Figure Fanaticism: MAI WAIFU Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I don't have any, but there's a few characters I'd really like figures for. I'm jealous of your Zero Suit Samus one. There's a Makise Kurisu figure that I've wanted for a while, but it's like 150-200 dollars so I'll never ever be able to afford it. The price is where it always breaks down for me, there's always something more practical I need to buy.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sigmacloud: Nice Steins;Gate figures!

I'm jealous of your collection and cool way of presenting them. :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TruthTellah

@sigmacloud: Nice Steins;Gate figures!

I'm jealous of your collection and cool way of presenting them. :)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

My game room setup:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: ooo Do you have a close-up shot of the Liara T'Soni figure? I've considered getting that. :)

(Nice collection!)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: Oh, you have that awesome Catherine figure, cool!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we all agree that Tharja is super freaky in the sack, right?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@liquidprince: Wow! Nice collection and set-up. You and @sigmacloud both are giving me some serious inspiration with your display set-ups.

I doubt anyone will be willing to dissent on that one.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By Sergio

I almost got into this years ago when I got Vash the Stampede and Nicholas D. Wolfwood figures from Suncoast, back when that was the only place I could buy anime. Back then I couldn't really afford to make a collection, now it's more that I don't really have the space for one. I only have an Amazon version of Danbo and a large Yotsuba figure now.

I still look at figures online and talk myself out of buying any, like this one.

No Caption Provided

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: Buy that. It's Isabelle! You can wake up each morning and imagine her laying out your schedule for the day, Mr. Mayor!

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#65 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@liquidprince: Where did you get that Power Girl statue? I have been looking for one for over a year and have been unsuccessful.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#67  Edited By ArbitraryWater

That is an impressive collection of various waifus. If I had more disposable income, I wouldn't mind getting a figurine or two. Maybe not of scantily-clad anime and video game females because my friends and family would look at me weird, but I'd get something cool.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Anyway, these are the only two figures I have... no waifus

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

wsninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By wsninja
No Caption Provided

dont know if this is related or not but its 2:45 am and i gotta pretty good buzz goin

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LiquidPrince

@liquidprince: ooo Do you have a close-up shot of the Liara T'Soni figure? I've considered getting that. :)

(Nice collection!)

I posted a blog on Giantbomb way back when I first got it, with a review video. So hopefully that helps.

@liquidprince: Where did you get that Power Girl statue? I have been looking for one for over a year and have been unsuccessful.

You can order them online from either HLJ or Nippon Yassan. Those are the sites I order most of my stuff from. Although I bought a couple of them at Anime North, which is an anime convention in Canada.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@liquidprince: A little more expensive than I thought it would be, but thanks, I'll just have to save for it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: A little more expensive than I thought it would be, but thanks, I'll just have to save for it.

They weren't that expensive when I bought them, but since they go out of 'print' fairly quickly, the prices tend to go up really fast. For example that Catwoman statue I have now goes anywhere from $400 - $1000 depending on condition of the figure and box. When I bought Power Girl, it cost around $70, and now it goes for more then double that. However, it will probably continue to get more and more expensive the harder they become to find. Not all figures get that expensive though. It really depends on the popularity of the character.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@liquidprince: That makes sense, it's just that PG is one of my favorite characters...

So much that I went to a convention with the sole objective of getting this signed
So much that I went to a convention with the sole objective of getting this signed

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Those are cool, but I am married so I'd feel ridiculous having those, lol. Nice collection none the less.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

I just started buying figures (picked a hell of a time, just started my study abroad in Japan), I'll be sure to post some pictures of them later.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

Those are cool, but I am married so I'd feel ridiculous having those, lol. Nice collection none the less.

The trick is to get your wife into collecting them, as well.

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Damn, if I had the money right now... :/
Is there one site where you can order figurines form different franchises or do you have to search for each individual figure?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#81  Edited By Humanity
Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@enuff: There's lots of different sites you can order figures from, or if you have a local comic shop they can usually get them in. One of the bigger ones is probably the BBTS (big bad toy store) or CrunchyRoll if you're looking for more anime/manga/waifu-esque stuff.

No waifu's here but I do collect some figures.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By Corevi

The only figure i have is of Naked Jehuty, I guess my waifu is giant robots.

No Caption Provided

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mwng

Not sure I could handle the stigma that comes with owning a lot of figures, though power to you folks who can!

I'm not totally immune to their charm though, I do own one;

No Caption Provided

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are dusting nightmares.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: That's a pretty impressive and varied collection there!

