Avatar image for autobotofurdrms
autobotofurdrms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By autobotofurdrms

yea not a happy camper. I totally bought 2 items from this guy and his feedback was 100% when I did and NOW its at 46% lucky me.

Total scam! Ugh!

Hope everything goes well. I am doing a buyer protection plan thingy now.

~AND~

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By Nate
@autobotofurdrms: I'd recommend just send him a message for each game you bought. And say - "refund please"
That's all I did and he refunded me for 6 games (yes, I'm a greedy, foolish man)
But at least I got my money back without having to file a claim.
humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By humanfly55

Okay amigo. We get it. You think we're wasting our time here.  Thanks for joining our little discussion. :) 
If you are looking for others places to waste time GB also has a topic about about what your favorite hot dog condiment is (spoiler- ketchup is winning), or what brand of shoes you wear. Check them out!

Lol!!! Awesome, Nate wins 1 intorn3t!!!111!!

Avatar image for chemicalxrachel
ChemicalxRachel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ChemicalxRachel

His account is listed as "Not a registered user"...soo either he canceled it, or half.com got too many complaints and suspended his account.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By ectoplasma

Awesome, my favorite thread is back! *Sips his fine wine*

Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Hardgamer

I don't really think that Game Deals are good to be true.

Avatar image for chemicalxrachel
ChemicalxRachel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ChemicalxRachel
@Hardgamer said:
" I don't really think that Game Deals are good to be true. "
Not all of them, but some of them are.  Like brand new games (Like Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, ext) for 2.25, which is what this guy was selling them for.
Sahira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Sahira
@Nate: I got scammed.  Bought a game about a week ago.  The deal seemed like too good to be true but I bought it anyway.  Now I'm wondering if I should file a claim or contact the seller.  What a loser!  I'm sad now :( 
Sahira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Sahira

I want my money back!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By YoThatLimp
Positive Feedback: 37.5%
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By captain_clayman

no no no.

look at his feedback.  
never.
mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By mesklinite

Wait, the page now says:

This seller is on vacation.
Please check back later to browse and shop their entire inventory.

lazarus10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By lazarus10

Most of the opinions  here suggest that  the guy is a scammer. But what if he's not? Scammers don't give refunds, neither do they reply to emails. According to one buyer, the vendor wanted positive feedback. Why would a scammer be concerned about  getting positive feedback?  I've been an ebay / half.com member for almost 6 years now. That's what I see different in this situation. I've been a victim of online scam before. this situation can go either way.

Now tell me, Why would someone buy 6 games from a vendor while suspecting him,  then accuse him even before the items have time to arrive? Did he honestly give the vendor a chance to prove himself? We are all adults here. I bought 2 games as well - with the knowledge that I might get scammed. But that's the chance I was willing to take. It's not even a risk because half.com would refund the money in an event. I dont think there was a need to interrogate the vendor or accuse him until we have sufficient evidence. We are all adults - we know the risks.  For all we know these buyers may have scared him off into putting his account on vacation mode. (too many request for refunds) Maybe he's waiting for people to get their games and change the feedback. I'm being positive here, but not ruling out the possibility of a scam. After I bought my games I also sent  the vendor a message asking if it was legit. I didn't think I would get a reply. I assumed that everyone else would be sending the same message. And even if he was scamming, he wouldn't admit it.

If this vendor turns out to be true to his word and the games arrive, that would be great! If the vendor does not want to sell on half.com anymore, that would mean that we wont be able to get games this cheap and the only ones to blame would be those who didn't have the patience to wait for their games to arrive and demanded refunds before time. The only one who would be laughing is the guy who got refunded for his 6 games and turned out that the vendor shipped it out to him already.  If this vendor turned out to be true, he would've lost a lot of money on shipping charges alone....as well as his merchandise.

I was on ebay one night and a vendor was selling God of War 3 a few months after it came out for only $5. They said it was a lost shipment. It could've been stolen, but they weren't trying to make a profit. They just wanted to get rid of it. within 5 minutes all were sold out. So I know people do get games somehow. If by mistake or otherwise. They had gotten the games in a box with manuals disc and artwork but no cases so they put them in jewel cases and sold them. I thought they were stolen so I didn't buy any. I regretted that afterwards. Because who knows, they probably weren't.

Please in the future, let's not be so hurry to pass judgement. If anyone is unsure about an item for sale, then simply don't buy it and wait a little to get some news (positive or negative).  We are all adults, we should have the sense to know what we're getting ourselves into and the risks involved. I do hope this turns out positive.

humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By humanfly55

Lazarus10, I have a Nigerian uncle I'd like to introduce you to.....

humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By humanfly55

I think RED_APPLES is probably my Nigerian uncle

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By countinhallways

So very many dodgy user accounts present in the last page or two. They could at least make a profile pic or something classy like that.

