#1  Edited By Nate
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The ebay affiliation leads me to believe it's legit. Maybe the seller is up to something..

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Madness. What is he up to.
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Nate

Yeah, I totally trust half.com, but that doesn't mean individual sellers can't be shady and try to rip people off. I should probably go read the fine print on half.com for what happens if the seller doesn't hold up their end of  the deal. Still, I did get shipping notices for the games within an hour of the order.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By InternetCrab

I'm not sure. That does seem like an seldom seen deal. You might have been ripped off, but if you actually get the game you want, then god damn, i will buy one.
metaJAKOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By metaJAKOB

Whatever happens, definitely post it on here. I really want to know if this is a scam of some sort. 

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

For various reasons I don't want anything in there...But if I did I would be willing to risk it.

Why can't he have the 360 version of MK :(

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I don't know... my scam sense is tingling. Let us know the end results!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NegativeCero

I once bought a DS game that was similarly cheap but it turned out that it was a bootleg.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By FesteringNeon

the dude has feedback of 1. I don't trust anyone that has a rating lower than 10. For all you know, he made another account and bought something from himself to look credible. I'd stay away from this one tbh... but it's your time and money.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Vexxan

Barely any feedback, WAY too good prices > obvious scam spotted.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nate
@metaJAKOB said:
" Whatever happens, definitely post it on here. I really want to know if this is this is a scam of some sort.  "
I'll keep you all updated if I get an actual tracking number or something, and especially if the games arrive as described. Seriously a killer deal if so. Especially MK. That game just came out.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ch13696

I went ahead and tried it myself. The worst that can happen is that I lose out on $5.74. 

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nate

Okay, I read some of the fine print on Half.com, and it is possible to file a buyer claim, BUT

"Buyers may not file a Buyer Protection Claim on any purchase where the seller had a feedback score of -1 or less at the time of the purchase."
The feedback score is a 1...

So, looks like I probably got scammed and won't be seeing the money for the 4 games I ordered. BEWARE. Don't do what I did.   :)

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ch13696
@Nate said:
" Okay, I read some of the fine print on Half.com, and it is possible to file a buyer claim, BUT

"Buyers may not file a Buyer Protection Claim on any purchase where the seller had a feedback score of -1 or less at the time of the purchase."The feedback score is a 1...So, looks like I probably got scammed and won't be seeing the money for the 4 games I ordered. BEWARE. Don't do what I did.   :) "
So there score has to be a -1. Which points to the fact that they must've messed up beg time in order to get a negative score. Well, if he says your item is shipped then it's so far so good. The guy is probably getting rid of stuff in his house he doesn't want anymore.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

it seems kind of like a scam. if it is too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nate
@ch13696 said:
" @Nate said:
" Okay, I read some of the fine print on Half.com, and it is possible to file a buyer claim, BUT

"Buyers may not file a Buyer Protection Claim on any purchase where the seller had a feedback score of -1 or less at the time of the purchase."The feedback score is a 1...So, looks like I probably got scammed and won't be seeing the money for the 4 games I ordered. BEWARE. Don't do what I did.   :) "
So there score has to be a -1. Which points to the fact that they must've messed up beg time in order to get a negative score. Well, if he says your item is shipped then it's so far so good. The guy is probably getting rid of stuff in his house he doesn't want anymore. "
Oh, wow. I totally misread that. So I can file a claim. Still, another thing that's fishy is it let me add several copies of the same game to my cart. The games I bought are still shown as for sale. SO, if it's not a complete ripoff, it must be that this guy has a crate of stolen games or something and is trying to unload them :)
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ch13696
@Nate said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @Nate said:

So there score has to be a -1. Which points to the fact that they must've messed up beg time in order to get a negative score. Well, if he says your item is shipped then it's so far so good. The guy is probably getting rid of stuff in his house he doesn't want anymore. "
Oh, wow. I totally misread that. So I can file a claim. Still, another thing that's fishy is it let me add several copies of the same game to my cart. The games I bought are still shown as for sale. SO, if it's not a complete ripoff, it must be that this guy has a crate of stolen games or something and is trying to unload them :) "
Probably. It's not the first time i heard about something like this. Hell, even had someone in one of my college classes talk about how a buddy of his has a box full of Madden 2009's. The game that I bought, Black Ops, didn't show back up when after I bought. Well, the PS3 version didn't. Either way, I'm just going to turn around and sell it to Gamestop. Make a quick buck.
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nate

All the games appear to be sold now.  Anyway, I just can't imagine I'll get these items, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do. Otherwise I'll get my "file a claim" link bookmarked and ready to go :)

Greell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Greell

I found this site while also curious if it was too good to be true....he has a feedback of 3 now, and sold several other games....I went ahead and bought a bunch....for 40 bucks...if it's a scam...Half.com will eventually (and by eventually i mean about 2 months later) refund the money that was scammed from you....however, if it's legit...it's a shame to miss such a deal!

