#1 Posted by Zecks23 (156 posts) -

Nothing major I've had depression and anxiety for years but I'm looking for something to cheer me up out of the duldrums so that I may be able to conquer the issue without further trouble.

Any kind words? Funny Quick Looks? Funny Quick look compilations - Funny bombcast cuts? Funny Youtube cuts of funny yahtzee reviews? Sorry if there's already a thread similar to this in which case please kindly point me in that way and I'll delete this.

Thanks in advance duders - I really appreciate the community even if I don't engage very often

#2 Edited by oodli (107 posts) -

I hope you have not watched this before, cause you're in for a wild ride.

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11749 posts) -

You're a premium member, so I hope this will do the trick.

#4 Edited by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

@zecks23: I think we can dig up some vids for ya :-)

Found a user highlight the other day concerning everyones favorite steak flavored product.

#5 Edited by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

#6 Posted by Hayt (284 posts) -
#7 Posted by PandaBear (1376 posts) -

/thread

#8 Edited by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

@pandabear: this thread delivers :-) , I was trying to remember yesterday which quicklook featured this game. gonna watch it now

#9 Posted by Zecks23 (156 posts) -

Thanks for all the suggestions you all! I've seen some of these and already adored them but will definitely adore them again if it gets my mind off my current thoughts. Keepem coming if you gottem - Much love duders

#10 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1423 posts) -

Not Giantbomb relatedbut iI like to watch Redlettermedia's stuff when im feeling depressed and or anxious (which is alot the past few nights). The Plinkett reviews are funny and informative, and there's more than just the Star Wars ones. Also Best of the Worst is great....And i guess Half in the Bag as well.

Here are a few examples

Best of the Worst

Just a Plinkett review

Half in the Bag

Also i hope you get over the depression and anxiety

#11 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Focus for the junk.

#12 Edited by Damodar (1393 posts) -

Anything with Vinny is a surefire way to feel better! These are the videos that come to mind as making me laugh the hardest.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-kerbal-space-program/2300-6420/

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-police-quest-swat/2300-5130/ SOUNDS LIKE THE FAT'S IN THE FIRE!!!

I'd also second the RedLetterMedia stuff. 'Best Of The Worst' is always amazing, the 'Half In The Bag' movie reviews are really funny and the Plinkett reviews, especially the Star Wars ones, are genuinely insightful as well as being hilarious.

#14 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

My favorite best-of video of GBQL

The only thing equal or better would be Hardcore Dave's WTF moment.

#15 Edited by Ben_H (3361 posts) -

Do the walk of life.

Not funny, just insanely uplifting. I always listen to Dire Straits when I'm down.

#16 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

"Media Training"

#17 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

from yesterday:

#18 Posted by Glottery (1280 posts) -

This did wonders for me, when I was feeling the blues.

#19 Posted by crithon (3269 posts) -

writing, painting and drawing helps me, just the focus on something, and then walking away with a finish product, makes me feel stable. Stable, because I can be down, and I can control it

#20 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5519 posts) -

Giant Bomb is pure joy. It will always cheer you up.

#21 Posted by billymagnum (827 posts) -

B.I.O.F.O.R.G.E.

#22 Posted by Zecks23 (156 posts) -

Things have lightened up over here for now - Thanks Duders! (also watching Vinny navigate the internet will forever cheer me up!)

#23 Edited by Freshbandito (686 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Aww man I got profoundly bummed out when the dedmund's quest part came on and Ryan walked out.

Happy time video:

#24 Posted by ProfessorEss (7378 posts) -

@glottery: Yeah, EuroTruck is doin it for me right now :)

@ajamafalous: Aww man I got profoundly bummed out when the dedmund's quest part came on and Ryan walked out.

Same here. Pullin' a killer straight face with Vinnie A-gamin' it.

#25 Edited by ottoman673 (517 posts) -

"Media Training"

This is still my favorite fancut of a GB stream... ever.

#26 Posted by rand0mZer00 (240 posts) -

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#28 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -

@zecks23 said:

Nothing major I've had depression and anxiety for years

Jesus, you should really do something about that...

Anyways.

#29 Posted by Zecks23 (156 posts) -

@dot: I actually have a psychiatrist and am on some meds but the other day was just shitty. Thanks for the lamb!

#30 Edited by believer258 (11917 posts) -

@zecks23 said:

Nothing major I've had depression and anxiety for years but I'm looking for something to cheer me up out of the duldrums so that I may be able to conquer the issue without further trouble.

Any kind words? Funny Quick Looks? Funny Quick look compilations - Funny bombcast cuts? Funny Youtube cuts of funny yahtzee reviews? Sorry if there's already a thread similar to this in which case please kindly point me in that way and I'll delete this.

Thanks in advance duders - I really appreciate the community even if I don't engage very often

Well, you succeeded in making one of my favorite threads on Giantbomb.

Other than that, whenever I'm feeling down I just go write or type my thoughts. All of them. Just whatever streams in, I put it down, without worry about grammar or spelling or making sure it makes sense. It doesn't really solve anything but it makes my head a whole lot clearer and a whole lot calmer.