Do you think the NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is corrupt?

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By btman

If you don't care about hockey or have anything intelligent to say then don't post.  Just wondering what you guys think about the joke of a commissioner for the NHL.  If you haven't seen, there have been more allegations about him and his staffs corruption that you can find here.  We really need a new guy in there.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

Everyone is corrupt under the right circumstances. =)

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Spiral_Stars

Unlikely. Honestly I don't see what he could possibly be doing other than what he already is. Until he bans players from participating in the Olympics, I don't care what he does.

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Magilicutty
@Spiral_Stars said:
" Unlikely. Honestly I don't see what he could possibly be doing other than what he already is. Until he bans players from participating in the Olympics, I don't care what he does. "
You have a lot of faith, my friend.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Damien
@btman: I don't see the corruption in that article?  That he wants the Kings to win (beckoning to the Gretzky Kings and that level of success he wants to see in all southern markets)?  Because the other option of the Canucks winning is so horrible, right?  Or that the refs take too long to review controversial, crucial calls in the playoffs, in an effort of trying to get it right?  Or the wording of an executive's remarks about said controversial call?  Some may believe Bettman is corrupt but this article doesn't seem to do much to help that theory.  To me, it just seemed like a member of the Vancouver media was butthurt about the disallowed goal.
btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By btman
@jadeskye:   true

@Spiral_Stars:   he really wants the Penguins and Coyotes to do good.
Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Spiral_Stars
@btman: Probably because the Pens are going to be the next NHL dynasty, and the Coyotes will pretty much be completely worthless if they don't do something this year and represent 6 million dudes in the area who might accidentally watch hockey.
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KingBroly

Yes, yes I do

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Rasgueado

There are more important sources of corruption that people should be  concerned about before we start dealing with the way sports league's are run.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss

Tough to tell whether he's totally corrupt, totally incompetent, or most likely a mix of the two.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crono11
@Damien:  Yeah that's about what I feel after reading the article too.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

If he was TOTALLY corrupt I'm pretty sure the city of Toronto would've purchased a Stanley Cup by now, no?

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By btman
@ProfessorEss:    They have to make it t o the playoffs before Bettman can give them a free ride.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm not a fan of Gary, but I don't think he's outright corrupt. He's made some suspect decisions, but nothing outright accusable that I've seen so far.

On a side note, MAN I hope something is done about the ridiculous impact loser points have on the league. Massive amounts of 3-point games during the regular season is just frustrating to no end.