doing it for their job. Nothing to do with fear. "
Not fearing death doesn't mean not preventing it.   "
This. 
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pwnasaurus

everyone saying other wise is lying. your opinion of death might be slightly different when it is staring you in the face. and I mean that by people on this forum, I'm sure most of us haven't even come close to death.

conformunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By conformunist

My fear lies in one simple fact.  There is no such thing as an "instant" death.  No matter how quick, there will be a brief time that I will feel myself dying, and that will blow.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#49  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@InfamousBIG: But how can you say that a cop or a soldier doesn't fear death?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CL60
@pwnasaurus said:
" everyone saying other wise is lying. your opinion of death might be slightly different when it is staring you in the face. "
Again, not wanting to die does not = fearing it. It's going to happen, so why fear it? There is a difference between wanting to prevent dying, and not wanting to die, and fearing it.