RED_APPLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RED_APPLES

No humanfly55...I am actually..

your father ;)..... 

young skywalker
trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#118  Edited By trace

I think the reason we're getting so many new users in this thread is because it's one of the higher results when searching the seller's name on Google.

To said new users: If you're here to stay, then welcome! Please take some time to read the forum rules and forum FAQ so that you don't inadvertently fall astray of one of our rules.

Aside from that: I do wonder if this guy might be trying to use negative feedback to improve his ranking in search engines. It's a relatively new tactic (I think) where questionable sellers, aware that negative feedback creates more of a stir than positive feedback, willingly scam users in the hopes they'll complain elsewhere. The more buzz that's created through correspondence and bad sales, the more the scammer's ranking improves in search engines, and the more likely someone else searching for games on the cheap will find his half.com store links and try to purchase without doing enough research to see links to warning threads like these.

I don't know how valid that tactic is anymore, much less if it's actually being employed here, but do know that if we manage to discover that this thread is somehow inadvertently helping this scammer become more successful, then we'll likely need to take action to curb that.

Buyer beware, and whatnot.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#119  Edited By Daveyo520
@PsEG: I thought that as well. Then again I am just distrusting.
Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Burzmali
@lazarus10: You need to take off the rose-colored glasses. The scammer (that's what he is/was) replied to emails and gave refunds to those who asked because he needed to stave off reports to half.com for as long as possible. He was concerned about negative feedback because he knew it would scare away other victims. This isn't rocket science. Just from looking at what was listed there were major red flags. The most damning was that he was selling everything for $2.25 and every single game he listed could have been taken to Gamestop and traded in for much more than that in cash. Assuming for a moment that he actually had the games and wasn't a scammer, he could have just taken them to trade-in stores and pawn shops to get money for them without all the hassle of shipping them. If they were ill-gotten games and he needed to avoid local attention, he could have used Amazon's trade-in service to get more than the measly $2.25 for each of them. There is no, non-scamming scenario in which he could sell any of the games he had listed for $2.25 on half.com and make more than if he just traded them in. Hell, he could have probably gone door to door at a local apartment or college dorm, offering them for $5 each, and unloaded them all in a couple of hours. 

The dude was a damn scammer and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.
lazarus10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By lazarus10

Burzmali.. I see your point. I thought about that also. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm right. It's just a wait and see.  I'm not denying either view 'cause I really don't know. No one really knows for sure at this point. I was just looking at the other side of the coin as a possibility because  I've seen power sellers dump off games on ebay before. The deals were believable only because they were power sellers. True, it's suspicious that one person can have such a variety of games at their disposal.  I've also seen where people who bought over 'closed out' video stores sell blu ray movies for less than $5.  This seller didn't relist ps3 games after they were all sold. That made me think  positive, but then again, he did relist games for the xbox. So much conflicting evidence. Who knows, they could've been bootlegs or even copies with slight blemishes on the discs or artwork.  maybe even non-existent....  who knows?

I wonder why the seller didn't cancel his account altogether (now that he's been found out) instead of  "going on vacation". If I was the scammer, I would've taken the money and run. haha.   food for thought.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lazarus10 said:
 I wonder why the seller didn't cancel his account altogether (now that he's been found out) instead of  "going on vacation". If I was the scammer, I would've taken the money and run. haha.   food for thought. "

If I had to guess, I'd imagine it's because half.com pays out for purchases every month or so. (im not sure on the specific time). if he closed down the account, there would be no bank account to administer funds too
RED_APPLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By RED_APPLES

Everyone check out swagbucks..it is a website that i joined recently which is similar to lockerz..u get points by searching the web..that is the only difference...check it out and if you like please subscribe through my link :):):) Thank you  http://www.swagbucks.com/refer

I t lets them know you subscribed because of me and i get points wohoooo xD
and you can redeem anytime u want..I believe that is pretty cool...they have amazon gift cards which ofcourse u can buy practically anything since amazon has it all :):)):)    

humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By humanfly55
@RED_APPLES said:
" No humanfly55...I am actually..

your father ;)..... 

young skywalker
"
That's actually pretty f-ing funny in retrospect because the game I got shafted out of was, in fact, Lego Star Wars
fontainefellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By fontainefellow

I always thought The Orange Box was some kind of cruel joke to get us to believe that humanity hasn't failed us, even at full price.