serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

-------------------------------------------------
at least three early voters in Jackson County had a hard time voting for candidates they want to win.

Virginia Matheney and Calvin Thomas said touch-screen machines in the county clerk's office in Ripley kept switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.

"When I touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved from his box to the box indicating a vote for John McCain," said Matheney, who lives in Kenna.

When she reported the problem, she said, the poll worker in charge "responded that everything was all right. It was just that the screen was sensitive and I was touching the screen too hard. She instructed me to use only my fingernail."

Even after she began using her fingernail, Matheney said, the problem persisted.

www.wvgazette.com...
-------------------------------------------------

Well, could this be some kind of shifty computer glitch? Im not going to say that this was done on purpose because that would be just absurd, but honestly, even after she used her fingernail. Its as if they expected her to just give up. Im going to follow up on this story and see what happens.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gunner

this is one of the reasons why we need the good old fashion paper and pen type of voting slip again. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Keano

Yay.

did you expect anything else from Bush Version 2.0??? He's gonna win the same way his RepubliCUNT Hillbilly buddy won.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By lazyturtle
elliooo said:
"Yeah don't know why they bother with fancy touch screens. I mean really, what was wrong with a freaking piece of paper? Doesn't have these glitches that's for sure."
Two words: Hanging Chads.
If there is a problem with the machine, why not simply ask to use a different one, or demand a paper ballot. I'm sure they have some sort of backup system in place.

Be it paper or electronic a determined person will find a way to cheat.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By mike

This exact scenario was on the Halloween episode of The Simpsons a couple of weeks ago.  I'm calling BS.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By serbsta
MB said:
"This exact scenario was on the Halloween episode of The Simpsons a couple of weeks ago.  I'm calling BS.

"
Lol, no comment.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG

I read a story not long ago that early ballots in New York listed the candidates as John McCain and Barack Osama. It is quite obvious that it is an error, as if the republicans were behind it, they would have listed John McClane and Barack Obama. Can't lose there.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By OGCartman
MB said:
"This exact scenario was on the Halloween episode of The Simpsons a couple of weeks ago.  I'm calling BS.

"
Ahahaha thats awesome.

Nah TC, there would be way more complaints if that was true.

Although its very likely, computer glitch, hacked, the company that tallies the vote paid by a senator, etc that we wont have the presedent we voted for.
thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thanatos990

Looks like the GOP up to there old tricks

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazyturtle said:
"elliooo said:
"Yeah don't know why they bother with fancy touch screens. I mean really, what was wrong with a freaking piece of paper? Doesn't have these glitches that's for sure."
Two words: Hanging Chads.
If there is a problem with the machine, why not simply ask to use a different one, or demand a paper ballot. I'm sure they have some sort of backup system in place.

Be it paper or electronic a determined person will find a way to cheat.
"
Do you remember taking standardized tests?  Voting ought to be done that way.
thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thanatos990

we should have a 3rd party nation, Like Japan, Germany and the UN look over our elections cause this is getting outta control

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

The Patriots are behind all this i know it.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Omega

I don't understand why voting machines in America fail so often.

You'd think the best machines would be used to record votes. I haven't heard any voting problems in Canada's recent election.

But hey, its only democracy right? No reason not to cheap out on the machines that decide who leads the country. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Milkman

I'm sure it's just a problem with the touch screen and not voter fraud. Using a touch screen is just a plain stupid way to tally votes.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By StaticFalconar
Gunner said:
"this is one of the reasons why we need the good old fashion paper and pen type of voting slip again. If it aint broke dont fix it."
Oh like Florida didn't have issues?

Not saying electronic is the answer, but paper isn't flawless.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TheJollyRajah

It should all be done by email, but our government is just too stupid to figure that out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

Of course, blame the Republicans.

Couldn't blame it on the bills that Democrats passed to have computerized systems setup for future elections, right?  No, the ones that wanted to modernize everything with computer error capabilities COULDN'T be the ones to blame for this kind of bullshit.

We need paper ballots, plain and simple.  Democrats:  always wanting to change shit, but when it breaks, they gotta blame someone other than themselves.  Tsk tsk...
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Gunner
StaticFalconar said:
"Gunner said:
"this is one of the reasons why we need the good old fashion paper and pen type of voting slip again. If it aint broke dont fix it."

Not saying electronic is the answer, but paper isn't flawless."
The only reason why florida has troubles is because of electric ballots. With a computer there is too much room for error, the only way you can fuck up a paper ballot is if your a retard.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"Gunner said:

Not saying electronic is the answer, but paper isn't flawless."
The only reason why florida has troubles is because of electric ballots. With a computer there is too much room for error, the only way you can fuck up a paper ballot is if your a retard."
Well, yeah, actually checking off someone's name...
...however, the COUNTING is where the errors come in.

Throw a couple of the black votes away, some of the women votes...a couple of Jews for good measure, and no one ever knows the wiser.

Congratulations, George Bush Jr. is president...again...somehow.