I gave it a shot, and I'll see what happens......if I get scammed, it's no skin off my nose, but here's hoping it's legit!
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Vegsen said:
" Barely any feedback, WAY too good prices > obvious scam spotted. "
Either that or his stock is illicit.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

There was that one time when somebody was giving Minecraft away for free in a promotional deal. The mods had to lock the thread revealing it when they found out it was pretty much a scam.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

the games are back up now. my fear is that theyre pirated or something, and thats gonna fuck up my account. so naturally, i ordered ps3 games, because my psn account isn't that important to me

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OppressiveStink

I work as an anti-fraud investigator at a payment processor(think "Bank") and I've got to tell you there are only THREE outcomes with these deals.

One, you'll never, ever get those products.  <---  The most likely outcome.

Two, you'll get rocks or paper or something else. <--- Not as likely, it would cost them too much profit to ship

Three, you'll get stolen property. <--- Least likely, they could get more money just returning them to a store and getting a gift card to sell to someone.

Well, here's hoping you gents can get your money back, but as an anti-fraud guy allow me to say this: "You guys are pretty damn gullible."

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

@OppressiveStink:
No optimism whatsoever.

So are you saying theres literally no chance or a very small chance of people actually getting the stuff they pay for off these types of sites?

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Yanngc33

Those games have blood on them! It's the mafia I tell you!

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nate

Another positive feedback score added - that makes 4 now. But I'm still skeptical. I actually messaged one of the buyers who left feedback on 2 games to see if he/she really got the games.  We'll see if I hear back. Maybe these buyers aren't even real, though. I'm also wondering if someone left feedback before even getting the product, because it does let you do that. Who knows!?

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By christ0phe

It's "too" good

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nate

Okay- I already heard back from one of the people who left feedback and he/she has not received the items yet. Just ordered today and for some reason (fool!) left positive feedback. I'm going to go ahead and assume that's true of the others who left feedback as well. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Every steam sale.

humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By humanfly55
@Nate said:
" Another positive feedback score added - that makes 4 now. But I'm still skeptical. I actually messaged one of the buyers who left feedback on 2 games to see if he/she really got the games.  We'll see if I hear back. Maybe these buyers aren't even real, though. I'm also wondering if someone left feedback before even getting the product, because it does let you do that. Who knows!? "
Well one of the buyers posted the positive feedback after all of the games had already been sold.  If they buyer were in with 414William11, they would have left feedback much sooner.
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nate
@humanfly55 said:
" @Nate said:
" Another positive feedback score added - that makes 4 now. But I'm still skeptical. I actually messaged one of the buyers who left feedback on 2 games to see if he/she really got the games.  We'll see if I hear back. Maybe these buyers aren't even real, though. I'm also wondering if someone left feedback before even getting the product, because it does let you do that. Who knows!? "
Well one of the buyers posted the positive feedback after all of the games had already been sold.  If they buyer were in with 414William11, they would have left feedback much sooner. "
Hey, glad you joined the forum to share your thoughts. To answer your PM - no, I haven't got my games. To answer the comment above - I don't honestly feel this guy has buyers in on some scheme with him. The one buyer who did leave positive feedback (for Blur and Need for Speed) actually left feedback as soon as he purchased the games and has not received them yet. It seems like he honestly didn't know any better :)  He still thinks he's getting his games. I suspect the same is probably true for the other 2 buyers who left positive feedback. I messaged both of the other buyers last night, but haven't heard back yet.

For anyone reading this: I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM 414william11.  I'll let you know if I get the games I ordered. Keep checking this forum topic.  If they don't arrive today, it will have been one week since shipping was confirmed, and the games only need to go from Milwaukee, WI to Grand Rapids, MI (not very far - look at a map). Even if he used media mail, that's still about the upper limit. On the other hand - I won't file a claim until 5/23 because the shipping estimate does say "5/11-5/23".
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nate
@Greell said:
" I found this site while also curious if it was too good to be true....he has a feedback of 3 now, and sold several other games....I went ahead and bought a bunch....for 40 bucks...if it's a scam...Half.com will eventually (and by eventually i mean about 2 months later) refund the money that was scammed from you....however, if it's legit...it's a shame to miss such a deal!

