Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

He is the proof that the Nobel Prize is a complete scam. He has been wrong on nearly every prediction. He's an environmentalist liberal hack, not an economist.

Here's a gem from 2002: “To fight this recession the Fed needs…soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. [So] Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble.”

Awesome advice Krugman. Every solution he gives can be dismantled by basic economic principles. He constantly suggests expanding the money supply to lower interest rates. He constantly encourages more spending and malinvestment, which is our problem. He favors price fixing. Oh, and he has no idea how to explain the problem of stagflation or the cause of the business cycle.

So it seems obvious that he's an idiot. Yet people love him. Look at this video someone made about him:

How about you guys, you like him that much?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I dont know anything about him. Someone care to present the other side of this arguement?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I've never heard of him either.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Really? He's on the boobtube all the time. He's one of the most famous writers at the NYT. And he one the Nobel prize in economics. Oh, and he wrote a shitty book called "The Conscience of a Liberal".

I don't think there is another side to the argument though. He's an idiot.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@MB said:
" I've never heard of him either. "
nice alex grey artwork
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Heard of him? I am him! No, not really. Pretty good song though, I love when he sort of starts to dance with the girl blowing bubbles behind him.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ

What i can't figure out is how a level-headed guy like you decided it'd be a good idea to post a video from a guy that obviously doesn't like him. I mean, it's almost Smugdarkloser like (remember when he did the thread about how halo sucks and put all those youtube videos about how much people think it sucks up?)

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@AgentJ said:
" What i can't figure out is how a level-headed guy like you decided it'd be a good idea to post a video from a guy that obviously doesn't like him. I mean, it's almost Smugdarkloser like (remember when he did the thread about how halo sucks and put all those youtube videos about how much people think it sucks up?) "
Ha, what?

This guy adores Paul Krugman. He played it live on The Rachel Maddow Show after she sat there and praised Krugman.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@AgentJ: Yeah, this guy does seem to like this Paul fellow quite a lot.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor

Yeah, they give out those damn Nobel Prizes to any bum off the street. Remember when they gave one to that hack, Desmond Tutu? Since when did he deserve it?! Sorry, don't buy it. That's just me though, and a couple million other people who know this person.

Also, I must say, pretty catchy song.

Who the fuck are these guys?!

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Snipzor said:
" Yeah, they give out those damn Nobel Prizes to any bum off the street. Remember when they gave one to that hack, Desmond Tutu? Since when did he deserve it?! Sorry, don't buy it. That's just me though, and a couple million other people who know this person.

"
soooo random
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By mike

Those that go against Liberal ideals are rarely awarded a Nobel prize, even in non-political fields such as medicine, chemistry, or physics. Nobel is part of the political machine and nothing more, in my opinion.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"
@AgentJ said:
" What i can't figure out is how a level-headed guy like you decided it'd be a good idea to post a video from a guy that obviously doesn't like him. I mean, it's almost Smugdarkloser like (remember when he did the thread about how halo sucks and put all those youtube videos about how much people think it sucks up?) "
Ha, what?This guy adores Paul Krugman. He played it live on The Rachel Maddow Show after she sat there and praised Krugman. "
Really? I guess my sense of sarcasm is dying on me. He sure seemed sarcastic throughout. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snipzor
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"
@Snipzor said:
" Yeah, they give out those damn Nobel Prizes to any bum off the street. Remember when they gave one to that hack, Desmond Tutu? Since when did he deserve it?! Sorry, don't buy it. That's just me though, and a couple million other people who know this person.

"
soooo random "
Actually, the exact opposite of random. I'm saying they don't give those Nobel Prizes out to just anybody. Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela got their prizes through peaceful powerful political activism. Krugman got it for some developed theory that was proven and tested quickly to be brilliant. Or something like that.
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By mikevanpwn
@AgentJ said:
"
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"
@AgentJ said:
Ha, what?This guy adores Paul Krugman. He played it live on The Rachel Maddow Show after she sat there and praised Krugman. "
Really? I guess my sense of sarcasm is dying on me. He sure seemed sarcastic throughout. 
"
Nah he really does like the guy, he was on another MSNBC show a while back as well. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I think?  Weirdest name for a show. lol

Johnathan Mann (guy the Paul Krugman video) was so much better as GameJew.  Anyone remember that?  He made all those videos about the Wii back in 2006.  

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Terra1909

I remember when Krugman debated Bill O'Reilly. He seemed to do a pretty good job then. Are his predictions and analysis perfect? No, but I actually think he's pretty insightful.