• 61 results
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ahriman22

I liked the art work and all. The ending just me me stare at my screen for 5 minutes.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman

Anyone who says this is their "Game of the Year" is a fool. It is barely a game. If you want to make it your "flash application of the year" then fine. But just because something has a message does not make it a game. All I did was hold right and press space bar a couple times. And then it told me that the man was keeping me down. And then I said fuck you.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#53  Edited By Hailinel
@Milkman said:
" Anyone who says that his thier "Game of the Year" is a fool. It is barely a game. If you want to make it your "flash application of the year" then fine. But just because something has a message does not make it a game. All I did was hold right and press space bar a couple times. And then it told me that the man was keeping me down. And then I said fuck you. "
Way to be a jerk about it.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Milkman
@Hailinel said:
" @Milkman said:
" Anyone who says that his thier "Game of the Year" is a fool. It is barely a game. If you want to make it your "flash application of the year" then fine. But just because something has a message does not make it a game. All I did was hold right and press space bar a couple times. And then it told me that the man was keeping me down. And then I said fuck you. "
Way to be a jerk about it. "
Sorry I ruined the fun but I just don't see the point. If you're going to make a game with a message, then make it a game. With mechanics and concepts that are in video games. Like Braid, for instance, that's got a great message but it wraps it in a package of gameplay concepts that actually makes it engaging. You actually feel like you're doing some in Braid. This might has well have been a flash movie.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Hailinel
@Milkman said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Milkman said:
Way to be a jerk about it. "
Sorry I ruined the fun but I just don't see the point. If you're going to make a game with a message, then make it a game. With mechanics and concepts that are in video games. Like Braid, for instance, that's got a great message but it wraps it in a package of gameplay concepts that actually makes it engaging. You actually feel like you're doing some in Braid. This might has well have been a flash movie. "
Not every game has to be about jumping chasms and stomping goombas.  If it's as simple as walking forward, as in The Path, it's still interactive and thus can be considered a game, just like Dragon's Lair is a game, or Zork.  And if the game has a profound effect on someone, then who are you to criticize how they felt about the experience?  What would you think if someone called you a chucklefuck because you thought Braid was GOTY?  Would you take them seriously?  No.  You'd probably think that they were the chucklefuck. 
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By luce

hoped for something more original. like the art style though

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By buzz_clik

I thought it was a great, stylishly-produced little diversion. The art style is wonderful -- love those pinpricks of colour amidst the monochrome world -- and the music is a very suitable complement. Oh, and the way that bit where you walk to your cubicle is directed is delightfully filmic.

Amusing things (unimportant spoilers ahead):

• the old lady in the lift reduces the number of steps in her threat every time you talk to her.
  • the graph when you first get to the office has a bit more added each time (mostly downward)
  • if you walk outside with no clothes on, the colour of your underwears blends with the door to create an odd effect.

EDIT: Oooh, I just found out you can pat a cow!

EDIT 2: Just finished it. That was pretty cool.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

That was interesting, music was good

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By stephengotlost

It seems that any piece with a message is deemed as "pretentious" by the gaming populace.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By captain_clayman

this was depressing.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

The whole thing was way too predictable. We've all seen this message many many times before.