Do you subscribe to any music streaming services?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Right now I'm using Rdio and sonza, with a mix of iTunes Radio as well. I do also have a pandora sub as we'll. trying to decide between amazon cloud player premium and iTunes Match for my library storage.

Which do you use or would recommend?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

How many songs do you have? My personal recommendation would be either spotify or google music (I prefer google music, but spotify is good too). Google music allows 20000 songs up to 300mb each. Not sure what spotify allows. Also, from what I've heard (specifically from Jeff Gerstmann) amazon music is kind of bad (interface sucks and uploading music is a chore, but it does have a huge limit if you have a big library). Honestly, both google music and spotify have 30 day free trials. I recommend you give both of those a try and then decide.

Also, the 20000 song storage for google music is free.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I subscribe to Spotify premium. It's probably the best £10 a month I spend on shit I don't really need.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spotify is £10/month for Premium and what that allows is unlimited access to their library of songs (which is a lot of music... most albums end up on there) without ads and allows you to listen to the music on the go (you can download it onto the phone by syncing playlists if you're worried about data though I know at least one mobile provider in the UK allows unlimited spotify streaming) and you get no ads at all. If you spend £5 you get all of the above only can't get 320kbps streaming and you can only listen to your downloaded playlist on shuffle mode (mobile streaming was a premium version only thing until recently, this is like a mobile trial.) and for £0 you get everything the £5 users get only you have adverts after every 3 songs or something like 10minutes in case you feel like cheating the system by listening to really long songs exclusively.

However you can not store any music on a cloud. I'd certainly recommend Spotify over Pandora though, better choice and much better service IMHO and also if you want to go down the ethical route Spotify aren't exactly getting good press but I can tell you for a fact that Pandorra are the biggest bastards in the streaming world, they constantly try to bend the law in order to pay as little royalties as is humanly possible and pay a fraction of what Spotify do in royalties... considering Spotify get scrutinized for their Royalty scheme this is fucking shambolic. Also Pandora are currently pressing to pass a law that will allow them to pay EVEN LESS then they do now. Then again Pandorra is more like Radio whereas Spotify is basically like having access to Gods itunes, play what you want when you want.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru-joe93: I have about 1400 songs. And yeah, I have them in google music as we'll. really, don't know why I paid for both amazon cloud and iTunes Match . I just need to pick one.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: the thing I don't like snout spotify is that they don't have a library or collection system. It's all playlists. The most I can do is create folders.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I tried out music unlimited when it was $12 for a year, it was a decent service but I never ended up using it, I just don't listen to music that much anymore.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I use Sony Music Unlimited. Around Black Friday 2012 they were selling yearlong subs to PS+ members for $12 so I figured 'what the hell' and picked it up. I've never used any other music streaming services (other than Pandora obviously, but I wouldn't compare the two), so it's hard to say whether it's better or worse than any others, but you can listen to their entire library (which is a ton of stuff, I'm actually surprised that they have some of the more esoteric bands that I listen to) on demand either through a web browser on your PC or through their phone app (iOS here, dunno if they've got an android one). You can either stream the music or download something like up to 2000 songs if you're worried about data. No ads or anything like that.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily worth $10 a month for me personally, but it's good at what it does. Sony sent me an email in December that was all "HEY BRO AS OUR VALUED CUSTOMER YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER 3 MONTHS FOR JUST $3" so I did that. Still undecided if I'm going to continue the sub when it jumps to $10. I think the sweet spot is probably $5-7, but if all the other music streaming services are also charging $10 then I don't fault them.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not really recommend it over any other service listed here but i have music unlimited thanks to the plus deal awhile back. 12 bucks for the year, its a good service but not worth the full price it asks for.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Just Spotify. Google can't deal with the amount of music I wanna upload.

Disembodio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Anyone know if Spotify is actually that much better than Rdio? I've been using Rdio for like 3 years now and haven't been bothered to jump ship. Spotify just seems really annoying with its Facebook hooks and all that.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RonGalaxy

@naru-joe93: I have about 1400 songs. And yeah, I have them in google music as we'll. really, don't know why I paid for both amazon cloud and iTunes Match . I just need to pick one.

If that's all the music you've got, then I definitely recommend google music. Its on android and ios, has a great browser player for computers, has the free 20000 song storage, plus the streaming service for 10 dollars a month which has (pretty much) every song you would ever want. You can even download songs from the streaming service to your device for offline use (and its easy, all you need to do is tap the pin icon on an album from the service).

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ravensword

@disembodio: spotify has better bitrates, if that's something you care about?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I subscribe to Xbox Music.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spotify for me. 10 bucks a month with the syncing songs to save on data, plus I haven't hit a single wall as far as artist I like. They even have Julia Nunes on there.

ddiggler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Spotify, I keep iTunes match for all the music I've accumulated over the years on iTunes, and since it organizes collections of albums like someone mentioned, which Spotify does not. However, lately I find myself listening to mostly singles and not albums, and for 10 bucks a month Spotify can't be beat easily. I am basically spending $120 a year for music when I used to spend at least a grand.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I rarely if ever paid for music until last year when my iPod broke and I gave Spotify a shot. The convenience of it was enough to make it worth the subscription fee for me. Only thing I miss about my old music library is all the unreleased leaked material I have from certain artists.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been listening to Digitally Imported since its inception.