@humanity said:
Oh Hailinel..
Oh Hailinel..

@hailinel:

I hope you're aware of the full context of that particular scene (like the threat to murder the player in his sleep)!

These are dusting nightmares.

It's not that bad, really.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By Humanity

@hailinel: I have not played that game but from various screenshots I really liked her character design and when I looked up some videos on YouTube she had pretty funny dialog.

I don't have many figures but at one point in time I decided to get a lot of special editions because unlike the Bombcrew I really, really like artbooks and concept art for games so I got a fair amount of those. I also have the pretty cool Batman figure from Arkham City's Collectors Edition - ironically enough I didn't like Arkham nearly as much as I enjoyed Asylum.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#89  Edited By pyromagnestir

I figure anyone who'd take Tharja as their waifu would be totally into her whole "I'll murder you in your sleep" shtick. (I know I am...)

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

Obvs.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side note this is completely relevant

Loading Video...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figure anyone who'd take Tharja as their waifu would be totally into her whole "I'll murder you in your sleep" shtick. (I know I am...)

Hey, you know it!

@humanity said:

@hailinel: I have not played that game but from various screenshots I really liked her character design and when I looked up some videos on YouTube she had pretty funny dialog.

I don't have many figures but at one point in time I decided to get a lot of special editions because unlike the Bombcrew I really, really like artbooks and concept art for games so I got a fair amount of those. I also have the pretty cool Batman figure from Arkham City's Collectors Edition - ironically enough I didn't like Arkham nearly as much as I enjoyed Asylum.

Tharja is definitely funny and easily one of my favorite characters in the game.

I haven't bought many deluxe editions of games that come with extras on the scale of that Batman, but I can definitely see the appeal of them.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By TobbRobb

I don't really consider myself a collector, and I won't buy one unless I REALLY want it. And that's only really happened once so far. How could I ever pass up this build quality from one of my favorite games:

No Caption Provided
I'm very fond of this one <3
I'm very fond of this one <3

Other than that I only have one more that a friend bought me as a joke. Though it's fine, I'm shameless enough to accept it openly and lovingly. Miki is a personal favorite anyways. :D

Here they are hanging out next to some cheap souvenir katanas. Appropriate.
Here they are hanging out next to some cheap souvenir katanas. Appropriate.

Amusing fact. For the price of the Momohime figure I could have bought 4 of the Miki bikini one. XD

Either way, I doubt this "collection" is gonna increase any time soon. But if I see something I really like I wouldn't mind getting some more at some point. Though getting actual games and hardware takes priority in my hobby budget.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bedouin

So I started to show my fiance some of these figures because I thought they were humorous, but then she was like, "oh cool, I want some of those."

...The joke's on me I guess.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#96  Edited By mpgeist

I have quite a big collection, but I have slowed down in recent years. Ill try and get some pics and post them.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By LiquidPrince

@sammo21 said:

Girls are often way more into the statues then guys. Just saying. That's how it's been in my experience and my friends.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99  Edited By jakob187

I collected a few for some time, but eventually, I just realized that I didn't need them anymore. I really only collected obscure shit, and luckily, they sold for quite a bit. Figures that I had:

• Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - Lieutenant Raziel (sold him for $75)
  • King of the Hill - Boomhauer (sold him for $50)
  • Saturday Night Live - Goat Boy (sold him for $30)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail - French Taunter (sold him for $60)
  • Darksiders - War pre-order (sold him for $80...so you guys that are holding onto that thing still in the box...yeah, get on that)

I still have my ALF bobblehead, my Monty Python and the Holy Grail Dead Collector, and at least one more that I can't remember right now. Beyond that, our local Toys 'R' Us was running specials every day during the holidays last year, and they ended up having some Scribblenauts action figure of Max for 50 cents a piece. I bought all of them, which was only four of them. I gave one to a buddy for Christmas whose girlfriend loves Scribblenauts, and I'm waiting for the prices to go up on the figures. Obscure shit like that has a way of gaining some decent value over a few years.

The one collection that is still in boxes at my parents' house, however, is my original TMNT figures. Those fuckers are never going ANYWHERE except the hands of my future children. I actually think they still have our entire toy box full of action figures...and there were a LOT of them.

I mean, we LOVED action figures.

No Caption Provided

Seriously...WE FUCKING LOVED ACTION FIGURES!

Your collection is pretty cool, though. Also, I didn't know your name was Tepig. In case you didn't know, I'm Josh. Now we have met in a more formal fashion.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This thread is making me have PTSD for all the figures I used have before my old house burned down a couple years ago.