GI Joe was awesome...

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nasher27

I just saw the midnight showing of the movie, and I thought it was great.

I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the original Transformers (which I pretty much thought was the second coming of Jesus). It was seriously an awesome action movie. 

Anyone else see it at midnight?

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pirate_republic

I'm going to have to check to see if your opinion is valid: did you see/want to see transformers 2? And if so, did you enjoy it?

MassiveDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By MassiveDuck
@nasher27: This is this a sarcastic post, right?  I didn't enjoy the movie at all.  Then again I also didn't like Transformers at all.  Absolutely nothing stood out in the film,  hell, even the special effects looked cheap compared to other big budget action flicks.  If i hadn't gotten in for free through a work event i would have been seriously pissed.  Oh well, at least it didn't literally rape my eyeballs, just figuratively. 
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By vidiot

I cannot wait for this film.

I heard it was a sequel to Team America: World Police, I loved that movie.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nasher27
@pirate_republic said:

" I'm going to have to check to see if your opinion is valid: did you see/want to see transformers 2? And if so, did you enjoy it? "

I loved the original Transformers, so I was pretty excited to see Transformers 2. I had to wait a few weeks, though, and even after hearing practically ALL of my friends bash it, I still enjoyed it a little bit. Definitely wasn't as good as the first, but still enjoyable.

I'm just gonna say that if you liked Transformers, you'll like G.I. Joe. The only really "bad" thing I could think of about the movie was that it was sometimes a little campy, especially when they try to say the famous old lines. And Dennis Quaid. I don't like him.

I think that it was better than Star Trek, but then again I don't really see why everyone thought that movie was so fantastic. I'd definitely give Star Trek an 8, but GI Joe and the orig Transformers get 9s. Transformers 2 gets a 7.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

You rated Transformers and GI Joe above Star Trek? I'm leaving.

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shway

Is it awsome awsome or is it awsome stupid wtf is going on here awsome?

awsome

felt like saying awsome again :O

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By freakin

Well your taste in Transformers matches mine, so maybe I'll dig Gi-Joe too, but man, does everything I've seen so far look like shit.

Though one thing that surprised me was that all the early reviews were praising Gi-Joe, though now that the movie is out the reviews are going the other way... not that I actually take any stock in what reviewers say, but still the early reviews caught me off guard.

My plan right now is to see District 9, then sneak into Gi-Joe.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

So wait... You like Michael Bay movies?

Your argument is invalid.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By freakin
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" So wait... You like Michael Bay movies?  Your argument is invalid. "

I agree that Bad Boys, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, The Island all sucked, but Transformers was great, maybe you are too hyper focused on the credits to enjoy it.