I gave it a shot, and I'll see what happens......if I get scammed, it's no skin off my nose, but here's hoping it's legit!
"
That's kind of the attitude I took too - bought 6 games!  But now I'm thinking it's not worth my time in wondering every day - are they here yet??  :)
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we were going to be discussing The Orange Box...

humanfly55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By humanfly55

Hmm... it doesn't make any sense.  Why use a half.com profile to sell 10-12 $2.50 games.  Why not rip one person off for 1 30 dollar game?  It could be he marked them all as shipped as soon as he got the order and is waiting until the last possible day half.com will give you to send all of them and avoid multiple trips to the post office.  Seriously I had an item that took damn near 3 weeks to get to me, but they were still well within the estimated shipping and delivery times half.com allows.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@OppressiveStink said:
" I work as an anti-fraud investigator at a payment processor(think "Bank") and I've got to tell you there are only THREE outcomes with these deals.One, you'll never, ever get those products.  <---  The most likely outcome.Two, you'll get rocks or paper or something else. <--- Not as likely, it would cost them too much profit to shipThree, you'll get stolen property. <--- Least likely, they could get more money just returning them to a store and getting a gift card to sell to someone.Well, here's hoping you gents can get your money back, but as an anti-fraud guy allow me to say this: "You guys are pretty damn gullible." "
More likely is that these are bootlegged games.
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nate
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @OppressiveStink said:
" I work as an anti-fraud investigator at a payment processor(think "Bank") and I've got to tell you there are only THREE outcomes with these deals.One, you'll never, ever get those products.  <---  The most likely outcome.Two, you'll get rocks or paper or something else. <--- Not as likely, it would cost them too much profit to shipThree, you'll get stolen property. <--- Least likely, they could get more money just returning them to a store and getting a gift card to sell to someone.Well, here's hoping you gents can get your money back, but as an anti-fraud guy allow me to say this: "You guys are pretty damn gullible." "
More likely is that these are bootlegged games. "
Aside from the fact that most people don't WANT to play bootlegged games, doesn't one need a modified console? (at least on 360)
Ellis7x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ellis7x

If he is actually selling at the price he must be crazy, its got to be a scam - if not then you have got a damn good deal on your hands and should consider using him to become your main supplier and make a killing selling them off

b4nth4f0dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By b4nth4f0dd3r

So I just joined this site because I was also curious about the legit-ness of these deals and wanted to contribute to the conversation.  I myself ordered a few games but as I am no noob ebayer/half.com user, I was VERY skeptical.  I had sent him a few emails asking about the games with no response, so this morning I sent him sort of an "ultimatum" message through Half.com.  Here is what I wrote:

" Hello,
Just curious what method you shipped my items by so I know when to expect them. Also, I am fairly concerned that these might be stolen or pirated games that you're selling. If so, I hope you know that most people you sell them to will get their money back through Paypal or Half.com. They will also leave you negative feedback. If you don't refund the money, they will basically forcibly remove it from your account. So, if you don't respond to this message, I will probably leave you a negative feedback to deter others from buying this "too good to be true" deal. Thanks"    

About an hour later, he sent me this back.  

"usps is my method and everything is legit all product are actual games product on the way I have alot of order please be patience thank you loyal customer"

The somewhat awful grammar in the message indicates to me that he might be foreign?  Perhaps these games are not NTSC versions?  I don't know.  I will keep everyone updated and I hope you all do the same.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FireBurger
@b4nth4f0dd3r: He's probably Nigerian, and the games aren't NTSC because they don't exist.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mfpantst
@b4nth4f0dd3r:  In communist russia games steal you
RED_APPLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RED_APPLES

I bought about 6 games from this guy. If it is a scam, will our money get refunded by half.com??? If you see now he posted 32 xbox 360 games. Man I am not buying anymore from him just in case he has something EVIL planned!!!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ninjakiller
@Nate:  
I got some ocean front property in Arizona.     From my front porch you can see the sea. If you'll buy that, I'll throw the golden gate in free. 
b4nth4f0dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By b4nth4f0dd3r
@FireBurger:   Haha, I am not sure you can say with certainly that he's Nigerian, but certainly not American.  And if the games don't exist (certainly a possibility), he didn't pick the best site to use as a vehicle for his scam.  Everyone will be getting their money back through claims.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FireBurger
@b4nth4f0dd3r:  I can't, but Nigeria is infamous for internet scams. I had one try and buy a $700 laptop off of me.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mfpantst
@ninjakiller said:
" @Nate:   I got some ocean front property in Arizona.     From my front porch you can see the sea. If you'll buy that, I'll throw the golden gate in free.  "
SOLD
RED_APPLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RED_APPLES

I wonder how much money he has gained through people like us who have bought stuff from him.  

b4nth4f0dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By b4nth4f0dd3r

Alright, so serious question.  I bought I think five games from him but some of them were on a second order.  Should I leave him negative feedback with one of those orders to see what he does?  I normally don't condone that sort of thing at all but this seems like an appropriate situation.  Thoughts?

RED_APPLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RED_APPLES
@b4nth4f0dd3r: When did you order? I ordered mine the 5th =s