dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By dichemstys

@buzz_killington said:

I increasingly feel like MacFarlane is just fucking with his audience, now. After that hour-long Brian-and-Stewie-stuck-in-a-bank-vault episode, I just sense that he is seeing how much of his nonsensical bullshit people are going to put up with, only because it's supposed to be funny.

After this week's rather terrible episode, I've decided to stop watching that show. And I was a fan, once upon a time (my username probably gives it away).

I really dug that hour long episode with Brian and Stewie in the bank. It was pretty well-written I thought. I think the production costs got so high that they can't be as obscure of a show anymore and in order to cover the costs the show has to be more mainstream but still edgy somehow and that's why it fails now, I think.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By frankxiv

family guy has always been in the business of referencing shit that happened 10-20 years ago

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By FilipHolm

@captain_clayman said:

family guy just makes jokes about sensitive topics just because. south park does the same thing but they're actually funny and have a point to them.

Family Guy used to do that too... But that was a loong time ago

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Freshbandito

Hey guys I hate things in the popular culture too! that's cool right!? right!? LOOOOOVE MEEEEEE!!!! on topic: alot of the jokes in family guy play on being awkward and making the audience uncomfortable, it may have been what they were going for.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Dark

@captain_clayman said:

family guy just makes jokes about sensitive topics just because. south park does the same thing but they're actually funny and have a point to them.

If you're complain runs from the fact that Family Guy makes jokes just because, and that they need a point to be funny, you don't understand the humor of family guy. Its that simple.

They are funny to people who enjoy random, pointless humor. Just because something had no point and was random, doesn't mean its not funny. Just cause you only find humor that needs some structure funny doesn't mean everyone else should >.>

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I understand and enjoy Family Guy. It was just this specific episode that rubbed me the wrong way. With Brian videotaping himself stopping the terrorists on the plane. It just felt awkward. I enjoyed all the time travel jokes and the idea of going back to the pilot episode. It was just the 9/11 stuff that made me want to find out what other people thought about it.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

South Park (Simpsons formerly) were the kings. Now, now i think i may have to switch over to anime...fuck.