#1 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3571 posts) -

I have great news for all those folks who were saddened with the thought of no more delectable hostess cakes to pawn through in the future. Well hostess is back and sounds like we'll be a getting a new batch of their pastries by July 2013 at our local markets. Not sure if anybody else did this but I have a box of them sitting up on my cupboard along with a bottle of new coke in order to hold them for preservation and hopefully show my kids what I used to eat when my metabolism was at its peak. Guess now its time for me to bust open this box of twinkies, but not so sure about that new coke bottle considering I inherited it from my parents old house and its dated with an expiration date of 93' on it.

USA Today Article.

#2 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Today is a good day.

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -

I forgot they were even gone. Its not like it mattered much anyways, many other companies make identical products.

#5 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I haven't had a twinkie in over a decade.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I haven't had a twinkie in over a decade.

My response.

#7 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Ill probably get my first box on the day they sell them again.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

this was all a marketing thing to get people to care about the hostess name again.

#9 Edited by Demoskinos (15013 posts) -

Crisis over people. The day is saved.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Are they going to taste appealing this time around?

#11 Edited by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Are they going to taste appealing this time around?

#12 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1449 posts) -

WHAT....no Cupcakes....

#13 Posted by Nephrahim (1154 posts) -

Who cares about Twinkies. When are Little Debbies going to start making proper Devil Dogs again?!

#14 Posted by Nephrahim (1154 posts) -

Who cares about Twinkies. When are Little Debbies going to start making proper Devil Dogs again?!

#15 Edited by villainy (567 posts) -
#16 Edited by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well that is good. just need wonder bread to come back also. i havn't had a twinkie in probably 7 years. i use to eat them at high school.

#17 Posted by Subjugation (4725 posts) -

Ho Hos are the only thing I ever cared about. It isn't like there weren't any alternatives though.

#19 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6311 posts) -

I don't much care about the snacks, but I sure hope this means we'll eventually see the return of those little bread stores. Those places were pretty all right.

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11910 posts) -

I've always been pro-twinkie in the sense that they're iconic as poor-quality, entirely unhealthy snack food and they deserve to exist if only to establish the bottom of the barrel.

#21 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11910 posts) -

I've always been pro-twinkie in the sense that they're iconic as poor-quality, entirely unhealthy snack food and they deserve to exist if only to establish the bottom of the barrel.

#22 Edited by Kolonel_Kool (332 posts) -

Yeah, tell them about the Twinkie.

#24 Edited by Akyho (1677 posts) -

When I read the word Twinkies my stomach instantly felt heavy, filled with cement and unsure what I should do....because that's what has happened the the 2 times I have eaten Twinkies....and 2 of those are halfs since the person I was with trying them out couldn't eat a whole one and I couldn't stand seeing them put it in the bin.......I am a UK person and that is our unified reaction to Twinkies.

#27 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Halle-fucking-luljah.

#28 Edited by Svenzon (722 posts) -

I've never had Twinkies. They look kinda gross.

#29 Posted by Svenzon (722 posts) -

I've never had Twinkies. They look kinda gross.

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

Twinkies? No.