Ever go to nice restaurants by yourself?

• 63 results
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

NOPE its weird..

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sure, I got to McDonalds all the time.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Whitestripes09

I guess if I had like a good pay check and felt like splurging I might. That would be very rare since if that actually happened I would just stick it in the bank as fast as I could. I would rather go to a nice restaurant on a night with friends or a date.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Those people at your workplace are idiots.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why are people so insecure that they have to be seen with someone else if they are eating out or going to the movies? I eat out alone all the time, just take a book or the newspaper and enjoy my time. When I get older I want to be one of those guys who has a specific table set aside for him in some little restaurant, just go in chat to the staff, and eat the same thing nearly every day.

Same with the cinema, if there is a film on and I want to see it and no-one else is about I just go. Something about people who can't do things on their own that worries me. Its like they need everyone else to see that they have friends. No-one cares.

BroadwayMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE going to restaurants by myself. Not to vilify my ladyfriend or family, but sometimes they don't appreciate food as much as I do. I love holding up in a place with a book and sampling different menu items.

AND I REGRET NOTHING.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By leebmx

@ said:

@leebmx said:

Same with the cinema, if there is a film on and I want to see it and no-one else is about I just go. Something about people who can't do things on their own that worries me. Its like they need everyone else to see that they have friends. No-one cares.

I am a lone wolf for over 4 years and I enjoy being alone. I don't have to hear no one's bullshit, or using that person to look good in the eyes of society. To add a little bit, loners who chose to live like that, are far more independent psychically than those who always needs to be around someone for at least such reason mentioned in the first place.

Yeah it needs to be balanced out, you definitely need company at some times. But eating especially is something I quite like doing alone, particularly if I have something interesting to read. I really think that a lot of people don't like to be alone because of their insecurities and they don't have a strong enough self-image to cope with the fact that other people might think they are friendless or unpopular.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do I look like a fucking animal? Hell no!

In less antagonistic terms, I occasionally will go to the bar alone if I'm starving, but a nice restaurant? Never. Even with others I don't typically go to a nice restaurant.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

Eh, probably depends. If I happen to be hungry and I'm near a restaurant, I will. But I don't go "Hey, I should go out and eat alone today!"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

You mean like, Dominos? Then, yah.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By leebmx

@ said:
@leebmx said:

Yeah it needs to be balanced out, you definitely need company at some times. But eating especially is something I quite like doing alone, particularly if I have something interesting to read. I really think that a lot of people don't like to be alone because of their insecurities and they don't have a strong enough self-image to cope with the fact that other people might think they are friendless or unpopular.

I need that of course, but when I don't have much options where I live now (in a small city) I do prefer to stay alone and I am used to it. I had many buddies before, the more I grew up, the more introverted I became. So there's no problem as long as I am not suffering because of loneliness. I will always prefer a dog over these people around me, right this moment. I am actually going to do a really crazy thing on 5 November for someone, to win her friendship. Because I finally met one person in my fresh life (almost 20 y.o) that is worth fighting for. A thing that many people don't got even huge imaginary balls to do it, or they believe is not worth it. Too much bullshit on them, you know...

Spending some time alone with yourself, it can bring you some productive stuff and learn more about yourself. People should stop concern about what society thinks about them. Because let's be serious a little bit, many befriend with others randomly, in order to fit in the society and feel less lonely, but they live a lie, their friendships are pure illusions masked with ignorance. A lone wolf can be much happier than someone who complicates himself with incompatible people.

True, I think all relationships have to based on genuine feelings between two people. Especially romantic ones, nothing makes me more twitchy than two people who really shouldn't be together. Its also way better to have two close friends than hundreds of back-slapping acquaintances. And dogs, man I love dogs. Wish I lived somewhere I could have one know because there is nothing as true and as faithful as a dog - once they have bonded with you they will have your back forever.

What are you going to do the 5th to get this girls attention? You make it sound kind of scary. Not sure where you live but over here Nov 5th is Guy Fawlke's Night. You're not going to blow up the Houses of Parliament are you? Or anything else for that matter?

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a firm believer that when I'm on my own I order in.

I used to live in Hong Kong and Tokyo, and there it is perfectly acceptable to eat on your own. Hell, they have the 'singles bar' in most eating establishments designed specifically for it. In the Western world there is a massive stigma attached to eating out. Whilst I do believe it's stupid, I also feel the awkwardness. This is the same reason I won't go to the cinema, or holiday on my own.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Sooty

The people saying it is weird have issues. It's weird I chose to go to a restaurant before my flight instead of eating crappy airport food?

OK PAL.

I prefer eating with people, but if I'm hungry and want to eat, I'll eat. Now one thing I do dislike is eating outside, I don't know why but I really don't like doing it. (picnics can be okay I guess, but I always choose indoor seating)

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By leebmx

@ said:

@leebmx said:

True, I think all relationships have to based on genuine feelings between two people. Especially romantic ones, nothing makes me more twitchy than two people who really shouldn't be together. Its also way better to have two close friends than hundreds of back-slapping acquaintances. And dogs, man I love dogs. Wish I lived somewhere I could have one know because there is nothing as true and as faithful as a dog - once they have bonded with you they will have your back forever.

What are you going to do the 5th to get this girls attention? You make it sound kind of scary. Not sure where you live but over here Nov 5th is Guy Fawlke's Night. You're not going to blow up the Houses of Parliament are you? Or anything else for that matter?

:)) You made me laugh. My fave movie is V for Vendetta, I like the idea of anarchy and I chose that date because it has other several personal meanings for me. Coincidentally, she is from Scotland, I live in Germany but I am Romanian. Is nothing scary, I will rather make a fool out of myself but it will be amusing for me at least. I want to prove her that I am not afraid to express my feelings, that I really want her friendship and there's no some other hidden interests. I need to show her and hopefully she will finally give me a chance, that friendship is not all about supporting each other but also the ethereal element that makes you fly over your limits and do things you have never done before. For me, words are cheap and I am not so good with the words. Anyone can take its time to choose the right words, but when it comes to taking actions, they step back and try to justify in a cute way their laziness and fears. I can't say it here what I am going to do, but if you want, I can send it to you through PM on 5th November, because I can't post it here since there will be no proper reason for that. It will not be interesting for many people. But you can figure it out for yourself, it's not hard :)

That would be cool if you message me to say what it was and how it went. It sounds intriguing. Good luck :)

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I pretty much always have my girlfriend and/or friends with me when eating outside.