Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Of course. Salespeople are dishonest by nature. They're terrible people.  "
Yeah. You're a real saint with that attitude. 

@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I remember when my dad was picking out a new TV they tried to convince him that different HDMI cables were better for different things. Yeah, that $80 Monster cable is going to look so much better... "
Yeah. A cable's pretty much a cable. A 10 dollar cable will get you the same picture as an 80 dollar cable. Don't ever buy Monster cables.
iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By iWonder

I remember just before I got laid off, I was on my lunch break, a dude in a very obviously stolen tailored suit (i.e. was not tailored to him) tried to sell me a gold ring with an onyx in it. He asked me if I knew what an onyx was cause he apparently didn't know and that he "needed the money for gas." I got the hell out of there, lol

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By amir90
@Slaker117 said:

" @amir90:  Wait really? Five year warranty on all electronics? In the US when my 360 broke after a year and ten days from purchase, but only about 4 months since it was returned after dying I had to pay to get it fixed. "

How do I explain this, it is called "commercial warranty" it is kinda hard to explain in English, it is called reklamasjon in Norwegian, it basically means that certain electronic products have a 5 year warranty, it is not without 
Conditions, but as long as you didn't smash it yourself, if the 360/PS3 stops working you have the right to get it fixed, or get a new one.
the first 2 weeks, you can return it and get your money back, some places get 1 month.

I hope this made you jealous, lol
At least you don't have shitty weather :/
Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just last week a dude rang me up and congratulated me on the free 3 day cruise I had just won. 

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MaskedGamer

One guy told me MW2 was great and bug free he lied....

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Animasta
@amir90:  at least norway doesn't get to 40-42 C all summer long D:
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By amir90
@Laketown:  yeah, that was a bit too high, I wouldn't mind having the same climate as Cannes, damn I love the weather there.
I am more sad about our random weather, lol
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By jasta

I work in Tesco's, so whenever I go into another store its blatantly obvious when the staff try to feed me the usual retail bullshit.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By belaraphon
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Of course. Salespeople are dishonest by nature. They're terrible people.  "
Yeah. You're a real saint with that attitude. 

@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I remember when my dad was picking out a new TV they tried to convince him that different HDMI cables were better for different things. Yeah, that $80 Monster cable is going to look so much better... "
Yeah. A cable's pretty much a cable. A 10 dollar cable will get you the same picture as an 80 dollar cable. Don't ever buy Monster cables. "
consumer behavior is actually a really fascinating subject to look into. cabling is a perfect example of the different perceptions that are floating around.  most arguments usually lead to brand preference, but what consumers should look for is the manufacturing process differences , warranty agreement, and return policies between the different companies.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_2nd said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" Sure they have, never worked on me though.  "
that's what you think..  also, I've heard that in the tv department they apply the incorrect settings to the cheaper tvs, so that the more expensive ones are more appealing.  "
I'm absolutely convinced they do this. Having seen my own TV in store, playing at what was definitely less than optimum, this is the exact conclusion I came to.
spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By spudtastic

A salesperson? ......LIE? Puleeze!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LiquidPrince
@afrofools: In my case, I was more laughing my ass off, since my friend got legitimately pissed off and like flew off the handle.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince: haha rage
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By DrPockets000

I had some fucktard at Game Crazy try to tell me that Arkham Asylum was going to be a movie with the Nolan crew.  

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@magellan said:
" Speaking of customer service, I had a strange encounter the other day:  I walked into a fast food place and ordered a meal.The guy then asked me if I wanted to add anything else to my order like dessert. When I said no, he said something to the effect of  "Is it because you don't have a girlfriend" or "will you order dessert when you get a girlfriend". I thought he was kidding, it seemed to me like a bizarre way of convincing me to  add something to my order, but then he asked me again with the same serious tone.  I paused, then I tried to sidestep his remark by saying I'm not in the mood for dessert. Then, he proceeded to talk about all the "sexy" girls outside the store. Meanwhile, this was in the middle of winter, with everyone covered in layers of clothing. He asked me other bizarre questions before I politely picked up my order, paid and walked away. Sufficed to say, I haven't gone back since, and I don't think I'll ever be going back. "
You were successfully trolled. Sounds like the dude was suffering a boring day and felt like messing with you to spice it up a bit.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By awesomeusername
@Malakhii said:
" I was once told at At&T that my cell phone was broken and I should buy a new one to replace it. It was just out of batteries, and I was trying to get a charger., the guy took it behind the desk "plugged it in" then brought it back and said it was broken.  "  
No wonder. If your phone has batteries, it can't connect with chargers, you need to go buy duracell!
Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Malakhii
@awesomeusername: I prefer Energizer, but I can never catch that damn bunny. He just keeps going and going.  
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By awesomeusername
@Malakhii said: That damn rabbit needs to run out of battery already!
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kingzetta

gamestop always says "Pre-order because we are only getting enough to cover pre-orders." 
I buy all games on day one without pre-orders, and always bust their balls about it.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

"If you don't pre-order now love, I can guarantee you that you will never find another copy again, its very rare!" 

Blablabla.
And now they're selling the game for 20 bucks and all its special editions for 30-40.

EternalFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By EternalFox

Just about everyday. I outta give him a piece of my mind.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#72  Edited By citizenkane

Salespeople?  Lying to me?

Get outta here.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points